This week there is something to celebrate: it is the 25th TToT blog hop (which is unbelievable - how does the time always fly so fast! It feels like we just started this!) and we are celebrating it hugely! Just check out our special picture at the end of this post! Isn't that just awesome?!
In order to celebrate it I will try to find 25 things to be thankful for tonight. Since I left out last week I will add those things on this week's list and hopefully find five more.
So let's see what the last two weeks brought with regard to thankfulness.
1) I am extremely thankful that I am part of this awesome blog hop!
2) I am extremely thankful for all the other co-hosts and participants of this blog hop! Lately I have failed very often to get back to comments or to visit all the other blogs that linked up because I was too busy but still most of them read my list and reach out to me nevertheless and that means so much to me. So THANK YOU for sticking with me! I will try my best to do better again.
3) I have never been a big The Cure fan but their album "Disintegration" really got me hooked. I love almost every song of it. This is one of my absolute favourites: "Pictures of you".
I was trying to find the official video but thanks to the "beloved" GEMA almost everything was blocked for Germany once again. Aaargh! So this is not the full version of the album (it is much longer) but it has to be sufficient.
4) I am really, really thankful to witness the world rushing to help the people of the Philippines. People all over the globe are donating money, NGO's are sending personnel to help, countries are giving food, water and other goods essential for survival in a joint effort. I love to see how we all stand together in times of a major crisis like this.
5) I am thankful that we could attend the St. Martin's lantern parade of Sunny's former kindergarten last week although he is in school now. The school is not having one but since Sunny loved it so much in the past I asked them if we could accompany them and they were so glad to have us. We had a wonderful time and Sunny enjoyed himself so much!
6) I am glad that I already have most of my Christmas presents. I love it when the time before Christmas is relaxed and stress-free and not having to worry and rush for presents helps a lot with regard to that!
7) I am happy that we went to the cinema last week. We have not been there for weeks since my husband has been away for business a lot lately and I really missed it.
8) I bought a vintage lambskin coat from the 70's last week on ebay and it is so gorgeous! I wanted to have one for years but I would never buy a new one (1 - too expensive and 2 - I would not want any lamb to die for a new coat, but I am okay with a 40 years old vintage one). It is warm, cozy and just beautiful! Happy happy happy!
9) I am thankful for electric light in the house since it already gets dark at around 16:00 lately and dark rooms make me feel very uncomfortable.
10) We had another good and fruitful discussion with the authorities on the private issue I mentioned some weeks ago. I am thankful that it went quite well. The atmosphere in our home has been really tense because of our problem lately so I am glad this will help to improve the atmosphere for the weekend.
11) I am happy that we put up our bird house last week so that the birds can come and find food at our place during the winter months. Sunny misses all the birds of the summer and so he loves watching the remaining birds fly back and forth when they come here to eat!
12) I am thankful for our tea machine that we bought last year for Christmas. Since we have it I have been enjoying a lovely cup of tea for breakfast each morning and when I am not at home but somewhere else I really miss my tea. The flavours are sooo yummy!
13) I am thankful that my project is finally finished. So glad that I can cross it off my list!
14) We had a rough night yesterday because Sunny's nose was stuffed. He woke up at around 21:15 and was whiney and needy and clingy. I went to bed with him and tried to console him. He was very uneasy the whole night but today he seems to be doing much better. I hope that he will not get a cold or bronchitis or anything else. Fingers crossed. And I enjoyed it so much how he needed me last night, how we slept together in my bed, his tiny, soft, warm body cuddled against mine, his head right next to mine on my pillow. Pure love! <3
15) I am really glad for the bus transfer and especially all the kind and cautious drivers that take Sunny to school each day. I decided to thank each of them during the month of December with small, homemade bags of my sugar roasted almonds and a little thank you note. I never did that before but I thought about it today and came to realise that they really deserve it.
16) I am thankful for good customer service. I bought a very expensive purse in August this year and some weeks ago I noticed that one of the seams of the lining inside was damaged and started to fray since it was badly sewn together. Because it was so expensive I filed a complaint and sent the bag to the customer service of the manufacturer. This week I got another, brand new bag sent to me by mail. Since it is my favourite purse I am really happy it was exchanged.
17) I am thankful that Sunny will participate in this year's nativity play again. Last year he was an angel and this year he will be a tiny sheep. Love it!
18) I am thankful that we have not had any snow yet.
19) I am thankful for a pantry full of food, a roof over our heads, the possibility to heat the house, access to water, warm beds... all those amenities that we take for granted but that are not self-evident. We are very privileged and should not forget that.
20) I am thankful that Sunny still naps. Period.
21) I am happy that my Christmas cards arrived in the mail today. I am prepared for the holiday season to come!
22) I am thankful to learn that even models are people like you and I ;-) This video shifts perspective in the direction of reality again.
23) My mom broke her foot last week and I am glad that it was only her foot; that it was no complicated fracture, that the cast will be off by Christmas and that she is doing fairly well.
24) I am glad for blood donations. I am a blood donor myself and it makes me feel so good every time I do it. Also, you never know when you might need blood yourself. When Sunny had major surgery some years ago he needed a lot of blood and that made me aware once again how important blood donations are. It is so easy to help others with simple things like that. It does not cost anything, it does not hurt... perfect.
If you made it this far: wow! Thank you for taking the time to read it all! Now on to the last thing on my list:
25) I am happy that my blog will be one year old on Monday! I have planned something special for my first blogoversary so - pretty please - come back for it! :-)
Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle Of Whine...
Janine of Janine's Confessions of a Mommyaholic
Stephanie of Mommy, for Real
Kristi of Finding Ninee
It's time for the 25th TToT
Please join our hosts so
And just for you, a freebie, too:
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, Home On Deranged, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine