Sunday, 3 November 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 43-44/2013

Sunny and I returned this afternoon from my parents where we had stayed sinced Wednesday which is why I am linking up my post so late this week. So I better hurry up in order to get this done in time!


1) I am thankful that, while Sunny got sick again last weekend, he bounced back relatively quickly and we were still able to drive home to see my family.

2) It was in 2006 when I was on a roadtrip on the West Coast of the United States with my parents. You know, the awesome stuff the tourists visit: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, a lot of National Parks, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles... it was such an awesome trip and I treasure the memory of the time I got to spend with my parents.

We listened to the radio while we were leaving mile upon mile behind us and there was this one song that was played frequently, almost daily. I always turned up the volume when it was played because I love the emotional lyrics and how melodic it is. It was "Right Here" by Staind and every time I hear it my mind returns to the breathtaking landscape we saw, the beautiful people we met and the big, huge, ginormous cities that expanded our small-town horizons. This song music will always be etched in my heart together with the images bound to it and the precious time we spent together.


3) I am thankful for escalators. There is nothing that makes Sunny happier instantly than going up and down on an escalator. While we were away we went to the shopping centre several times so he could enjoy the escalators numerous times. I think he could have spent hours there!

4) I am thankful for our home. While it it always nice to be at my parents it feels so good to return our own place, to settle on our own sofa at night and to live in a home that is how we want it to be.

5) I am thankful that school starts again tomorrow. One week of autumn holidays are ending today and I hope Sunny will not be sick too often in the next weeks so that he can attend school as often as possible.

6) I am thankful that all my favourite TV series will start again soon. The summer break should be over soon and that means that I can enjoy all my favourite shows while I work on my laptop on the sofa. Yay!

7) I am thankful for cake that someone else made for me and not the other way round, as is normally the case.

8) I am thankful for my yoga class that will continue tomorrow. The longer I attend the class the better I learn to relax.

9) I am thankful for a hot shower after a long day.

10) Thankful for my bed that I can hear calling loud and clear. Good night!










Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

10 comments:

  1. YAY to somebody making you a cake! I love it! Also, thanks for the reminder about that song from Staind - I'd forgotten all about it and love it so much. I just downloaded it to my iphone so that I will hear it this week on the way to work. And then I'll think about how thankful I am to have such great blogging friends like you in this life. And congrats on school starting back up. Tucker is off for two days this week and I'm already worried about how I will find enough time to get to work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be the only person I know who gets anxious on escalators... I fell down one once in the middle of a Christmas concert and the music stopped playing to watch me tumble down wet muddy steps... ugh... Glad you made it in time! That memory actually makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake made for you, hot shower and bed. Some lovely things on your list.

    I have to ask, though, if Sunny likes escalators, have you ever managed to find a travelator to take him on? They're MUCH more fun than the regular kind, with stairs. They're a MOVING SLOPE and I swear, I was blown away when I first got to go one one :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope Sunny is well and able to go back to school. I know it's good for him to have that continuity.

    Cake is always good, but especially when someone else makes it for you!

    I hate escalators, but my son has always loved them. We got our first (and only) escalator in town when my son was about 7, and he, too, would have spent hours going up and down it if I had let him. It was always a reward for good behavior when we went to the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard that song in so long - thanks for the trip down memory lane! I'm also a fan of hot showers, yoga and being baked cakes :) have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so so glad Sunny bounced back quickly and is feeling better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vacations are wonderful, but so is returning home to one's own bed. Glad that Sunny is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a good week ahead! (I'm just making the 'final rounds'… the night owls will be up for another couple of hours, I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home...nothing like is there? And I agree even though you may go away to someone's house that is *almost* like home (for me that would be my sister's home or my parents'), it is always nice to return to your own 'stuff'.

    CAKE! hmmm, I cannot even remember the last time someone made ME a cake. hmmm.... ;) Anyway, what a lovely 'thing of thankful'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a great night, Joy! Have you had the chance to try some of my recipes for the crock pot yet??

    I totally hear you with the "my home is my castle". I like to visit and I like to have visitors, but then again I love having the house just for us ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)