Friday, 22 November 2013

Twenty-five Things of Thankful: week 45-47/2013 - Celebrate good times, come on! :-)

I did not participate in last week's TToT because I was too busy with a project and it was my own fault that I could not do anything else and that made me really angry. You can read more about that here.

This week there is something to celebrate: it is the 25th TToT blog hop (which is unbelievable - how does the time always fly so fast! It feels like we just started this!) and we are celebrating it hugely! Just check out our special picture at the end of this post! Isn't that just awesome?!

In order to celebrate it I will try to find 25 things to be thankful for tonight. Since I left out last week I will add those things on this week's list and hopefully find five more.

So let's see what the last two weeks brought with regard to thankfulness.


1) I am extremely thankful that I am part of this awesome blog hop!

2) I am extremely thankful for all the other co-hosts and participants of this blog hop! Lately I have failed very often to get back to comments or to visit all the other blogs that linked up because I was too busy but still most of them read my list and reach out to me nevertheless and that means so much to me. So THANK YOU for sticking with me! I will try my best to do better again. 

3) I have never been a big The Cure fan but their album "Disintegration" really got me hooked. I love almost every song of it. This is one of my absolute favourites: "Pictures of you"

I was trying to find the official video but thanks to the "beloved" GEMA almost everything was blocked for Germany once again. Aaargh! So this is not the full version of the album (it is much longer) but it has to be sufficient.


4) I am really, really thankful to witness the world rushing to help the people of the Philippines. People all over the globe are donating money, NGO's are sending personnel to help, countries are giving food, water and other goods essential for survival in a joint effort. I love to see how we all stand together in times of a major crisis like this.

5) I am thankful that we could attend the St. Martin's lantern parade of Sunny's former kindergarten last week although he is in school now. The school is not having one but since Sunny loved it so much in the past I asked them if we could accompany them and they were so glad to have us. We had a wonderful time and Sunny enjoyed himself so much!

6) I am glad that I already have most of my Christmas presents. I love it when the time before Christmas is relaxed and stress-free and not having to worry and rush for presents helps a lot with regard to that!

7) I am happy that we went to the cinema last week. We have not been there for weeks since my husband has been away for business a lot lately and I really missed it.

8) I bought a vintage lambskin coat from the 70's last week on ebay and it is so gorgeous! I wanted to have one for years but I would never buy a new one (1 - too expensive and 2 - I would not want any lamb to die for a new coat, but I am okay with a 40 years old vintage one). It is warm, cozy and just beautiful! Happy happy happy!

9) I am thankful for electric light in the house since it already gets dark at around 16:00 lately and dark rooms make me feel very uncomfortable.

10) We had another good and fruitful discussion with the authorities on the private issue I mentioned some weeks ago. I am thankful that it went quite well. The atmosphere in our home has been really tense because of our problem lately so I am glad this will help to improve the atmosphere for the weekend.

11) I am happy that we put up our bird house last week so that the birds can come and find food at our place during the winter months. Sunny misses all the birds of the summer and so he loves watching the remaining birds fly back and forth when they come here to eat!

12) I am thankful for our tea machine that we bought last year for Christmas. Since we have it I have been enjoying a lovely cup of tea for breakfast each morning and when I am not at home but somewhere else I really miss my tea. The flavours are sooo yummy!

13) I am thankful that my project is finally finished. So glad that I can cross it off my list!

14) We had a rough night yesterday because Sunny's nose was stuffed. He woke up at around 21:15 and was whiney and needy and clingy. I went to bed with him and tried to console him. He was very uneasy the whole night but today he seems to be doing much better. I hope that he will not get a cold or bronchitis or anything else. Fingers crossed. And I enjoyed it so much how he needed me last night, how we slept together in my bed, his tiny, soft, warm body cuddled against mine, his head right next to mine on my pillow. Pure love! <3

15) I am really glad for the bus transfer and especially all the kind and cautious drivers that take Sunny to school each day. I decided to thank each of them during the month of December with small, homemade bags of my sugar roasted almonds and a little thank you note. I never did that before but I thought about it today and came to realise that they really deserve it.

