Saturday, 14 December 2013

Another thing to be thankful for: TToT week 49-50/2013, part 2

Normally I do not do a second TToT post because I am always busy answering comments on my one and only post and reading all the other blogs but since yesterday's post was only a short version and today there is something I want to write about I am changing my pattern.

First of all: I did not post a song yesterday so I want to make good for that now because usually my TToT posts always include a song.

Today it is "If I Were You" by Hoobastank. I love that song and it fits my mood today.
(BTW, did you know how the band got their band name? This is a quote from Wikipedia:
"In an interview, Chris 'soldier' Hesse was asked the same question all ask: "How did the band come up with the name Hoobastank?" He replied, "Doug's brother is the vice president of BMW Motorcycles and lives in Germany. And there is this street out by his house that is called Hooba Street [added by me: it is called Hubertstra├če] or something like that and before Doug could pronounce the name, he called it Hoobastank and it was kinda a cute thing and his brother still teases him about it to this day. When we were looking for band names it's almost impossible to find a band name that hasn't been taken. Anything remotely normal has been taken already. I don't remember how it came up but someone said it and we were like yeah.")


So, onwards we go.
This afternoon we planned on going to a shopping mall in order for Sunny to go up and down the escalators and to a nearby Christmas market to watch all the twinkling lights and the beautifully decorated booths. After finally finding a parking spot we went to the mall where Sunny had a blast. The mall was decorated as Christmasy as it gets with a huge twinkling star at the ceiling, a lot of Christmas trees and lights everywhere. He was over the moon! Add to that his happiness of going up and down the escalators I do not know how often. In the basement a band was playing. We really enjoyed ourselves. When we sat down next to the band to listen to them and eat some cake Sunny and I were in such a good mood, singing and clapping and laughing. Then, all of a sudden, my husband started an ugly and completely unnecessary argument. Poww. My good mood was gone in an instant. I felt hurt, disappointed, sad, frustrated, and misunderstood.

Then, when I came home, I saw that I had three lovely texts from my friends who thanked me for the beautiful Christmas cards I sent them and that made me happy. And then I checked my blog and found such lovely comments on yesterday's post that it just warmed my heart.

This, you guys, is what I am thankful for tonight. And while I am still sad and angry that my husband spoiled our outing with his bad mood and took away all the fun I had in a split second, I feel the warmth of lovely messages and thoughts around me and it makes me feel a bit better.

Right now I am alone in the living room with some candles flickering, sipping a cup of cherry Gl├╝hwein, watching a show on TV (that my husband does not like), enjoying some chocolate-covered strawberries I bought at the Christmas market and feeling okay. Not happy, but okay. And sometimes this is just as good as it gets.








PS: Please note that I am not registered with Disqus, so for those of you who use Disqus for their comment section and do not allow comments as a guest I am sorry that I will not be able to comment on your blog.




The complete list of posts can be found here (I deleted the blog hop because it always made my blog crash when I searched for something with the label TToT).

~~~~~

Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful community and work with us to nurture an attitude of gratitude. We use the whole weekend to focus on the Good Things in life. Make a list of those present in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for today. Then share the Wonderfulness with others here.

Please take time to have a look at some of the other posts submitted and leave them some comment love - let's get the appreciation going. We find that the magic, the connection and the joy comes through best in conversations in the comments.

Add your 'Ten Things of Thankful' link here and don't forget to display our banner on your post.

12 comments:

  1. I hate it when a really good mood is turning sour all of a sudden. I hope you'll get it all figured out. I'm glad that Sunny had a great time. We also walked through town today. Hubby got a haircut and walked all through the shopping street before the kids and I had parked the car and walked over to the vision store to have Violet's glasses adjusted. The town is just crazy!! But it was great seeing the girls having fun playing with the Playmobil holiday display at the mall..

    Have a great weekend, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry that your day didn't go exactly as planned. Enjoy your TV show. Chocolate-covered strawberries sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh honey I'm so sorry that your husband ruined things for you. And I'm glad that you're okay now. What a shame though. Christmas can be so hard, for so many different reasons. I'm really, really glad that we in the TToT were able to boost you up a bit, as well as your friends who sent you text messages of cheer and love.

    Many hugs to you. Enjoy your show and your Christmas market goodies *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg the escalator rides reminds me of taking the bus just for the round trip cuz my kid got a kick out of it! I love that you would go just to ride escalators... I know you did other stuff too but still... hubs or anyone in the fam in a bad space is tough.... glad youre in a better mind space ... chocolate and darkness my kinda solution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must try this Gluhwein stuff - I've seen it like three times now and honestly have never had any. Oh, wait - just looked it up and duh - mulled wine. Yeah, so didn't know it by that name. But cherry sounds awesome.

    Don't you hate when husbands do that? Boys can be so dumb. :) It's why girls need our girlfriends. I hope your argument passes and you feel better than OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am the first one. Yippee Yay!! Anyway, when you read around the hop and you will know what I mean. Reference: http://motherofimperfection.com/ post. ) I am enjoying reading everyone's list. It sounds like a real nice trip you had to the mall today and I absolutely love chocolate covered strawberries. Now I need to find apple butter, my recipe for my old fruit cake, and chocolate covered strawberries. I feel giddy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you always post music videos that either let me revisit songs I haven't heard for ages or introduce me to completely new ones, like this one. Love the story that comes with this one too! I'm afraid to say my partner quite often spoils our outings by being in a bad mood too. He can be sulky like a teenager if he has to go somewhere he doesn't want to. But I agree with you - getting texts messages from friends and nice comments on my blog help me feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's ok, everyone gets in the mood once in a while....but hey, we'll all enjoy the holiday and look forward to better things! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. watch out for those 'second Posts!' they start innocently enough (like your here) and then its'…hey I got a little time, one little second Post won't hurt….

    the blogosphere is a truly interesting place, no?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate covered strawberries? Yum! Send some this way :) Hope things look up these next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your post yesterday from my phone (which = unable to comment) and was sososo happy for you. Your day today sounds wonderful as well...although I'm sorry a fight ruined it for you. That happens to me, too. Sigh... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness. I agree that the comments are so many on this blog hop. I enjoy reading each one though and going back to see what everyone else was thankful for. Sounds like a lot of tension going on between you and your hubby. I hope it all works out soon. :) It sounds like it was such an amazing time on your outing with Sunny apart from that :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)