1) I am thankful that, while Sunny got sick again last weekend, he bounced back relatively quickly and we were still able to drive home to see my family.
2) It was in 2006 when I was on a roadtrip on the West Coast of the United States with my parents. You know, the awesome stuff the tourists visit: Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, a lot of National Parks, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles... it was such an awesome trip and I treasure the memory of the time I got to spend with my parents.
We listened to the radio while we were leaving mile upon mile behind us and there was this one song that was played frequently, almost daily. I always turned up the volume when it was played because I love the emotional lyrics and how melodic it is. It was "Right Here" by Staind and every time I hear it my mind returns to the breathtaking landscape we saw, the beautiful people we met and the big, huge, ginormous cities that expanded our small-town horizons. This song music will always be etched in my heart together with the images bound to it and the precious time we spent together.
3) I am thankful for escalators. There is nothing that makes Sunny happier instantly than going up and down on an escalator. While we were away we went to the shopping centre several times so he could enjoy the escalators numerous times. I think he could have spent hours there!
4) I am thankful for our home. While it it always nice to be at my parents it feels so good to return our own place, to settle on our own sofa at night and to live in a home that is how we want it to be.
5) I am thankful that school starts again tomorrow. One week of autumn holidays are ending today and I hope Sunny will not be sick too often in the next weeks so that he can attend school as often as possible.
6) I am thankful that all my favourite TV series will start again soon. The summer break should be over soon and that means that I can enjoy all my favourite shows while I work on my laptop on the sofa. Yay!
7) I am thankful for cake that someone else made for me and not the other way round, as is normally the case.
8) I am thankful for my yoga class that will continue tomorrow. The longer I attend the class the better I learn to relax.
9) I am thankful for a hot shower after a long day.
10) Thankful for my bed that I can hear calling loud and clear. Good night!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, Home On Deranged, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine