So let's start and finish this quickly:
1) I am thankful that I can trust my maternal instincts. Sunny's pain perception is reduced so he hardly cries or lets me know when something hurts him. I only realised something was off this morning when he refused to drink his usually favourite drink (milk with water) so I headed to the paediatrician this afternoon in order to have her check on him before the weekend and I was completely right with my assumptions.
2) This is a totally unusual song for my playlist but "The Bonny Swans" by Loreena McKennitt is a song that I really adore. I love the medieval touch and the voice of Loreena. It is truly enchanting!
3) I am thankful that the storm that is raging over Germany since yesterday has not affected us so far and that it was not as bad as it was expected for those who were affected. It is supposed to dissolve tomorrow.
4) I am thankful for our tea machine (again). I mentioned this some time ago and was asked to share pictures. So for those of you who were curios just follow this link.
5) I am thankful for Nelson Mandela. He was a real hero and a role model. His humility was humbling. The world will be missing a person everyone could always look up to. His kindness and absolute will for reconciliation has surely left a seed in many hearts.
6) I am thankful for St. Nicholas' day which is today. This morning Sunny got a present at home (it was a book that he loved while he was in kindergarten so I bought it for him) and St. Nicholas also came to school this morning. Sunny's teacher wrote in our communication book that she took pictures of their encounter and I hope she will send them to me. Obviously they learned a poem that they recited for St. Nicholas. Some years ago Sunny was very afraid of St. Nicholas. I am always in awe how Sunny grew in so many different ways in the past years.
7) I am thankful for the movie "Troja" starring Brad Pitt which I am just watching while I type. He looks just awesome in his armour (and even better without ;-) ).... 'nuff said.
8) I am thankful for the friend who just called me while I wrote this post. She moved to France some years ago but we still meet as often as possible because she is always with her parents during school holidays and we are there (at my parents, of course) very often during the holidays, too.
9) I am thankful for hot showers and baths. There is nothing better when it is cold outside!
10) I am thankful that I got a small job that will bring me some money. However, it will be quite stressful as I have to finish it until Monday. I hope I will be able to finish it on time!
The complete list of posts can be found here (I deleted the blog hop because it always made my blog crash when I searched for something with the label TToT).
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, Home On Deranged, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful community and work with us to nurture an attitude of gratitude. We use the whole weekend to focus on the Good Things in life. Make a list of those present in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for today. Then share the Wonderfulness with others here.
Please take time to have a look at some of the other posts submitted and leave them some comment love - let's get the appreciation going. We find that the magic, the connection and the joy comes through best in conversations in the comments.
Add your 'Ten Things of Thankful' link here and don't forget to display our banner on your post.