Monday, 7 October 2013

The Week In Pictures: calendar week 40/2013

It has been a busy week. Because of our national holiday we had a prolonged weekend so Sunny and the husband were home from Thursday through Sunday.

As I skimmed through the pictures of last week in order to pick those for this post I was heavily reminded of how much autumn is already here and influencing our lives. I was not really that aware until I saw my picture collection. But it just cannot be denied: summer is more than over and we are in full autumn mode.

Have a wonderful week, friends!


There are plenty of autumn leaves already. We are slowly preparing for colder weather.

Awesome autumn sky. I love to watch this landscape and see it change every week.

Hippo therapy in the woods is always very relaxing and allows me to breathe deeply amidst all the weekly craziness

The sun came out for a bit and we headed out for some delicious ice cream

But it was still cool so I had to wear my autumn parka

We watched "Gravity". It left me breathless from the beginning until the end because it was so suspenseful! (Credits)

I saw a rainbow in the early morning last week. However, it was not multicoloured like rainbows normally are but it was red because it reflected the red colour of the rising sun. It was just awesome and I have never seen anything like this before.

I love to take pictures of the sky. This was while I was waiting at the traffic lights.

With the cooler weather approaching I finally exchanged our duvets with the feather beds for winter.

And I also gave in and bought the first gingerbread of the season.



2 comments:

  1. i somehow missed your week in pictures this week! i am truly trying to get back into the habit of reading blog posts and leaving a comment. our weather has only just begun to cool off. we did have snow on halloween the year i turned sixteen, so i guess we do get snow early sometimes! we have just finished up the kids week long "fall break" and will be getting back to our glorious routine tomorrow. i'm equally happy and sad that the break is over. but, lots of good things heading our way next week! jt celebrates his 6th birthday on wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)