16) I am thankful for good customer service. I bought a very expensive purse in August this year and some weeks ago I noticed that one of the seams of the lining inside was damaged and started to fray since it was badly sewn together. Because it was so expensive I filed a complaint and sent the bag to the customer service of the manufacturer. This week I got another, brand new bag sent to me by mail. Since it is my favourite purse I am really happy it was exchanged.

17) I am thankful that Sunny will participate in this year's nativity play again. Last year he was an angel and this year he will be a tiny sheep. Love it!

18) I am thankful that we have not had any snow yet.

19) I am thankful for a pantry full of food, a roof over our heads, the possibility to heat the house, access to water, warm beds... all those amenities that we take for granted but that are not self-evident. We are very privileged and should not forget that.

20) I am thankful that Sunny still naps. Period.

21) I am happy that my Christmas cards arrived in the mail today. I am prepared for the holiday season to come!

22) I am thankful to learn that even models are people like you and I ;-) This video shifts perspective in the direction of reality again.


23) My mom broke her foot last week and I am glad that it was only her foot; that it was no complicated fracture, that the cast will be off by Christmas and that she is doing fairly well.

24) I am glad for blood donations. I am a blood donor myself and it makes me feel so good every time I do it. Also, you never know when you might need blood yourself. When Sunny had major surgery some years ago he needed a lot of blood and that made me aware once again how important blood donations are. It is so easy to help others with simple things like that. It does not cost anything, it does not hurt... perfect.


If you made it this far: wow! Thank you for taking the time to read it all! Now on to the last thing on my list: 

25) I am happy that my blog will be one year old on Monday! I have planned something special for my first blogoversary so - pretty please - come back for it! :-)









Additionally, I am linking this up with this week's FTSF using the sentence "Right now, I am thankful for..."

Your hosts:
Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle Of Whine...
Janine of Janine's Confessions of a Mommyaholic
Stephanie of Mommy, for Real
Kristi of Finding Ninee




It's time for the 25th TToT
Please join our hosts so

Everyone's favourite Pig Wrangler Who do you want to be today? Clark? Scott? Roger? She's loving the Sunny side of life Cloudy with a chance of poetry Purveyor of brain-candy, beautiful words and dorky pictures Nutty as a bloody fruitcake! Our Bardic WIZARD, and mascot The Skipenator She'll bake you a mountain of thankfulness What the L? She's deranged! Our very adorkable warrior Image Map

And just for you, a freebie, too:

Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

39 comments:

  1. I tried to donate my blood, but my bloody body won't give up any and instead I pass out :-( I'm glad that Sunny got to take part in the lantern parade! We had ours a couple of weeks ago and it was so much fun!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister has the same problem with blood donation, she went for the first time together with me and passed out. She never tried it again.

      Great that you could also attend the lantern parade!

      Have a great week, too!

      Delete
  2. Happy One Year Blogiversary and my Christmas Cards cam today, too. Now I have to address, stamp and mail them. Wonderful list and Happy 25th week co-hosting, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine!

      I have to start writing and mailing the cards, too. Will start with that soon.

      Have a happy week!

      Delete
  3. My youngest son and I have been recipients of blood in the past, and are both donors now. You're right; it's so important. I felt really good when my donations exceeded the amount we had both used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my son has been recipient of blood, too. I am happy you are a donor, too!

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh Joy I LOVE THIS! You're such a darling to do 25 Things :) I think #14 is my absolute favourite, and seriously, don't worry about missing bloggy stuff in order to prioritise Real Life - that's far more important :D

    *MASSIVEHUGS*

    (Hope your mum heals quickly. Glad it wasn't worse for her.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think no. 14 was one of my favourites, too! :-)

      Thanks for the well-wishes for my mom. Actually, I think she is doing quite okay.

