Saturday, 28 September 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 38-39/2013

Another not-so-normal week is finally coming to a close. I am still not feeling too hot, but at least Sunny is more or less okay again.


1) I am thankful for the kind people I meet through blogging.

2) I am thankful for nasal spray and Ibuprofen because otherwise this week would have been REALLY tough for me!

3) I love the vibe of Hard-Fi's "Cash Machine". However, the message is quite sociocritical. I guess they are not that famous so maybe you enjoy listening to a new band you did not know yet.


4) I am thankful that we could go to hippo therapy on Thursday. Due to the weather we nearly had to cancel it but it did not rain so we could go. And Sunny had so much fun yesterday, he laughed and squealed with delight all the time!

5) I am thankful that I will have two job interviews next week! I am curious and looking forward to that, but I am also a bit nervous.

6) I am so glad that we found the perfect SLP after several attempts. She is loving, kind, eager to learn, and understands Sunny and me so very much. It is good to have her in our lives.

7) I am happy that Sunny's SLP was over the moon yesterday when I showed her the communication journal I made for Sunny. She had never heard of it before and noted down everything about it. She said that it was a brilliant idea she could also use for other kids she treats. I love how open-minded she is and how she lets me teach her although she is the professional.

I was also very flattered when she told me how impressed she was that I always bend over backwards and turn the world upside down for my son. How I do so much for him and then some more. It felt good to hear that because very often I doubt myself and think that I could and should do so much more and then I have a bad conscience. So it was nice to hear that she thinks it is impressive what I do.

8) I am thankful for "Radler". It is a mixture of 50 % beer and 50 % lemonade and I love it. Right now I am enjoying one with grapefruit lemonade. Hmmm!

9) I am thankful that Sunny is feeling so much better. Now I would like to be thankful for feeling better, too! ;-)

10) I am thankful for my new pillow. My old one was really, really old and tonight I will sleep with my new one for the first time. Yay!

10+1) I am thankful that I just managed to write at least one of the blog posts I have been wanting to write for weeks now: our beautiful encounter in Cologne cathedral some weeks ago. Although it is late and I am tired, so I am signing off to bed now.






Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

21 comments:

  1. Joy, these are lovely Things - especially about you and Sunny beginning to feel better. Glad you have a new pillow to snuggle into to rest.

    SUPER good news about Sunny's new SLP. She sounds fantastic.

    Good luck on the interviews - hope you have a healing weekend and enough time to prepare for them properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy! :-) My pillow is just da bomb really!

      The SLP is not really new but I was just reminded this week how great she is.

      My nose is still stuffed, I hope it will be better until Monday for my first interview... Thanks for the well-wishes!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful list of thankfuls, Joy - especially the great relationship you all seem to have with Sunny's SLP :)
    I love the idea of the 'Radler', though grapefruit lemonade is definitely a new one on me :)

    New pillows are just so amazing, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, you do not know grapefruit lemonade? I was not aware that was something special.

      Yes to the new pillows!!

      Delete
  3. not fond of beer but grapefruit lemonade sounds awesome all on its own! Hey best to you on the interviews... remain intrigued and the anxiety will stay at bay :) . Congrats on finding an open minded professional to work with Sunny and yourself... that makes all the difference in the world. Hope you continue to improve in health this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like beer either but mixed with the lemonade I really like it. Maybe you should just give it a try.

      Thanks, I am feeling a bit better today but I am not fully well yet.

      Delete
  4. OK, I love the whole list and especially that you are thankful for a new pillow...I am right there with you on that...

    And one other thing...I am quite intrigued by the Radler...I'm going to have to look into that. So thanks for the tip! :)

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try the Radler (which means "biker" on a bicycle, by the way!) please let me know how you liked it!

      Delete
  5. Joy, good luck for the interviews! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle, we will see how it goes! I will try my best!

      Delete
  6. Something about new pillows is truly the best- new sheets too! And hippo therapy sounds so cool. Happy weekend- good luck on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny LOVES hippo therapy! I am not so sure about the therapeutic effects it has on him but it is so important to me that he enjoys it so much.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you were feeling grotty at points during the week...
    Radler sounds like an interesting concept... and like above I've never heard of grapefruit lemonade...

    New pillows are the best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How strange that the grapefruit lemonade is so unknown to all of you! I actually prefer it from lemonade made of lemons. It is less sweet and much better, in my opinion. You can buy Radler readily mixed here.

      Delete
  8. very nice list... pictures? (of Cologne cathedral) look forward to any that may accompany.
    new pillow? sounds very fun... good to hear that Sunny has found a SLP that you feel that strongly about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clark,

      You can find pictures when you follow the link in 10+1 and then there is another link (with plenty of pictures) in the post (in the first line where it says "our trip to Cologne". Or you can go to the post directly: http://icansaymama.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-week-in-pictures-calendar-week.html

      Yes, we are so happy about our SLP!

      Delete
  9. Yay for getting kudos from a professional! Radler is indeed awesome, wish I could enjoy some of it as well right now. Maybe this Indian summer will keep up a little and we get to go to another beer garden.

    So relieved that Sunny is feeling better again! And congrats on the interviews, I'm sure you'll ace them!

    Sleep well on your new pillow tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, a new pillow? I have used the same one for years and years. I'm afraid to get a new one. Mine is oh so perfect.

    Sounds like you have a wonderful person working with you and Sunny. The two of you working so well together only means great things for Sunny.

    I'm glad he is feeling better and hope you will be back to normal soon.

    Good luck at the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hippo therapy--that's riding horses, right? There is a therapeutic riding facility not far from my house; my girls used to volunteer there. I was always impressed with how much good could come from riding.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I carry a bottle of ibuprofen with me in my purse, I use it so often (mostly for sinus headaches - yuck). Glad you're starting to feel better. Good luck with the interviews - two? That's terrific! I hate my pillows and can never find a really comfortable one. I even lie down in the store when I'm buying them and try them out, and they STILL aren't comfortable. I hope you get wonderful sleep with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thankful that Sunny is feeling so much better as well. And that you love the beer lemonade mixture...I had it many years ago and never knew what it was called, but know that it was good. I'm the most glad to hear about Sunny's SLP. So. So So glad. Hugs and love to you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)