And now: Let's get ready to rumble! :-)
1) I am thankful for my wonderful friend who invited me to visit her again this year and who is going to make us feel like being home. I know that because we visited he last year already and always felt welcome, cherished, completely spoiled and perfectly taken care of.
3) I am thankful that Sunny is such a happy kid. He laughs so often and is rarely in a bad or cranky mood. It is the best thing in the world to hear his contagious giggles and laughs. They melt my heart!
4) I am thankful for the inflatable pool we put up in our garden last Saturday. It was the only way to survive the monstrous heat that struck us. We spent a large part of the day in the pool and the only thing we missed was the cocktail with the drink umbrella in it. To say that Sunny was completely over the moon about it would be an understatement.
5) I am thankful that the first two holiday weeks are over and that we had a good time. Although the weather was bad at the beginning of the week with frequent downpours we still had a lot of fun together.
6) Thankful for Sade's "Stronger Than Pride". The sound is so smooth, I love her slightly smoky voice and she has the perfect tone pitch for me to sing along. Apart from that she sings very clearly so that it is possible to understand the lyrics. I really dislike songs that cannot be understood, regardless of the language. Sadly, I only found a live version. I like the album version better.
7) I am looking forward to an appointment I made with regard to Sunny's talker. I need some more input and help to teach him how to use it and I really have high hopes that the appointment will give me more insight and ideas on how to handle that. This means that we will be doing another trip to Cologne during the summer holiday.
8) I am happy about my new project because I hope it will finally help me to get my wardrobes organised. I have three rather small wardrobes on two different floors and, therefore, totally lack an overview of my clothes. That means that I stand in front of my wardrobe very often in the morning with a lot of "nothing to wear". In order to sort this out I started to take pictures of all my clothes. I also started a new and private blog (only visible for me) where I will put the pictures in categories. I hope that this will help me to get more organised with my clothing!
9) We had a good appointment at Sunny's ophthalmologist because Sunny needs new glasses. I am glad to say that his sight has improved a little bit. So far it only got worse with each appointment where his eyes were measured and now I hope this stopped. Our next appointment will be in about four months were we will look into a possible strabismus surgery. Ugh. This is the part I am not so thankful for.
10) I am SO thankful that I am obviously still attractive enough to have a car flirt ;-) although I have a kid. When we drove home from the ophthalmologist there was this guy in the car next to me and he always smiled when he saw me and bent over in his car to wave to me. He slowed his pace to drive next to me and when I was faster he caught up on me... it was really funny and actually quite good for my self-confidence ;-) (I guess it helped that I wore my sunglasses because that guy could not see the dark circles around my eyes *lol*. Otherwise he would have probably just driven by).
10 + 1) I met a former colleague this week and we went to a swimming lake with her and Sunny. We had a really nice day together and I enjoyed chatting away with her so much! She also treats Sunny with so much kindness and love that it makes my heart leap every time we meet her.
I will probably not be able to get back to you within the next days because today is reserved for packing our stuff and I will be more or less offline during my trip, at least for the time while I stay with my friend. Sorry for that! However, I will approve comments regularly from my phone. I thought about switching the moderation device off while I am away but I do not feel comfortable with it.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Bringing the Sunshine, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine