Saturday, 19 October 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 41-42/2013

Just a quick list today because I am about to sign off for today....


1) Thankful that my husband will take care of Sunny tonight while I drive home because one of my best friends celebrates her 40th birthday. It will be the very first time that I am not with Sunny in the night so my husband has to look after him. I am quite nervous and I hope all will be well.

2) When I hear the first tunes of Joe Satriani's "Flying in a blue dream" that is exactly what happens: I start to dream. I just LOVE this song and could listen to it on repeat for hours.


3) We have the most awesome autumn weather today: the sky is blue and cloudless, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the leaves are flashing all kinds of beautiful colours today - red, orange, yellow and green - and it is wonderfully warm. A day to be thankful for for sure!

4) I went to our family doctor yesterday and got my annual flu shot and the one against tick-borne encephalitis. I am thankful that I live in a country that is rich enough to have people vaccinated.

5) I am thankful that my friend invited me to her party tonight. There are a lot of kilometres between us since I moved to my husband and I am glad that we have not lost contact since then. It is nothing that is a given in my opinion. A lot of friendships die due to long distances.

6) I am thankful that I will be able to sleep at my sister's home. My parents are on holiday at the moment so she will give me a place to sleep tonight. Looking forward to seeing her and the kids and have breakfast together tomorrow morning!

7) I am so happy that Sunny's stomach bug was only a "mayfly". After he threw up once in the night he was done and he could return to school on Wednesday. I hope I am not jinxing anything by writing this... :-/

8) I am thankful for the cosiness of our home.

9) I am thankful for chocolate truffles. They are my absolutely most favourite sweets! Just recently I discovered new ones and they are sooo delicious!!

10) I am happy that I finished my list now because I am about to leave and was a bit under pressure to get it done before I leave for my friend's party. See you tomorrow night! :-)









Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

26 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time tonight and I am sure Sunny will be fine, but I know the feeling and still have trouble leaving my girls at night (and rarely do it). Also, you just brought me back to high school with Joe Satriani, because an ex back in the day loved his music and haven't thought of him since back then. Now totally wishing you a wonderful weekend and thanks for a little bit of a walk down memory lane in your post today for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine,

      Great that I could take you back to your high school years! :-)

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for chocolate truffles too! And I'm in the process of repainting my home. Hope that it will turn out just as cosy! Thanks for sharing, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are repainting your home? What colours?

      Delete
  3. Have a blast at the party... Im sure hubby is quite capable! ENjoy your night off and morning with family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, the party was awesome and we had so much fun! However, this also means that the night was way too short! :-/

      Delete
  4. I hope the party is absolutely gorgeous and you have a wonderful time. What a special event to be part of. I'm sure Sunny will be fine with your husband.

    I love how you always post a piece of music I've never heard of. You are expanding my musical horizons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy! The husband's night was actually horrible because Sunny woke up frequently last night and just when the hubs was drifting off to sleep again Sunny woke up again.

      I love that you enjoy my music so much! I always post it at the beginning of my post so that you can listen to it while you read and comment.

      Delete
  5. happy your lil one is okay! have a great time at your friend's 40th WOOT WOOT!! Great list, enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, the party was a blast!

      Delete
  6. I hope you're having an awesome time at the party and spending time with your sister and her family, too. I'm going to bet your husband and Sunny will do just fine together for one night.

    I'm playing the Joe Satriani song as I write this, and my husband wants to know if you are a fan of Toto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was so great, I enjoyed myself so much! The hubs did not have a good night. Sunny woke up frequently last night and just when the hubs was drifting off to sleep again Sunny woke up again.

      Actually, I like some songs of Toto but I am not a dedicated fan.

      Delete
    2. Aww, sorry your boys didn't sleep well.

      My husband used to work with Toto, and they were always really big in Germany. Just wondered if you were a fan.

      Delete
  7. Ohh yum chocolate truffles! Now I want some chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I could go and get some for me, too!

      Delete
  8. I hope you had lots of fun at the party. Funny, but I was at a friend's birthday party last night as well ;-) Glad that Sunny's stomach bug was only a minor thing. So many other things on your list we all should be thankful for, like access to medical care and a nice home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was great, thanks! How was yours? What a coincidence!

      Delete
  9. I am glad Sunny is feeling better, I am sure he is going to be just fine with your husband. Have lots of fun at the party and with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia, the party (which was yesterday) was awesome!

      The hubs did not have a good night. Sunny woke up frequently last night and just when the hubs was drifting off to sleep again Sunny woke up again.

      Delete
    2. oh no!! is it because he misses you? I hope it's not because he is not feeling well? I didn't have a great night either as Sophia decided it was time to get up for the day at 2 am!

      Delete
  10. Nothing like a 40th birthday party with friends! I'm guessing you are laughing right this very minute.
    Have a safe trip home. It will be good for your husband and Sunny to have a night to themselves, I'm thinkin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, the party (which was yesterday) was just perfect and we had so much fun!

      The night was not too good for my husband, we are both really tired today.

      Delete
  11. I just ate some chocolate truffles last night--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather here has been so rainy, but the leaves look awesome!

    Glad you were able to get out and party it up and found someplace to stay overnight/visit. I'd imagine your husband and Sunny were fine through the evening. Good to hear Sunny's bug was just a temporary stomach flu, and was able to return to school. Lots of people have been getting colds/allergies with changing temps. Then again, I guess he was throwing up. Never a good thing.

    Have a great week!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)