      Hugging you right back! xo

      Delete
  5. Awesomely awesome! Happy one year - wow! I have so many things to respond to so I'll try to make it brief...probably. I have not thought of The Cure in a-g-e-s! Thanks for that! :)
    I'm so jealous you have your X-mas shopping done...how? how do you do that? I'm in awe.
    I need to put a bird feeder out...love having food out for the birdies in the backyard during Winter!
    Thanks for the reminder.
    That video was fascinating!!!! Wow. I knew they photoshopped stuff....but I don't think I realized they did that much to already beautiful women. wow.
    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! :-)

      Re: the Christmas shopping: I give away a lot of photo presents (books, calendars...) and they are already finished. Then I came up with good ideas for the rest of the people whom I needed to buy presents for and now they are already ordered and will arrive here in time.

      Yes, the video is a real eye-opener.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  6. Hey, awesome 25 lister!!! Great thanks, all and thank YOU for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great, extra-long list. I share many thankfulnesses with you, like nearly being done with my Xmas shopping, Xmas cards, preschooler naps, and electric light (it is so DARK). Also, customer service. My cordless immersion blender would no longer charge so I called up the company. This was the response, "Well, this product is out of warranty because we haven't made it for several years (heart sinking), but what we'll do is send you a packing slip to mail us the old one and then we'll mail you a more recent model for free." Um, OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's cool that you received a new blender after years!! That's what I call really awesome customer service!

      Have a happy week!

      Delete
  8. Great list and well worth reading to the very end! Congratulations on your first year blogging. That's just awesome! I will definitely come back and see what you have planned. I have a little one with pneumonia right now and hopefully on the mend and it's hard when they don't feel well. I am glad to hear the your mom will be alright, broken anythings are no fun. This time of year when it gets dark so early I am also most definitely grateful for electricity! It is comforting to see so much help for the Philippines after such devastation. It's good to know that people still care for one another. I'm about halfway through my Christmas shopping, which is slow for me but life has been chaotic so I will have to endure a little of that stress this year, I'm afraid! A really lovely post and thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Hope you will participate in my blog hop! Would love to see you there!

      Hope your little one will be better in no time! Fingers crossed that you will be able to finish your Xmas shopping without too much hassle.

      Thanks for stopping by! Have a relaxed week!

      Delete
  9. I love your list! Nice job doing 25 of them, too! And you're so good with the Christmas card stuff! I love it. I need to do better with that.
    Your little one sounds amazing and I'm thankful for naps, too. It should be a requirement for all adults, haha.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I could nap during the day! I would, seriously, but somehow I cannot fall asleep because there is always so much going through my head..

      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  10. Very nice 'versary Post!
    no way I am not organized Christmas is still 2 months away (…it's not? ayiee!)

    I am totally with you being grateful for the non-snowing nature of days (so far!).

    I really enjoy your Posts through the last 25 weeks… direct and to the heart, something I try for when I write my Posts so I always come here to get centered on theme of gratitude!.

    Thank you for being a co-hostinae all these weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Clark,
      Christmas is actually only one month away. Just sayin'... ;-)

      Yesterday it snowed for the first time but only a little bit so the roofs are powdered. Looks quite nice actually!

      Thanks! I wish I could write more elaborately and be more creative (which is something I love about your posts!) but somehow I only manage to write directly and on the spot.

      Thank you for being such an awesome co-host as well! :-)

      Delete
  11. yknow we all (including you!) do what we can do and do our best.. you get to it when you can( regarding #2)
    But as understanding as that sounds... I want your new coat! Does that sound all greedy? Oh well! It sounds fabulous!
    I love doing little things for folks who don't expect thanks for jobs well done... HOw nice to do the almond thing (and even better to include the link!)
    Glad Sunny is on the mend and happy 1 year Monday!
    Lastly...thanks so much for being a blood donor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, I totally get why you are jealous for my new coat. It IS the bomb!

      Yes, I am so much looking forward to treating the bus drivers with the almonds! Love to make others happy!

      Thank you for always taking the time to comment, even if I don't manage to comment! xo

      Delete
  12. I agree with having Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. It really makes a difference. Now to find that birdf eeder...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, are you finished with your Christmas shopping, too? And did you find the bird feeder?

