1) Thankful that my husband will take care of Sunny tonight while I drive home because one of my best friends celebrates her 40th birthday. It will be the very first time that I am not with Sunny in the night so my husband has to look after him. I am quite nervous and I hope all will be well.
2) When I hear the first tunes of Joe Satriani's "Flying in a blue dream" that is exactly what happens: I start to dream. I just LOVE this song and could listen to it on repeat for hours.
3) We have the most awesome autumn weather today: the sky is blue and cloudless, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the leaves are flashing all kinds of beautiful colours today - red, orange, yellow and green - and it is wonderfully warm. A day to be thankful for for sure!
4) I went to our family doctor yesterday and got my annual flu shot and the one against tick-borne encephalitis. I am thankful that I live in a country that is rich enough to have people vaccinated.
5) I am thankful that my friend invited me to her party tonight. There are a lot of kilometres between us since I moved to my husband and I am glad that we have not lost contact since then. It is nothing that is a given in my opinion. A lot of friendships die due to long distances.
6) I am thankful that I will be able to sleep at my sister's home. My parents are on holiday at the moment so she will give me a place to sleep tonight. Looking forward to seeing her and the kids and have breakfast together tomorrow morning!
7) I am so happy that Sunny's stomach bug was only a "mayfly". After he threw up once in the night he was done and he could return to school on Wednesday. I hope I am not jinxing anything by writing this... :-/
8) I am thankful for the cosiness of our home.
9) I am thankful for chocolate truffles. They are my absolutely most favourite sweets! Just recently I discovered new ones and they are sooo delicious!!
10) I am happy that I finished my list now because I am about to leave and was a bit under pressure to get it done before I leave for my friend's party. See you tomorrow night! :-)
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine