Monday, 29 July 2013

The Week In Pictures: calendar week 30/2013

This past week was full of different things and feelings: sadness, happiness, joy, gratefulness, hot weather, really uncomfortable humidity, severe thunderstorms....

I can't believe it was only last week that Sunny had his last day of kindergarten. Strangely, it seems to be much longer ago somehow. Today starts the first full holiday week and I am very slowly preparing to leave for Austria on Sunday. I am SO MUCH looking forward to it! I just hope the traffic will not be as bad as last year where it took me seven hours instead of five to get there. Ugh.

We bought Sunny's satchel for school which was a big deal in several ways, one of them being that he simply hated trying on different ones, kept running away and screaming at the shop. :-/

Sunny had his farewell party at kindergarten

Celebrating the end of a very good time with a Cosmopolitan

This sight is one of the things I love about summer

Gorgeous light during hippo therapy in the woods

On the way home from hippo therapy I spotted three fawns <3

We watched "The Wolverine" on another cinema night
Photo credits

The weekend brought really hot temperatures and a lot of humidity. This was around noon in Sunny's room.

We finally put up the inflatable pool we bought two years ago and spent a large part of Saturday in it. Sunny was over the moon and could not have been happier.

This is the only thing that brought a bit of relief inside the house. Sadly, it is only in Sunny's room. I decided to sleep in his room for some nights because I cannot sleep in such temperatures while my husband is totally unaffected by the heat.



6 comments:

  1. Looks like it's been a good week :) What's hippo therapy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week actually.

      Hippo therapy is horseback riding with a therapist. This explains it quite good: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippotherapy

      Delete
  2. The picture of the forest looks awesome! Simply perfect!!

    Lily's already obsessing about her school bag, I bet there will be a tantrum if she gets hers, because she wants a different one every week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light in the forest was really enchanting, I could not stop taking pictures of it!

      This is one of the advantages of Sunny: he could not care less about things like the picture on his satchel! ;-)

      Delete
  3. What lovely photos! I loved the teeshirt and Sunny's cool new satchel.
    And I had to laugh at your last sentence - we are exactly the same. I sleep with only a sheet all summer, while my husband is still wrapped in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos this week, Joy! We, too, have taken out the blow-up pool and have had hours of fun in it this summer. Bleh to the heat - I hope it cools off for you soon. I can't wait to hear about your amazing trip! EEP! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)