Tuesday, 17 September 2013

The Week In Pictures: calendar week 37/2013

There are still many posts that I need to write from the last weeks but today I will start with my Week In Pictures post of last week. I haven't taken many pics because I was so busy but here are a few that I want to share with you.


The husband and I watched "White House Down" which I really enjoyed. It was suspense-packed, funny and with some unexpecded turns. It was worth watching!
 Photo credits

The three of us went to the zoo. There is also a beautiful park on the compound. The weather could have been better since it rained a lot so we made sure to spend a good amout of our time inside the buildings.

The baby sea lions were sooo cute!!

It was an exciting week since Sunny had his school enrolment....

... and I made his favourite cream cake and decorated it compatibly to his satchel and his Schultüte. I will write more about his school enrolment in a separate post.

The "Schultüte" (or in English The School Cone [even though the word "Tüte" translates more as bag]; alternative spelling: Schultuete, often also called Zuckertüte especially in East Germany) is a paper (and later plastic) bag in particular. When children in Germany set off for their first day in school upon entering first grade, their parents and/or grandparents present them with a big cardboard cone, prettily decorated and filled with toys, chocolate, candies, school supplies, and various other goodies. It is given to children to make this anxiously awaited first day of school a little bit sweeter."



4 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you lat week! How does Sunny like school? I hope he has tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I love that you thought about us! :-)

      He seems to be quite content when he comes home, so I think he likes it. Will wait and see a bit more. I guess both of us just have to get accustomed to it al now. ;-)

      Thank you so much for your good wishes!

      Delete
  2. I've read about the Schultuete and I think it's such a great idea! What a fun thing to look forward to on a day that lots of kids might be a little nervous. And your cake is awesome! I hope Sunny is loving school - and that you are getting some time to yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy!!! I have been following your blog for a little while now. I love it! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. When you have time, come and check it out!
    http://thewainsateam.blogspot.ca/2013/09/ive-just-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)