1) I had two job interviews and while I have not heard anything back from either of them yet (they said they would let me know until next Monday at the latest) I think they both went fairly well. I would love to have one of the jobs I applied for (and I decided that the other one is not what I want to do).
2) This week's song that I want to introduce to you is Just To Let You Know by Cultured Pearls. Their album contains a lot of beautiful songs and this one is the opener. I love it because it is so powerful.
3) On October 3 we celebrated our most important national holiday: German Unification Day. I am grateful and proud to live in a country that managed to accomplish this monumental task, the unification of a divided nation, with a peaceful but powerful and lasting protest and determined citizens who showed their will to those who had the power and suppressed their own citizens. It is something that needs to be celebrated for sure.
4) I am so proud how well Sunny took his flu shot on Friday. He was such a big, brave boy and did not even whine. He just moved on like nothing even happened. Wow!
5) I am thankful that I remembered the escalator in one of our nearby supermarkets (the one we do not go to very often). Sunny has become a huge fan of escalators and yesterday when I went to speech therapy with him and forgot that our appointment had been cancelled last week we went to the supermarket instead and had a blast with going up and down the elevator a gazillion times. Sunny could not have been more happy. Such cheap yet priceless fun!
6) I am so thankful for yoga pants!! Seriously, I only buy comfortable jeans that are partly made of stretch material but no matter how comfy they are when I am out and about - as soon as I enter our home they feel uncomfortable. I feel like wearing weights on my legs. Suddenly they are too tight, too inflexible, too everything. I have to get rid of them ASAP! Slipping into a pair of yoga pants is always pure relief. Aaaaah!
7) I am thankful for our dish washer. When we have a prolonged weekend (national holiday on Thursday, the day off on Friday and then the regular weekend) and everyone is home it is working overtime. Now someone needs to invent something or someone that loads and unloads the dish washer for me... ;-)
8) I am forever grateful for Sunny's paediatrician. She is the best doctor we could ever have. She normally does not accept any new patients but when we went to her practice the day after we were discharged from the hospital when Sunny was born and asked whether she would be willing to see us she did. I think she saw the despair in both my husband and me as we were embarking on a journey we had never spent a single thought on. I cannot thank her enough for that and for the fact that she is the kindest and most caring paediatrician we ever met.
9) I am thankful that we had some beautiful autumn days now with lovely temperatures and sun. We even went for some ice cream and just enjoyed the weather. Well, today it is raining and the sky is grey...
10) I am thankful that I finally got to finish my list. I was planning to do and post it last night but then Sunny woke up around 22:30 and cried and did not find back to sleep on his own so I had to stop what I was doing and console him.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine