Saturday, 5 October 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 39-40/2013

This past week has been busy, again. But busy in the good way. Let me tell you a little about it.


1) I had two job interviews and while I have not heard anything back from either of them yet (they said they would let me know until next Monday at the latest) I think they both went fairly well. I would love to have one of the jobs I applied for (and I decided that the other one is not what I want to do).

2) This week's song that I want to introduce to you is Just To Let You Know by Cultured Pearls. Their album contains a lot of beautiful songs and this one is the opener. I love it because it is so powerful.


3) On October 3 we celebrated our most important national holiday: German Unification Day. I am grateful and proud to live in a country that managed to accomplish this monumental task, the unification of a divided nation, with a peaceful but powerful and lasting protest and determined citizens who showed their will to those who had the power and suppressed their own citizens. It is something that needs to be celebrated for sure.


4) I am so proud how well Sunny took his flu shot on Friday. He was such a big, brave boy and did not even whine. He just moved on like nothing even happened. Wow!

5) I am thankful that I remembered the escalator in one of our nearby supermarkets (the one we do not go to very often). Sunny has become a huge fan of escalators and yesterday when I went to speech therapy with him and forgot that our appointment had been cancelled last week we went to the supermarket instead and had a blast with going up and down the elevator a gazillion times. Sunny could not have been more happy. Such cheap yet priceless fun!

6) I am so thankful for yoga pants!! Seriously, I only buy comfortable jeans that are partly made of stretch material but no matter how comfy they are when I am out and about - as soon as I enter our home they feel uncomfortable. I feel like wearing weights on my legs. Suddenly they are too tight, too inflexible, too everything. I have to get rid of them ASAP! Slipping into a pair of yoga pants is always pure relief. Aaaaah!

7) I am thankful for our dish washer. When we have a prolonged weekend (national holiday on Thursday, the day off on Friday and then the regular weekend) and everyone is home it is working overtime. Now someone needs to invent something or someone that loads and unloads the dish washer for me... ;-)

8) I am forever grateful for Sunny's paediatrician. She is the best doctor we could ever have. She normally does not accept any new patients but when we went to her practice the day after we were discharged from the hospital when Sunny was born and asked whether she would be willing to see us she did. I think she saw the despair in both my husband and me as we were embarking on a journey we had never spent a single thought on. I cannot thank her enough for that and for the fact that she is the kindest and most caring paediatrician we ever met.

9) I am thankful that we had some beautiful autumn days now with lovely temperatures and sun. We even went for some ice cream and just enjoyed the weather. Well, today it is raining and the sky is grey...

10) I am thankful that I finally got to finish my list. I was planning to do and post it last night but then Sunny woke up around 22:30 and cried and did not find back to sleep on his own so I had to stop what I was doing and console him.










Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

22 comments:

  1. Yoga pants are a beautiful thing. And by beautiful, I mean necessary. I'm wearing mine right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you have beautiful autumn days and a long weekend. That must make a difference to your week. Sounds like you had a gorgeous time playing on the elevators with Sunny - what fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely was fun, indeed!

      The weather is horrible now, I guess winter is slowly approaching... ugh.

      Delete
  3. Seriously, I live in yoga pants, too and just love them. Not sure how I ever survived before finding them and am so with you on this one. By the way, my girls also got their flu shots two weekends ago and I was thankful for minimal tears out of them, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that your girls did so well with their flu shots, too!

      Delete
  4. I am thankful for a reunified Germany too. I hope the Koreas follow suit. I wish we could experience autumn here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on Korea, but I guess chances are rather low this will happen anytime soon. :-(

      Delete
  5. There were indeed a few very nice days last week, would have loved to eat some ice cream, but I was still home sick :-(

    The escalator trip sounds so much fun. I remember doing that with Lily once, until people started staring so much that I felt uncomfortable.. Party Poopers!

    Honestly, I almost took the girls to kindergarten on Thursday.. Violet woke up, wanted breakfast. I made her some, then got her in the bathroom, made breakfast for Lily, etc. The girls kept saying that it wasn't a kindergarten day, but I thought they were just obsessing again. It finally sunk in when Lily was brushing her teeth and I was doing Violet's hair: wait a moment, today IS off... and off to bed I went again ;-)

    Hope you have a great weekend, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your health. Is it slowly improving?

      We had the escalator to ourselves most of the time so that was perfect!

      Oh, really, you almost missed the national holiday on Thursday?! Sorry, but that made me grin!

      Delete
  6. well good luck with the interviews.escalators not so much I have a history of falling down them or doing stupid things on them .elevators now that's a fun deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Falling down an escalator is not fun at all. I am always very alert when we go on one because I am afraid something might happen.

      Delete
  7. I remember when the wall came down being overwhelmed by what a momentous, historic occasion it was. Happy German Unification Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids have to be drug away from escalators. Even the teenagers like to go up and down them! A great, cheap form of entertainment, I say!
    Yay for a good doctor. It's so important to have a knowledgeable doctor with whom you are comfortable. You are with her for a long time!
    I put my PJs on the moment I get home for the last time each day. If that means I'm in my PJs at 4:00 in the afternoon, so be it.
    Hope the lovely weather sticks around for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always change into my yoga pants as soon as I come home and then I change again when I have to leave the house again! If only for 30 minutes! :-)

      Delete
  9. Good luck on the Job Interview (results)... kinda good to have 2 and a preferred one, takes the pressure off (somehow). hope they are considerate enough to follow up when they promised, it can be stressful waiting.
    Escalators! I can see how they can be fun... (I remember my last business trip walking really fast on one of those 'people movers' (which are really just horizontal escalators, right?)
    lol
    good to have a holiday that everyone can concur on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you re: the job thing.

      People movers are cool, too!

      Delete
  10. I love yoga pants! They feel like pajamas, yet can be worn out to run errands. Oh, and you can actually exercise in them.... Oh, and wouldn't we be rich if we could invent something that put the dishes away after the dishwasher was through? No one in my house can ever put remember where the dishes go in the cabinet, so if I can even get them to empty the dishwasher, they leave a lot of them on the counter, which is interesting, because they managed to FIND the dish in the cabinet when they wanted to use it in the first place. Hmmm. Hope you get good news about the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes, I know that phenomenon of not putting away the dishes because their storage place is unknow but finding them is never a problem! :-)

      Delete
  11. Yoga pants are the absolute best! I am wearing some now :) And so jealous of your dishwasher. I have a stack of dishes that need to be done by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yoga pants rock except for their one flaw. That is that most do not have pockets to hold my iPhone. Yes, I'm that attached. Sigh. Lovely list. Sunny is a brave and awesome kid! Flu shot, escalator (Tucker loves them too) and a great pediatrician. Excellent list, my friend. Very excellent.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)