Wednesday, 25 December 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: Christmas edition | week 50-52, 2013

It felt weird not to do a TToT post for so long as we will not do the blog hop officially again until next year. So as soon as I realised Lizzy is still doing a TToT (gone renegade) blog hop I decided to go for it so here it is:


1) I am thankful that we had a wonderful Christmas Eve yesterday.

2) I am thankful that Sunny wants me to sing Christmas songs to him all the time. I love it even more that he started to sing along some time ago (he used to stop singing when I chimed in). This is his favourite song right now:

"Fröhliche Weihnacht überall" (which means "Merry Christmas everywhere").


3) I am glad that I could reveal the secret hiding behind the Christmas pickle ;-)

4) I am thankful that my husband has a few days off and is finally able to relax a bit. He really had a lot to deal with this year.

5) I am glad that we will finally go to the cinema tonight again. We have not been able to go for weeks!

6) I am glad that we can cuddle up inside our warm, cosy home since the weather is dreadful!

7) I am thankful that I will be visiting my family together with Sunny after New Year's Day. Looking forward to them! :-)

8) I am happy that Sunny loved all his Christmas gifts so much. I am glad that I know him so well so that I know what he likes and I am glad that we can afford to buy gifts for him.

9) I am thankful for the gorgeous dinner we had yesterday.

10) I am thankful for the contemplation this time offers. I felt a bit low yesterday during the day and then a friend of mine told me to just forget my sorrows for one day and instead just celebrate the fact that Jesus was born. That made me feel better immediately.

10+1) I am so much looking forward to my end of the year Wrap up blog hop which will go live on December 27! I hope the button I made and the linky tool will work nicely!








Ten Things of Thankful

6 comments:

  1. totally identify with a part of Number 10 ( the part about somehow not feeling all atomic Christmas..) said much the same thing in today's Doctrine.

    hey, Lizzi has created something with the TToT that is semi-miraculous in it's own right… see you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clark! Yes, the holidays are not always easy, I totally get what you mean. Will have to read your post once again thoroughly. I was only able to skim it because we were half way out the door to the cinema when I started reading.

      Have a good rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Things, Joy.

    SO looking forward to your hop, and SO glad that you're able to tap into the Goodness of the day and of the season. Take much care of you, and enjoy the remainder of your lovely plans *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy. And now that I am reading all of your desperate Thankful posts I feel bad talking so much about my child. :-(

      Infertility really, really sucks and I wish I could help every couple trying to conceive by giving them the child they long for. You are deeply in my thoughts, especially tonight. xo

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Joy. Way to find true meaning! Sounds likr you guys got it right for youselves! See you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for the year-end hop!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)