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  13. Love that you put 25 items on your list - so many wonderful things to be thankful for! I really like that Cure song - actually I think I just like your taste in music, because I liked another song you posted in the past too :) I totally agree with your number 4 - I know quite a few families who are donating to help people in the Philippines rather than giving each other Christmas presents this year. It's amazing how the greatest tragedies often bring our the greatest good in people. How fantastic that you have a birdhouse - I love birds so much. I've never actually heard of a tea machine! Maybe you could post a photo of it next week? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's cool that we like the same music! Let's see what you think of next week's pick ;-)

      We love birds a lot, too. It is so wonderful to see them feeding on our sunflower seeds which is their favourite food.

      I will include a pictures of my tea machine in next week's post, promise!

      Hope you will have a perfect week!

      Delete
  14. I'm so impressed that you are done with your Christmas shopping- way to go! I'm going to try and finish this week- you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! Hope you will succeed!

      Delete
  15. I love The Cure and Pictures of You is...well, it's way up there on my list of favorite songs. They have made an appearance in my Twisted Mixed Tape Tuesdays and...I think I have a whole post about Disintegration somewhere way back.

    and yes, 'twas a sad, sad day when my youngest didn't want/need naps anymore....:) yes, enjoy it while it lasts for sure! ;)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Maybe you could give me the link to your post about Disintegration? Would love to read it!

      Rest asssured: I DO enjoy naptime very consciously! ;-)

      Thanks for your comment and have a great week!

      Delete
  16. Wow, my list feels so inadequate now. I have been sick and really struggled to even get one done this week but wanted to because well 25! Whoop! Congratulations on almost one year! Wow!!! I remember exactly when you started. how fun is that???
    I'm also really glad you finished your project. You give me hope that I can finish mine, soon. (same photo book project just a bit different as I mentioned in a comment before). The lantern parade sounds amazing. Your new coat sounds gorgeous (and yes, it's totally okay if it's 40 years old!). Love your list, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Kristi, as I alredy commented at your blog your list is completely awesome and creative and not inadequate at all!

      Thanks for the congrats. Hope you will join my blog hop at the end of the year!

      Love that your are doing something similar with Tucker's pictures. What is the difference between yours and mine? Have you started it already?

      I can't wait to wear my coat for the first time! :-)

      Delete
  17. Man, if I tried to list 25 different things my brain would start smoking and my cigarettes would freeze up! You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? :) Lambskin? Is that like the vests that Sonny & Cher used to wear? That's great! "Disintegration" is one of the better cd's of The Cure, for sure! Robert is a little different, but when you get used to him, he's still a little different! Well done! Take a month off after this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Sonny and Cher, that was not really my era ;-) I was born in the 70's and did not have a clue about any of this back then.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment, Rich! As always, it made me grin. I really appreciate that you showed up despite your big work load. Would you consider linking up with my anniversary blog hop at the end of the year? Would love to have your wit and humour there! Here are the details:
      http://icansaymama.blogspot.com/2013/11/one-year-of-blogging-my-blogoversary.html

      May your week be filled with burgers and what is connected to them ;-)

      Delete
  18. Wow! Good on you for upcoming up with 25 Thankfuls!! The day my boys stopped napping...saddest day of my life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it will be the same here, too!

      Delete
  19. Hi Joy!! I haven't visited in awhile:) I love your list! I love this blog hop, too. 25 wks! That is crazy! I hear with the electric lights...i love electricity! What is tea machine? is it like a keurig? glad things with sunny are going well..yay for great drivers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! So happy to see you again! :-) I hope you are fine!

      I will post a picture of the tea machine on the next TToT post. It is like a coffee machine, only for tea.

      Delete
  20. I'm late getting to everyone's thankful blogs this week! Great list. I'm listening to the Cure - great song. It reminds me of a long time ago. (I used to have an album but not sure where it is now.)
    Congrats on your blog being a year old.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)