Monday, 25 November 2013

One year of blogging - my blogiversary!

Dear all,

Today is my blogiversary. It has been exactly one year right this very minute since I spontaneously decided to start my own blog.

I am still trying to find some kind of routine in blogging, still trying to be a reliable blogging friend, still trying to connect to my fellow bloggers and readers as good and as often as possible while not neglecting other duties I have. But I also started to let go of the pressure I put on myself with regard to blogging.

I must say that blogging has given me so much and that I do not regret joining the legion of bloggers around the globe at all. I found a caring and funny community that I would be very sad to miss. I found lovely friends that mean a lot to me. I found laughter and tears and heartbreak and joy and happiness.

I would like to say thank you. Thank you to everyone who cares enough for us to come back to see how we are doing. Thank you to everyone who follows this blogs and reads everything that I post and to those who only come here to read occasionally. Thank you to everyone who comments and to those who read quietly. Thank you for celebrating with us, cheering for us and crying with us. This is for you:



In order to celebrate my blogiversary I have one wish: I would like to have my very own, small and humble blog hop.

At the end of last year I posted my wrap-up of the year 2012. I am going to do it again this year and I would love you to join me!

I thought about the perfect timing for a long time (knowing that everyone is very busy with family and celebrations at the end of the year) and decided that the blog hop will go live on December 27 at 0:00 and will be open until December 31 at 23:59 (my time zone). So you will have plenty of time to link up your posts.

Because it will be the holiday season and, therefore, in order for you to be able to prepare your posts in advance without any hurry or stress and with a lot of lead time I am posting the questions for you already today. Edited to add: I was asked several times now if all questions should be answered or only a few. The plan is to answer all the questions (which is why I am posting them today already so you have enough time to come up with the answers until the end of December). But really: If you want to skip some just feel free to do so. There is no must, but answering all of them would be nice.

So, without further ado, here they are:

~~~~~


 
Gained or lost weight?

Predominant feeling in 2013?

Predominant feeling for 2014?

Something you did for the first time in 2013?

Something you did again in 2013 after a long pause?

Something you unfortunately did not do in 2013?

Word of the year?

City of the year?

Hair longer or shorter?

More or less money spent?

Highest mobile phone bill?

Hospital stays?

(Fallen) In love?

Most called person?

Whom did you spend the most beautiful time with?

What did you spend most of your time with?

Song of the year?

Book of the year?

TV show/movie of the year?

Insight of the year?

Three things you totally could have done without?

Most beautiful event?

More short-sighted or more far-sighted than 2013? 

The most dangerous thing you did?

The most expensive thing you bought?

The most delicious meal or food you ate?

The best party?

The most important thing you wanted to convince somebody of?

The most beautiful present you gave to somebody?

The most beautiful present that somebody gave you?

The most beautiful sentence someone said to you?

The most beautiful sentence you said to someone? 

How will you celebrate New Year's Eve?

What will you have for dinner?

What drinks will be in your glasses to clink?

Will you ignite any fireworks? 
- I think there are states in the US where it is not allowed to ignite private fireworks on New Year's Eve so for all of you who are not allowed (or other countries where this is not allowed): What is a special tradition you normally do on New Year's Eve every year? Will you do it this year, too?

What are you going to wear? Comfy or glamorous?

Did you have any resolutions for 2013? And how about 2014?

What are your wishes for the new year?

In one word: 2013 was...

~~~~~

Please, don't let me be the only one to participate in this blog hop! Please join me! Come and celebrate my blogoversary with me! I would be happy if you shared the link around, too!

Now I just hope that I will be able to figure out how a blog hop and inLinkz even work until then! ;-) I am also planning on creating a button for it, another challenge...

THANK YOU for a beautiful year!

Love,







PS: Some statistics to keep for me (because this will change and it will be fun to see how):

* Total page views so far: 30.562

* Number of followers that I know of: 55

* Top five of where my readers come from:
- United States
- Germany
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- Canada

* Top five posts:
- i am fine
- The dark side of being undiagnosed
- Confirmation
- Beautiful encounter
- Keepsake for kindergarten and school memories

17 comments:

  1. How awesome, Joy! Congrats on your first anniversary! I'm so taking part in your blog hop!! And don't worry about being busy, that's life, and family always comes first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Happy that you will participate!

