1) Thankful for the awesome time I had while I was away. I saw so many new things, enjoyed myself so much, had a lot of time to charge my batteries again and was spoiled by many people, including my Austrian friend (who always bends over backwards when I visit her) and my parents.
2) I am happy that I am still in touch with most of my best friends from school, one of them even from elementary school. I meet most of them on 1:1 dates throughout the year but once a year the three of us try to have a group date and spend one whole day together with our kids and I have to say that I am so happy that it happened this year again. I am the one to organise the date every year and while they say that I am a pain in the butt when it comes to following up e-mails, checking dates and getting on their nerves when they do not get back to me they say they are glad I do because otherwise our dates just would not happen.
3) I am thankful that I finally got to visit Salzburg, something I longed for since I was a child. Salzburg is such a beautiful city with so much to see and places to go, a lot of awesome street musicians, an vibrant yet relaxed vibe, kind and polite people, lots of awesome old buildings and picturesque streets, Mozart's birthplace, original Mozartkugeln (chocolate-covered rum truffles with marzipan - omg, they are soooo good!! Hmmmmm!!), beautiful pavement cafés, cooling fountains, tasty food and drinks served in elegant dishes, ... I could go on and on. Salzburg is surely worth visiting and I hope I will see more of it when I visit my friend next time.
4) I am thankful that my parents are both still healthy and I hope it will stay this way for a loooooooong time!!!
5) I am thankful for my blogging friends who took care of this space so good and who graced this blog with their beautiful words although they only had a few days to write theirs guest posts because I am a sleepy head and came up with the idea to ask them only a few days before I left. THANKS HUGE!!! xoxoxo
6) I am thankful for my new camera and my iPhone because both helped me make amazing and beautiful pictures and funny videos on my trip!
7) I am glad that I hired a professional for respite care because this woman helps me to breathe while the summer holidays last and not get too exhausted because I get some breaks in between.
8) I am thankful for Hall and Oates' "Wait For Me". I have been a huge fan of them since I was a teenager. They were not as famous here as they were in the US so almost non of my friends listened to their songs (they were more into Madonna, Michael Jackson, Genesis, ...) but after I saw a live concert of them by accident on TV I was immediately smitten and have been in love with their music ever since. I love Daryl Hall's unique voice. I have almost all their albums (also the newer ones and the solo albums of Daryl Hall) and had a hard time choosing one of their songs now. However, Wait For Me is one of my favourites of them.
9) I am thankful for the delicious Cosmopolitan that I am enjoying right now.
10) I am thankful to be back in the blogosphere. As much as I know that I spend a bit too much time with it it feels good to be back.
10+1) I am glad that my friend will be back from her holidays this weekend. We haven't seen each other for more than three weeks now and had only little contact while she and I were away. I must say that I really missed her. I invited her for a girls night on Monday and I am really looking forward to it.
10+2) I am so much looking forward to our trip to Cologne next weekend. We will hopefully be getting some support with the talker there and I also have a date with a family I only know online so far. I also booked a nice hotel for Sunny and me, so this is hopefully going to be a cool trip.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, I Want Backsies, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine