We had a lot of things to do this week: appointments, dates with friends, ... we were busy every day and that made the week go by even quicker.
1) It was Sunny's birthday this week. Yes, my little boy turned six. I will forever be thankful for the day he came into my life and for the person he has become since then and will become in the future. He fills my heart like no one else and I love him so very much.
We had a very good time on his birthday and invited a friend and her daughter. The weather was beautiful, so we had cake in our garden and the kids played with Sunny's gazillion balls on the trampoline. All in all it was a beautifully, laid back day.
2) This afternoon after I wrote my post about our appointment with the dentist I really thought hard about whether there was anything about it to be thankful for. I must say that it is difficult for me to find anything positive about it. Maybe really that Sunny lets me clean his teeth quite thoroughly. But that's about it, sorry guys. :-/
3) I am thankful that the sun and the summer came back this week. To be honest, I already crossed summer off and prepared myself for fall, so this was a nice surprise.
4) I am very much looking forward to tomorrow because we will seize the nice weather and have a barbecue (I hear you, Clark - yes, I love barbecues! ;-) ), maybe the last one this summer.
5) This was the last full holiday week. We had a really good time this summer and did a lot of wonderful things. School officially starts for most kids on Monday but our official school enrolment will be next Thursday so we have three more days off before school starts for Sunny. I am still nervous, I admit it. And I still have so much to do until then....
6) I am thankful that our trip to Cologne was so cool and at the same time relaxing and exciting and that our AAC appointment was worth the trip. Now I have to implement the ideas into our daily routine which will be no easy task.
7) I LOVE Jennifer Lopez' song Again. I just recently somehow stumbled upon the song on one of my old samplers and fell in love with it immediately. It is just beautiful, romantic, and relaxing and makes me dance and sing along.
8) I invited a long-time friend for dinner in two weeks and I am already so much looking forward to that. We do not meet very often so it is always so good to see her and catch up. Yay!
9) Since I am quite tired I am actually really thankful for the comfy bed that awaits me upstairs.
10) My brain feels empty because I am tired (please refer to 9) so I am really thankful that I came up with 10 things tonight ;-) Enjoy your weekend!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine