Saturday, 31 August 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 34-35/2013

We are all set to leave for Cologne early this morning and I am actually quite tired, so let's see if my brain is still able to come up with ten things tonight I am thankful for.


1) I am glad that I managed to downsize our luggage as good as possible. Since I will be travelling alone with Sunny it will still be a challenge to take all our bags to our hotel room. I hope someone will help me with it.

2) I am thankful that I will meet a woman and a family that I have both only known online so far in Cologne. I hope I will live up to their expectations and vice versa and I hope we will have a nice time together. Let's see whether I will still be thankful for these blind dates next weekend ;-)

3) I am thankful for Bryan Adams' "Rebel". My very first boyfriend introduced me to Bryan Adams (well, not personally but rather to his music) and this is one of my favourite songs from his old albums, although there are many more songs that I really like.


4) I am thankful that the summer holidays went really smoothly so far. It is just perfect to have some time at home and then leave again for some time. It is good to have some time alone and get things done while Sunny is taken care of by our respite care worker and then he is with me again and we do whatever he likes. We had some therapy sessions and some time off. So far it has been the perfect mixture of everything and the time went by really quickly without me feeling absolutely stressed.

5) I am excited to go to Cologne. I was there some years ago for half a day but rarely remember anything from the trip. I hope that we will be able to do some sightseeing tomorrow. Let's hope the weather will be on our side. We live in a rather rural area so it is always exciting to visit a big city.

6) I am looking forward to staying at a nice hotel for two nights. I haven't been to a hotel for a long time so I hope it will be cool and that we get a nice, quiet room.

7) I am thankful that I finally am able to accept that Sunny has to go to school in two weeks. It took me so long to make peace with this and now it's okay. Somehow. I am still a bit nervous and hope everything will be fine but I am not as unhappy as I used to be about the mere fact of school for Sunny this September.

8) I am thankful that it was possible to get an appointment in Cologne in order to hopefully get some help with the talker. The guy we have the appointment with is quite busy and fully booked so I am glad that he takes some time only for us. I hope it is worth the long drive!

9) I am thankful that my friend visited me this week and that we had such a nice and cosy evening together.

10) I am thankful for your understanding that I could not get back to anyone yet since I returned from Austria. It is just not easy as long as Sunny is still on holiday. I really hope that I will find the time soon to make my rounds again on the blogosphere, answer comments and all that. Thank you for still visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments nevertheless. See you all soon! xoxo









Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

14 comments:

  1. I hope that you're feeling better and are able to really enjoy your time away in Cologne. It sounds like you have an itinerary of wonderful things to do.

    Also, I *love* how much music you bring to this hop :)

    (I'm gonna link you in, as I don't want anyone to miss this, and not sure if you'll be able to do it from Cologne - forgive my assumption if I'm wrong)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in Cologne and just sounds like it will be a wonderful trip from all you shared here. Always love reading your 10 things of thankful and thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number Four*

    It's great that your trip has gone well.
    I can relate to Item #1 in an odd way. I usually travel for business only once a year and I try to hone my 'traveling skills'... only thing I have never managed to walk with luggage-on-wheels in tow. I always ends up having it get too close behind me and clipping my heels!
    Your second Item makes me think of a story/Post That Considerer ( www.summat2thinkon.blogspot.com ) wrote about meeting someone she (the narrator in the story) had known only on line. Would be an interesting compare.

    Well...on with my 10 Grate List... lets see if the trick with the links works with your blog too.




    * I really hope my little playing with the 10 things format doesn't turn out annoying...instead of 'oh, how clever'**
    ** please! emphasis on 'oh' not on 'clever' lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous of all the travel but would never begrudge it to you....so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to wishing that your trip to cologne and meeting your new friend will be a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything goes well in Cologne. But be safe! I look forward to hearing how it all goes, especially your appointment with the talker.

    p.s. I like Bryan Adams, too. I saw him in concert in Nashville in the late 80s. Probably before you were born....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a perfect vacation in a great hotel, and that the appointment goes well. Lily's starting Vorschule this year, and doesn't stop talking about going to school next year, and Violet is picking up on it. Time, please stop, or even rewind a little!

    Take your time with Sunny and catching up on your work, and get back to me when you have the time ;-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the Ten Things hop. So nice that you are getting to travel. And I understand the challenges that can arise during the summer holidays with your special needs child--when things are less routine and then also travelling. I hope you are able to rest and enjoy your trip and that your meetings go well...both with the talker and meeting your online friend in person! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, our first dance at our wedding was a Bryan Adams song. Good memories with that one.
    Enjoy your time in the hotel, and hope the trip turns out to be fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having watched my daughter downsize her luggage for a trip to the USA, you have my sympathies in your attempt :)
    I do hope your trip is everything you hope for - and that your Sonny enjoys his time at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you on downsizing the luggage! I have to start packing for our trip back to the states next week, and it takes everything in me NOT to pack everything I own! :)

    Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    -Brigid
    The Pink Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bryan Adams. Love. I hope you have an amazing time on your trip - how wonderful that you'll have an appointment to help you with the Talker. I can't wait to see photos! Also, I'm so very glad for you that you're feeling better about Sunny going to school in a couple of weeks. Tucker starts his second year of preschool on Tuesday. Gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your visit to Cologne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list, Joy. I too am having end of summer craziness! Enjoy COlonge

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)