1) I am glad that I managed to downsize our luggage as good as possible. Since I will be travelling alone with Sunny it will still be a challenge to take all our bags to our hotel room. I hope someone will help me with it.
2) I am thankful that I will meet a woman and a family that I have both only known online so far in Cologne. I hope I will live up to their expectations and vice versa and I hope we will have a nice time together. Let's see whether I will still be thankful for these blind dates next weekend ;-)
3) I am thankful for Bryan Adams' "Rebel". My very first boyfriend introduced me to Bryan Adams (well, not personally but rather to his music) and this is one of my favourite songs from his old albums, although there are many more songs that I really like.
4) I am thankful that the summer holidays went really smoothly so far. It is just perfect to have some time at home and then leave again for some time. It is good to have some time alone and get things done while Sunny is taken care of by our respite care worker and then he is with me again and we do whatever he likes. We had some therapy sessions and some time off. So far it has been the perfect mixture of everything and the time went by really quickly without me feeling absolutely stressed.
5) I am excited to go to Cologne. I was there some years ago for half a day but rarely remember anything from the trip. I hope that we will be able to do some sightseeing tomorrow. Let's hope the weather will be on our side. We live in a rather rural area so it is always exciting to visit a big city.
6) I am looking forward to staying at a nice hotel for two nights. I haven't been to a hotel for a long time so I hope it will be cool and that we get a nice, quiet room.
7) I am thankful that I finally am able to accept that Sunny has to go to school in two weeks. It took me so long to make peace with this and now it's okay. Somehow. I am still a bit nervous and hope everything will be fine but I am not as unhappy as I used to be about the mere fact of school for Sunny this September.
8) I am thankful that it was possible to get an appointment in Cologne in order to hopefully get some help with the talker. The guy we have the appointment with is quite busy and fully booked so I am glad that he takes some time only for us. I hope it is worth the long drive!
9) I am thankful that my friend visited me this week and that we had such a nice and cosy evening together.
10) I am thankful for your understanding that I could not get back to anyone yet since I returned from Austria. It is just not easy as long as Sunny is still on holiday. I really hope that I will find the time soon to make my rounds again on the blogosphere, answer comments and all that. Thank you for still visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments nevertheless. See you all soon! xoxo
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine