Monday, 23 November 2015

My parents

It was my mother's birthday last weekend and I visited them together with Sunny. We spent such a wonderful time with all of my family including my parents, my sister and her husband, and my nephew and niece.

When I was about to leave in order to drive home and said goodbye to my parents my father quietly started sobbing while I hugged him tightly and his eyes welled up. It is something that he has been doing a few times now when I visited them. And it breaks my heart, every single time. I do not even know what it is that makes him so sad when I leave. Is it because he is afraid it might be our last goodbye because he is 71? Is it because he is worried about my future, now that I am in my forties and separated from my husband and have a special needs child? Or is it because he is becoming more sentimental now that he is aging?

Maybe it is all of it. All I know is that it makes me cry every single time and then my mom starts crying, too, and then we all cry and hug each other tigthly and tell each other how much we love each other.

It is sad and beautiful and painful and it reminds my of our finiteness. There is so much love between us and I know that my parents will always be there for me to catch me if I fall, no matter what.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)