Friday, 12 July 2013

Would you change your past?

If I could go back and do something over it would be - nothing.

Seriously, I have been thinking about it for days now. If I could go back in time, what would I change? And I came up with nothing. 

Because everything that came to my mind turned out to be a decision that, in hindsight, was good for something else. And because every decision I ever made - either big or small - shaped the life I am living right now and it shaped me into the person I am - and I like who I am and where I am standing in life today.

Like when I decided not to go to university after I finished school but instead started an apprenticeship. I would have never met my wonderful colleague turned friend whom I am going to visit in August. And then I went to university some years later and met other beautiful friends there who I am still in contact with.

Or when I had a boyfriend who really treated me badly for more than a year. I tried to dump him several times but somehow took months to finally do it because I was afraid to be alone. However, I learned from this bad relationship how I would never tolerate another man to treat me.

But now, come to think of it, there is something I would change. I would like to go back to myself to the time when I was in the hospital after Sunny was born and I would tell myself that it will be okay. I would soothe myself and tell me what a wonderful, beautiful, lovely child he will become and that I should not worry too much.

And maybe I would choose vanilla ice cream instead of banana if I could go back to last week ;-) But that's about it.










This has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post using the sentence "If I could go back and do something over it would be..."

This has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post using the sentence “If I could have dinner with anyone in history, it would be…” - See more at: http://www.findingninee.com/to-my-old-man-son/#sthash.fo4fLNQV.dpufThis has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post using the sentence "The best 4th of July I ever had was...". 
It was brought to you by Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster. Thank you so much for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!

14 comments:

  1. The ice cream line made me giggle a bit, but seriously I loved how you would go back and let yourself know that your son would turn out to be a lovely little boy. Having had a baby with colic the first time out, I think I too would have loved to be able to go back in time to tell myself that Emma would turn out just fine and be a totally happy little girl right now, because back when I was going through this I would have liked to know that it would be alright and turn out ok in the end. Thanks as always for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes it would be awesome to just go back and tell your younger self all the things you know today, right? Thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. I'd like to take back all the M&Ms I've eaten over my lifetime and see if that would make a difference in my waistline. I am sure there is permanent fatty tissue from my years of abuse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it was worth the taste of every single M&M, wasn't it? And when I look at your picture it can't be that bad! ;-) You look gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. Hehe, so true! Good to see you again (I've been on a blogging break)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to see you again, my friend! How is your book going? Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  4. I had such a difficult time with this prompt. Because like you I couldn't think of one thing I would want to change. Well other than some really bad wardrobe choices. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the wardrobe choices... completely forgotten about them! :-)

      Delete
  5. Joy!
    I love this! And I love you! Perfect perfect perfect answer.
    MWAH! Seriously perfect. And, I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a perfect response, my dear! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Excellent. (Loved the last line, lol)

    It seems there are a pretty high percentage of people looking at (their) lives with an eye towards, everything we are is the result of what we have done...good bad and indifferent.

    Very well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clark. I think it would be awful if I looked back and there were so many things I would change. I am glad I do not feel that way.

      Delete
  7. This is great! Seems to be a common thread amongst these posts and It's so great to see that everyone is happy (at least mostly happy) with where they are in life right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I totally agree that this is great! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)