Tuesday, 22 October 2013

The Week In Pictures: calendar week 42/2013

Is it really Tuesday night already?! I don't know how or why, but the weeks are rushing by quicker and quicker! The chores and the duties pile up while the days seem to lose hour upon hour, becoming shorter and shorter.

Let me show you briefly what happened last week - in retrospect it involved a lot of food ;-)


I wanted to try it for a long time and last week I finally did: my first homemade Caesar's salad with chicken breast. So yummy!!

Awesome morning sky while driving to physical therapy with Sunny

I finally found the time to go to the hairdresser again. My last visit was in May!

I had to prepare three cakes for the weekend (and by Friday night I was really fed up with baking!): one for my men at home, one for the cake sale that the school organised in order to raise some money...




... and the third one (Bavarian style) for the birthday party of my dear friend (because it was a Bavarian motto party)

I also made some homemade sugar roasted almonds for her party for the first time and they turned out deliciously

Love marveling at a beautiful afterglow



4 comments:

  1. You must be an awesome cook/baker!!!!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I think I am doing quite okay ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love sugar roasted almonds! I always realize how inept I am at cooking and baking when you make these amazing projects, Joy. And MMMM cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Kristi, those almonds are so easy to make! All it takes is a microwave oven (and almonds of course). I will post the recipe next week. You can do it, too!!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)