Saturday, 7 September 2013

The greatest gift

We always wish for a lot of things. There are so many things we would like to do or change. This also applies to me. I wish for a world without sickness, without war, without brutality and hatred, without all the bad things that happen in our lives.

But if I had a magic wand, the first thing I would do is give Sunny the ability to talk. I love my son unconditional and I would never want to change him, but I would give him the ability to talk in an instant. Because he has so much to say and he always tries so hard to let me know what is on his mind, what excites him, what he loves, what he wants to show me. And although I understand him very often there are times when I just don't get it. And that makes me so sad for him. How I wish I could give this to him. I would not hesitate, never. Not for a split second. Because he deserves to be heard.








This has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post using the sentence "If I had a magic want, the first thing I would do is..."

It was brought to you by Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real, Dawn of Dawn's Disaster, and Kristi of Finding Ninee. Thank you so much for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!
This has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post using the sentence “If I could have dinner with anyone in history, it would be…” - See more at: http://www.findingninee.com/to-my-old-man-son/#sthash.fo4fLNQV.dpufThis has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post using the sentence "The best 4th of July I ever had was...". It was brought to you by Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real, Dawn of Dawn's Disaster and Kristi of Finding Ninee. Thank you so much for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Love your response, Joy! Lily was a little delayed in her speech, and it pained all of us watching her as she was trying but was unable to tell us everything that goes on in her little had. If I had a magic wand, I'd definitely hand it over to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, it would be a dream come true!

      Delete
  2. Yes. Sunny deserves to be heard. But most of the time, because he has such an amazing mommy, he IS heard, right now. But still. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi, I try my very best but he needs to be heard more often and in a clearer way for anyone. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Joy I know that some day you will get your want. Because not only does Sunny deserve to be heard, he wants it more than anything. Your drive will see this wish come true. How cool will that be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerri for your lovely comment. I hear you and I pray that you are right! I haven't given up hope yet but some days it is just so hard.

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)