Friday, 29 November 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 47-48/2013

I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgiving celebrations including beautiful moments with your loved ones, delicious food and just a relaxed time.


1) I am thankful for my good health. I had a small health scare which was ruled out this week and I was so relieved when I heard the good news.

2) Aaaaah, this song is just too good to be true! I have been in love with ZZ Top's "Rough Boy" for what seems to be an eternity but it sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it. It is one of the songs that I could play on repeat the whole day.


3) I am happy that so many of you congratulated me on my first blog anniversary. I am even more thankful that those who did like my idea of a little blog hop at the end of the year. Of course I would love you all to join me so please follow the link to my post where you can learn more about it and be part of it. That would be awesome!!

4) I am thankful for underwear, especially for chemises. When I was younger I never wore a chemise in winter but that has changed the last few years and now I take them out in autumn. It might not be the sexiest thing to wear but I matured enough to realise that freezing for beauty's sake is reserved for the youngsters and hipsters ;-)

5) I am thankful for my life. It is far from perfect but it is my life and I love it.

6) I am happy that the time for Christmas markets starts again. I love to visit my favourite Christmas market. This is such a special time of the year and I am so much looking forward to our first visit which will hopefully take place this weekend.

7) I am thankful for Glühwein (hot spiced wine). I had my first Glühwein of the season this week and enjoyed it so much.

8) I love twinkly lights and the beginning of the advent season. On Sunday we will light the first candle of our advent wreath and I will be relishing this time. Since I already have all of my Christmas presents I can relax and consciously take in the quietness of the advent season.

9) I am thankful for good food. I love to eat and to enjoy good quality food. There are so many wonderful things in the world to eat and I am very thankful to be privileged enough to try and eat so many delicious things.

10) I am thankful for good movies. A good movie makes me forget my worries for a while.











The complete list of posts can be found here (I deleted the blog hop because it always made my blog crash when I searched for something with the label TToT).

~~~~~

Your hosts

Join the Ten Things of Thankful community and work with us to nurture an attitude of gratitude. We use the whole weekend to focus on the Good Things in life. Make a list of those present in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for today. Then share the Wonderfulness with others here.

Please take time to have a look at some of the other posts submitted and leave them some comment love - let's get the appreciation going. We find that the magic, the connection and the joy comes through best in conversations in the comments.

Add your 'Ten Things of Thankful' link here and don't forget to display our banner on your post.


25 comments:

  1. We've been to the forest holiday market in Erlangen, it's so beautiful, even though the blueberry gluehwein wasn't that hot any more when I got to drink it.

    I'm so glad that your health scare turned out to be just that; I bet you were relieved, I always am after my annual review at the endocrynologist.

    Enjoy the lights, food, and movies!!

    At tip on the chemises: I usually wear the tops from H&M. They are fairly inexpensive, long so they cover even my back, and they even look good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever been to the Nürnberg Christmas market? Everyone says it it so nice!

      Thanks; yes, I was very relieved!

      The H&M tip sounds good, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Whenever I need a distraction I go to the movies- I am thankful for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Joy. I love the Advent season - I hate that it gets so eclipsed by the focus on shopping and such. We really try to focus on that season of waiting and calm and remember what that time is for. I wish you a very peaceful season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, you are so right on the advent season! That's why I am so glad that I do not have to deal with any shopping any more.

      Wishing you a wonderful time, too!

      Delete
  4. Oh BRILLIANT! I had good food on my list too :)

    And a chemise sounds like it should be a mountain goat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food should be on every list every week! I just love food!

      Delete
  5. You already have ALL OF YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!!!!! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do and I am so happy about that! What about you?

      Delete
  6. You have just reminded me that it's time to watch a good movie! Thanks for sharing, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent 'Top! (what a pleasant surprise… not that I don't enjoy you TToT I believe some of my own Grat lists are better for having read your Post(s) each week… direct, to the point and with such a comfortable *feel*… (maybe that's the 'voice' of the blog, as I read writer types refer to)… but ZZ Top! (granted a fairly strange (even for the 80s') video but very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much, Clark! I love that I you think I made your lists better! That is really a compliment for me!

      So happy that you love the song, too!

      Delete
  8. gotta love zz top... THis was a great list...kinda makes me long a bit for the holidays which I really haven't been yet...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I came back cuz I forgot to say WHEW! Congrats on the health scare being just a scare... stay well!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Zoe, I am so glad the health scare was ruled out!

      As for the holiday season I am happy that my post made you long for it.....it is abut time to start getting into the mood!

      Delete
  9. The health scare is so frightening! I'm glad it all worked out! MMM to hot spiced wine... What movie did you see? I'm also jealous that you've done all of your holiday shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi!

      I was not referring to any movie in particular, we could not go to the cinema because my husband was away for work.

      Delete
  10. Wow! I had forgotten this ZZ Top song existed and am wondering how I could have! I love it so thanks for re-introducing it to me. I'm listening while I type this comment for the second time! Your list is so good. It actually made me feel so relaxed just reading it. I can't explain why. It is a wonderful list and I am glad to hear that your health scare was just a scare. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that I made you feel relaxed and that you love that song as much as I do! Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  11. From one Joy to another - I LOVE your post!!! I'm glad you're feeling okay and your health scared turned out to be a blip on the chart! Excited for your advent wreath and happy blog-o-versary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Joy!! :-)

      Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for linking up with us!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Underwear. A shirt/top/camisole.... something to keep you warm in winter!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)