Friday, 4 October 2013

Five Minute Friday: Write


It is Friday which means it is time to link up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again. This means: write for five minutes flat, no editing, just let it pour out of your fingers. I have been missing out for months now but today I want to squeeze those five minutes in. This week's caption is


Write...

GO

Writing. I never considered myself to be a writer. But I have always written. I started to write a journal when I was in fifth grade and I did it regularly until I finished school. Then, due to a lack of time, I wrote less. But still, I wrote occasionally, mostly when I was feeling down and needed to get things off my chest.

I took it up again more frequently when I got married and then again when I was pregnant. Because I thought these were special occasions that I never wanted to forget about. After the birth of my son I had times when I journaled often and then there were times when I did not write at all. There were things that were too painful when written down black on white. Words suddenly became truths and as long as they were not written they were not true.

Now, I am writing a blog. I feel good in this space, here, where I write. I find peace in knowing there are others out there sharing my experiences, lifting me up when I am down or cheering for us when something went well.

Writing is good. It helps me in so many ways. Maybe I am writer without even knowing it.

STOP




2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you! "Words suddenly became truths and as long as they were not written they were not true." This is a statement that identifies why I haven't been writing recently. I continually battle with my feelings of "not being a writer". It's good to now that just because we write, we are writers. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writers come in so many shapes... Who would say Julius Cesar wasn't a writer just because we did not enjoy reading De Bello Gallico back in Latin class? How could you compare Aesop's fables with a piece like Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings"? You are definitely a writer!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)