      I know family comes first but sometimes I wish I could just do it all... ;-)

      Delete
  2. WHOOT! Happy blogaversary :D I will DEFINITELY be in your hop. Can't wait :D *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* LOVE IT :D

    Hope you have a GORGEOUS BLOGGY DAY and continue to have a wonderful time blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzy xo Happy that you like the idea and will participate!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!! How exciting this is, I love the idea and I'll be participating. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I started blogging in May of this year, so I'm hopeful I'm gonna make it a year too (this is my third time blogging - so hoping it sticks this time). You certainly gave us a lot of questions - are we picking and choosing or answering all?

    Best! - Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Luise! :-) Let me know when you have your first anniversary in case I miss it!

      This is what I just added to my post with regard to the questions:
      Edited to add: I was asked several times now if all questions should be answered or only a few. The plan is to answer all the questions (which is why I am posting them today already so you have enough time to come up with the answers until the end of December). But really: If you want to skip some just feel free to do so. There is no must, but answering all of them would be nice.

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary! If my comment comes through twice - apologies! Love the blog hop idea. Can we pick and choose questions or do you want us to answer all of them (in which case, I thank you for the advance notice!)

    Best - Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, happy blog birthday, Joy! I can truly say the day that I remember you starting this lovely fabulous blog! So awesome! Wow, one year. In some ways, it goes so quickly. In others, so very slowly. It's hard to imagine that it's been a year. I will definitely participate in your most excellent blog hop! What a great idea! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks huge, my friend! xoxo I still remember the day very vividly, too!

      You are so right, it feels like the time passed slowly but quickly. Hard to explain but I know exactly what you mean!

      Happy that you will be participating! :-)

      Delete
  7. Happy Happy blog birthday, Joy!! I love the questions you've made for your bloghop and I will definitely be participating (although I may need a reminder closer to the time because I have a memory like a sieve!) I like how you included some blog stats and your most popular posts; that's a really fun thing to do. And thank YOU for becoming my friend in the blogging community, my one and only bloggy girl in Germany. Alles Gute zum Gebertstag to your lovely blog!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lizzy, thank you so much! I am happy you will be participating and I will make sure to post some reminders from time to time because the brain sieve is just too well-known to me! ;-)

      Love that I am your only bloggy girl in Germany! Wow to the German congratulations! Very well done! xo Thank you for your beautiful comment!

      Delete
  8. Joy, first of all, let me congratulate you on your blog anniversary. I had one in August and forgot to celebrate so I'm tickled that you are. I'll live vicariously through you!

    I would love to participate in your blog hop if I can. But I have a question--are we supposed to answer all the questions or just pick a few?

    Of course I love your sunflower picture--especially since the background on my blog is full of Italian sunflowers. It's hard to tell the nationality of sunflowers. :-) BTW, I've not heard that it is illegal to let of fireworks in the U.S. I wonder if that is just limited to certain locales. I know I was in Hawaii once and they had fireworks. And I would think it was better to light them off in the winter than in the summer on the 4th of July when we usually do. It wouldn't be so dry on December 31st. But maybe you know more than I do.

    Thanks for sharing your statistics. You are doing everything right. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Sorry you forgot to celebrate in August. So yay you for your August anniversary! :-)

      As for the questions I just added this to my blog post:
      Edited to add: I was asked several times now if all questions should be answered or only a few. The plan is to answer all the questions (which is why I am posting them today already so you have enough time to come up with the answers until the end of December). But really: If you want to skip some just feel free to do so. There is no must, but answering all of them would be nice.

      Sunflowers are just so beautiful, aren't they?

      Oh really? I have read several times now that fireworks on New Year's eve are forbidden. I just did a quick Google search and found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_fireworks
      So it seems it is really depending upon which state you live in.

      Thank you so much for your lovely comment! :-)

      Delete
  9. Joy, happy happy blogaversary! I had my first not too long ago myself - go newbies! I think your hop is a lovely idea and I'll be there. Now I just have to start thinking about ALL those questions! Keep reminding us - I know I will need it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks wonderful! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)