... until I started this post on Monday, put in the video and added nothing else until now - Friday night - where I have to work hard to make my tired brain come up with anything. Procrastination at its best, I would say. :-/
So, let's see what I can come up with....
1) I am glad that, for the time being, all planned appointments are off my list until next year. It was surely a lot those past two months so this is really some relief for me.
2) There is something called the "European Song Contest" taking place every year. A lot of countries of the European Union send a band or a singer from their respective country and they all "battle" (aka sing) against each other. The viewers can vote by phone for every country except for their own.
In 2010 it was the Greek song that I liked the most. Now I know this is not the kind of music I normally post or listen to because while I love to dance I am really no dance floor music girl in general. However, this song somehow got me hooked immediately because I liked the exotic melody, the power of it (makes you want to jump up and shout "OPA!", doesn't it?) and I also liked the performance of the dancers in the background. Apart from that the rest of the event was pretty boring so I enjoyed this powerful song a lot. I guess it woke me up from my tv nap ;-) I even called a few times to vote for them but, sadly, they did not win.
I still like this song and today I want to share it with you: "OPA!" by Giorgos Alkaios & Friends. Of course I do not understand a single word but that is not necessary for me to like it. OPA!! :-)
3) I am glad that we found a new date for Sunny's hippo therapy. In summer we always did it in the evening, after the therapist's riding lessons were over, but now it is already too dark by the time when we usually went so after some back and forth discussion the therapist was finally able to give us a fixed date on Saturday morning which is just perfect for us (since my son is such an early bird). I am really glad that we do not have to stop doing it because of external circumstances.
4) I am glad that this week's blood withdrawal to check Sunny's thyroid levels went quickly. Of course he screamed and tried desperately to get away from the stretcher but his paediatrician found a good vein very quickly and there was enough blood soon to end the procedure.
5) I am glad that I got to submit something to our dearest hostini, Lizzy, on time. So proud of my achievement because sometimes I just suck at that but this time I did not. That's something to be thankful for!
6) The fact that there is "Die Hard 2" on TV tonight which I have seen I don't know how often so that I do not have to pay attention to the story line and can blog without missing the plot.
7) I just got a call from Sunny's paediatrician because the blood results came back. The L-Thyroxin needs to be increased and I am glad that medicine exists and is available to us in order to help Sunny develop as good as possible.
8) I am thankful for Kerri. Because she always gets it and she is always there for me although she lives half a world away. Thank you!! xoxo
9) I am thankful that we do not live in an area that is prone to natural disasters. As the news about the super typhoon on the Philippines has been with me the whole day and I thought about the people there constantly I am praying that there will not be too much devastation and, hopefully, no high death toll (I heard about 3 people who died until now and I just wish the numbers would not increase anymore).
10) I am thankful for candles. They make my living room so much more comfy!
The complete list of posts can be found here (I deleted the blog hop because it always made my blog crash when I searched for something with the label TToT).
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, Home On Deranged, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful community and work with us to nurture an attitude of gratitude. We use the whole weekend to focus on the Good Things in life. Make a list of those present in your life by listing ten things you are thankful for today. Then share the Wonderfulness with others here.
Please take time to have a look at some of the other posts submitted and leave them some comment love - let's get the appreciation going. We find that the magic, the connection and the joy comes through best in conversations in the comments.
Add your 'Ten Things of Thankful' link here and don't forget to display our banner on your post.