Saturday, 24 August 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 31-34/2013

This week's TToT will contain more than just the things I am thankful for this week because I was away for two weeks and could not join the fun so I have to add the stuff I could not post to this week's list.


1) Thankful for the awesome time I had while I was away. I saw so many new things, enjoyed myself so much, had a lot of time to charge my batteries again and was spoiled by many people, including my Austrian friend (who always bends over backwards when I visit her) and my parents.

2) I am happy that I am still in touch with most of my best friends from school, one of them even from elementary school. I meet most of them on 1:1 dates throughout the year but once a year the three of us try to have a group date and spend one whole day together with our kids and I have to say that I am so happy that it happened this year again. I am the one to organise the date every year and while they say that I am a pain in the butt when it comes to following up e-mails, checking dates and getting on their nerves when they do not get back to me they say they are glad I do because otherwise our dates just would not happen.

3) I am thankful that I finally got to visit Salzburg, something I longed for since I was a child. Salzburg is such a beautiful city with so much to see and places to go, a lot of awesome street musicians, an vibrant yet relaxed vibe, kind and polite people, lots of awesome old buildings and picturesque streets, Mozart's birthplace, original Mozartkugeln (chocolate-covered rum truffles with marzipan - omg, they are soooo good!! Hmmmmm!!), beautiful pavement caf├ęs, cooling fountains, tasty food and drinks served in elegant dishes, ... I could go on and on. Salzburg is surely worth visiting and I hope I will see more of it when I visit my friend next time.

4) I am thankful that my parents are both still healthy and I hope it will stay this way for a loooooooong time!!!

5) I am thankful for my blogging friends who took care of this space so good and who graced this blog with their beautiful words although they only had a few days to write theirs guest posts because I am a sleepy head and came up with the idea to ask them only a few days before I left. THANKS HUGE!!! xoxoxo

6) I am thankful for my new camera and my iPhone because both helped me make amazing and beautiful pictures and funny videos on my trip!

7) I am glad that I hired a professional for respite care because this woman helps me to breathe while the summer holidays last and not get too exhausted because I get some breaks in between.

8) I am thankful for Hall and Oates' "Wait For Me". I have been a huge fan of them since I was a teenager. They were not as famous here as they were in the US so almost non of my friends listened to their songs (they were more into Madonna, Michael Jackson, Genesis, ...) but after I saw a live concert of them by accident on TV I was immediately smitten and have been in love with their music ever since. I love Daryl Hall's unique voice. I have almost all their albums (also the newer ones and the solo albums of Daryl Hall) and had a hard time choosing one of their songs now. However, Wait For Me is one of my favourites of them.


9) I am thankful for the delicious Cosmopolitan that I am enjoying right now.

10) I am thankful to be back in the blogosphere. As much as I know that I spend a bit too much time with it it feels good to be back.

10+1) I am glad that my friend will be back from her holidays this weekend. We haven't seen each other for more than three weeks now and had only little contact while she and I were away. I must say that I really missed her. I invited her for a girls night on Monday and I am really looking forward to it.

10+2) I am so much looking forward to our trip to Cologne next weekend. We will hopefully be getting some support with the talker there and I also have a date with a family I only know online so far. I also booked a nice hotel for Sunny and me, so this is hopefully going to be a cool trip.









Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful list, my friend! I am so glad you had a wonderful vacation. And woo hoo for respite care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list as always, so glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back! Can you tell me more about respite care? A lot of people have been telling me that we qualify for it here but I feel guilty taking advantage of it....and just um. I don't know (??)
    I love your thankful list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you're back, Joy, and that you had such a great time! I needed a Cosmo now, and it's only noon ;-) I'll go now and check out your vacation post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so happy to have you bak Joy and looks like so very much to be thankful for indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope that you'll enjoy your trip to cologne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!

    I, too, am so grateful for my parents' good health. My mom has had two life-threatening illnesses, but has lived through in marvelous fashion to be with us still.

    It sounds like a fantastic trip. Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous. :)

    Good for you, taking charge of your friends. Someone has to, or the thing never gets done, even if it's something everyone wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome list, it is nice to have you back! Salburg sounds like a fairtale vacation spot! I once lived in Germany for a little over two years and it often felt like I had entered another time period, I loved it and all the amazing culture I soaked up!

    You are indeed blessed to have friends that you have remained connected to, kudos to you for ensuring that you schedule get-togethers to keep those bonds strong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAHEEEEEYYY! I loved the guest posts you lined up, but glad to have YOU back :) It sounds like your trip away was amazing. There's a special extra-level of relaxing which happens when you go away for a fortnight.

    Salzberg sounds amazing! Birthplace of Mozart must've been an inspiring place to be :)

    Hope your trip next weekend is wonderful, you jet-setter, you :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. All right, every time you talk about your trip to Austria, I see Julie Andrews standing on top of a mountain singing, "the hills are alive...." Very jealous that you got to visit there, including going to Salzburg.

    Have fun at your girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back from Vacation... it seems to be the time of year! Very good list to get back in the weekend mode.

    The people that I call friends here in the blogosphere are pretty remarkable, so I totally identify with Number(s) 5 & 10


    ...tomorrow morning will be another Video Brunch, you totally need to join us! (At present: Lizzi and Michelle and Denise...we're working on Christine, hopefully Melanie will join us this weekend again.) Time" 9:15 Eastern Daylight Time which put Lizzi at about early afternoon and it sounds like you might be mid-afternoon. We use google hangout... (and Facebook in case someone gets disconnected)... it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I love the recharging that occurs with a break from the routine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOOT to respite care! I keep hearing about it here but I haven't looked into it at all. I nEEd to. I'm so glad you're back and that you had a superwonderful vacation. I can't wait to ehar more about it!!! Also jealous of the cosmo. But I do have a glass of neglected wine...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had such a great holiday :)
    And thanks for the vid of Hall & Oates - I liked this, but my favourite from them has always been So Close :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankful that you had a nice trip...sounds like you've done just fine on the "re-entry" -- that is a part I always struggle with when I return home.

    I am so glad for my parent's health as well; my dad had a scare a couple years ago but seems to have walked away from it fairly healthy.

    Thanks for sharing...and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its so rare to have friends from childhood. Especially elementary school friends...that's great! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back! I'm glad you had such a fun trip :-) I think the street performers would be great to see.

    I believe Hall & Oates may be before my time, because I know I wasn't crazy about them haha (or knew of them!) Not too bad of a song, though. Good voice for sure.

    I also still have friends from around 3rd grade. I know how it can be a pain to try to coordinate gatherings with conflicting schedules, but I'm glad they appreciate you keeping up on it and making it happen. I'm sure the time spent together is a blast.

    Wish you and yours good health!

    Have fun in Cologne!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)