Saturday, 18 January 2014

Ten Things of Thankful: week 01-03/2014

Last week, after thinking about it for weeks, I finally decided much to my regret to step down from being a co-host of the TToT blog hop. As much as I love this hop - and I really, really still do - it started to become a big burden for me. There are things a co-host is expected to do and I had to learn the hard way that my weekends are just too busy to fulfil my duties as a co-host. I cannot keep up with the pace of this blog hop anymore and because I do not like doing things half-heartedly I decided I needed to stop. 

So, my dear fellow ex-(co-)hosts, thank you for being such a cool gang. I have enjoyed getting to know you better and it hurts not being part of this crowd anymore but I just had to make a sensible decision.

With that said, I am still going to try to link up as often as possible and I am still going to find ten things to be thankful for each week. You will not get rid of me completely ;-)


Let's start with the list of thankfuls:

1) I am thankful that I was one of the first co-hosts of this awesome project and that Lizzi deemed me worthy of being a co-host in the first place.

2) I am thankful that my fellow (co-)hosts always commented on my blog posts, regardless of how many times I was not able to comment back on their blogs.

3) This song that I heard on the radio today by Thomas D and Franka Potente: "Wish (Komm zu mir)", taken from the soundtrack of a German movie ("Lola rennt" - Lola runs). It is from the 1990's and I have not heard it in ages but today when it was played on the radio the beat and the speed drew me in immediately again.


4) The "Berliner" (some kind of doughnut filled with custard) I am enjoying right now. Hmmm!

5) So thankful that Sunny is finally using the talker again - and that he is trying to tell me more and more each day! Yay!

6) Our speech therapist. The session today was so well-prepared by her that I heard Sunny laugh, giggle, and squeal with excitement the whole time. He had such a good time which made him co-operate so very well. She really is worth her weight in gold!

7) The weather. Our winter so far has been extremely mild and pleasant, we did not have any snow, and the temperatures were moderate and on some days even almost spring-like. It is already mid-January so if the winter still comes it will not stay very long.

8) My blow-dryer. My hair would look so horrible without it! :-)

9) All the household appliances that make my life so much easier.

10) Sneakers. They are just so comfy! I love high heels but sneakers are such a great invention, too!









Take me to the link-up

16 comments:

  1. Joy, trust me I know the feeling well and I am now a co-host to two different hops during the week, but at least it is during the week. Weekends I try to take a bit easier, because of that and not sure I would ever consider hosting a hop on the weekend for that reason. Just glad you realized this wasn't working for you and hoping that you are now enjoying your much needed weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy we will miss you! Sometimes ya gotta dothe hard stuff to keep the more Iimportant things going in your life...I love that sunny enjoys speech...so many kids find it a chore....see you at the weekly hookups for ttot and maybe a vid chat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand completely, Joy. There are times when you just have to regroup. Or suffer burnout! Thanks for sharing with us, and glad Sunny's speech is on the up and up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for you being one of the original gang - you will ALWAYS be part of the group who made this happen, and thank you SO MUCH for that. Link up whenever it fits for you - we'll miss you though.

    Glad to hear about Sunny using the talker - that's awesome :D And I love that you like high heels and sneakers. New of either is a good thing in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No regrets, Joy - you have to do what is best for you and your family, always. I'm so sorry to see you go, but I shall try to carry the torch high in your stead! :)

    Blow dryers - yes, definitely. I love mine.

    So glad Sunny is progressing well. Sounds like you have a gem in that speech therapist and that will make all the difference in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Joy! Such a great list. So sorry that you have to step down, but there is a time and season to everything. It is difficult especially when a group that you were part of still exists without you...I am going through that myself. It is difficult, but I'm sure you made the choice you know is best for you! :)

    So happy about Sunny and the walker. And trying to tell you more! :) Big praises right there!

    And yes, let's hear it for household appliances. I never would have survived as a pioneer woman (or earlier, obviously), for sure!

    Have a fabulous week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say good for you for realizing your priorities and doing what is best for your family and for you. The nice thing is you don't have to co-host to be part of this wonderful crew! I will look forward to seeing your posts when you can!
    So happy to hear about Sunny using the talker and hope things continue to go well!
    Sneaker, high heels....shoes is shoes is shoes ....and they are all GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! One more...how could I forget? The doughnut filled with custard? I don't care what it's named......sounds too good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sad to hear the news from Lizzi about your stepping down, but I cannot fault you for it. It's good that you can be realistic and say no when it's best. I've come to see that saying no is a learned skill. I am happy to see you continuing to link up with us, though!
    A great speech therapist is a huge blessing! Glad to hear Sunny is connecting so well with his.
    A Berliner? Sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you ... JOY! xoxox jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always SO THANKFUL for our therapists. I hear that. You know that story in which John F. Kennedy said, "Ich bin ein Berliner"? Is it true he was saying, "I am a jelly doughnut"?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting, Joy, but I totally understand your reasoning for stepping down. I'm so happy for you that Sunny communicates more and more. And that he has fun during his speech therapy sessions. I could so go for a doughnut right now, if not jelly-filled than a delicious Top Pot maple bar :-) Have a great weekend, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really impressed with your wise choice in stepping down. It's so hard to let go of things that are important to us, in order to do the things that are even more important! Good for YOU.

    I am so so glad that your therapist is doing her job so beautifully with Sunny!! That is a HUGE blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the work you have done, as co-host over the…it seems like a short time, but there have been many weekend Posts.
    While I certainly agree that priorities start with family and work outwards, I will look forward to the Posts that you will be able to join us with, going forward, as we have all come to know your family (through your Posts) and wish you only the best in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We'll miss you as a co-host, but Sunny needs you more than we do. I will look forward to reading your list of TToT whenever you have a chance to post.
    Good news that Sunny is using his talker to communicate more. Awesome!
    I LOOOOOVE custard filled doughnuts, especially when they include chocolate frosting. I may be taking a little trip to Krispy Kreme today to get an American version of a Berliner....

    ReplyDelete
  16. My hair looks awful when it air dries. Thank goodness for blow dryers!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)