Thursday, 25 July 2013

The Versatile Blogger meets Semper Fidelis Award

I am ashamed to say that I was given two awesome awards by some of my best blogging buddies months ago and I haven't found the time to post about them yet. I really, sincerely want to apologise to them for that. I must seem like the most unthankful person ever given an award and I am sure nobody will ever give me another one. :-(

So, I finally want to write about these two awards because, although it might not seem so, they really mean so much to me.



The Versatile Blogger award was given to me from Alana at Lightly Salted. She is an awesome writer and I am flattered that she chose me for the award. If you haven't done it yet, you should totally check out her blog! She is just about to write another novel!

Here are the rules for the award:

1) Thank and link to the person who gave you the award. - Done.
2) Tell seven facts about yourself.
3) Pass it on to seven other bloggers.
4) Link to specific posts on their blogs so they’ll be notified by pingback

So, here we go - seven facts about me:

1) I do not like the use of too many English expressions in the German language. Sadly, it is a trend that is growing more and more. While I am (obviously ;-) ) the last person to prefer German before English I think there are enough beautiful expressions and words in our our language and as long as it is not a special term that derives from the English language I do not like the replacement of German words by English ones.
2) I love Chai tea.
3) I am really bad at math. Always was, always will be. There are worse things in life. ;-)
4) I love animals and I am sad that we do not have any :-( My husband is allergic.
5) I love my iPhone but I would never buy a MacBook.
6) I haven't read "Shades Of Grey" and I am not planning on changing that.
7) I still use a paper journal.

My nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are:

Natalia at Sophia's unique world
Stephanie at Life, Unexpectedly
Kerri at Undiagnosed, but okay
Rich Rumple at That's Life... Sometimes!!!
Alicia at Lost in Holland
Misty at Meet the Cottons
Jak at The Cryton Chronicles




Then there is the Semper Fidels Award, given to me by my beautiful friend Kerri at Undiagnosed, but okay. It really means so much to me that she considers me being part of her "wolf pack". We exchange mails on a really personal level and I am always happy to see her name appear in my inbox. If I ever juggle too many balls and blogging is on the back burner her blog is still one of the few I try to always read, somehow.

The rules to follow for this award are:

1) Add the award logo to your blog. - Done.
2) Thank the blogger who nominated/gifted it and link back to their blog. - Done!
3) Nominate five bloggers whose loyalty and friendship you value and who you consider being part of your 'wolf pack'.
4) Post something special for each one of your nominees and dedicate it to them such as a quote, picture, poem, saying etc....something you think pertains to that person.
5) Let your nominees know that they are nominated.

Here are my nominees:

Lizzy at Considerings. Since she started her Ten Things of Thankful blog hop I got to know her much better and I really feel for her in her struggling with infertility. This is my saying for you, Lizzy: 
May we live life not by our fears, but by our hopes. xoxo

Lucas at abstract Lucas because when we found each other there was an instant feeling of belonging and understanding.

Kristi at Finding Ninee because she made me start my blog in the first place. You can either thank her or sue her! ;-) I, for one, am very glad that she motivated me without even knowing it!

Tatum at Ain't No Roller Coaster because while Sunny is not a preemie we share so many things nevertheless and she just gets the struggles we face.  

Alana at Lightly Salted. I just love her humour, her empathy and her great writing! As soon as I find the time I am going to read her novel!


Congrats to you! Please put a link to your response in my comments section so I don't miss it!






18 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the award nomination! I greatly appreciate it and will try to return the favor and spread the love when I get the chance.

    If alright, I'm going to add some of the rules/guidelines of the second award to the first in my post.

    This would be - post the badge/award on your blog (and acceptance/nominee post), which I'm sure most would do, but just so it's specified more clear.

    Don't worry about being so late to posting about your awards. I've had nominees for the Liebster Award I received in March that have yet to respond. The sting fades once you realize people are busy and/or may not be as into those kinds of things.

    I tell you what, though, it's awesome when someone you gave an award to responds to it, no matter how long after the fact! It's great really and I'm sure those that nominated you are ecstatic you've "officially" accepted them!

    I will leave a post here, once I finish up the entry.

    Thank you so much again, and congratulations to you and to all the other nominees!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Jak! It was a pleasure!

      I am totally okay for you to adjust the "rules" to your liking, actually! :-)

      Awards make me happy but I only have a limited amount of time for my blog (like everyone else) and when I have other stuff to write about that feels important to me I just lack the extra time to blog about the award.

      Delete
  2. Awwwww thank you Joy :) I shall include this at the weekend, if that's ok with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks, Joy! I'm really touched! I feel bad I haven't been as good a "pack member" since I took some time off blogging as heavily, so THANK YOU!! Can't wait to pass the award on... but I might have to until my wrists are feeling a little better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry and take your time just as I did! xo

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO much for nominating me, Joy!! Four or five points of your 7 facts could be from me, that's so funny ;-) Have you ever made chai from scratch? It's even yummier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! How cool that you can relate to so many of my facts! Looking forward to reading your response!

      Chai from scratch? No, how do you do that? I always buy David Rio Tiger Spice Chai and drink it with 2/3 milk and 1/3 water. Yum!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Joy!! I'm very flattered, this is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Please let me know if you write about it! xo

      Delete
  6. Joy! Thank you SO VERY MUCH! I really appreciate it and also love Chai tea - yum! Oh. Huh. I just saw the comment above mine said something better than I did about Chai tea. Oh well I will never make it from scratch anyway.
    And hey - don't feel bad about not saying something about the awards earlier. I have a few that I've never addressed - I keep meaning to but it's so hard to choose new people to pass them on to...and then when I was waiting to do one, I got another one (probably somebody felt sorry for me because I never said I got one back then...and then another). I will (!) do something soon though and even though I haven't written a post about them, I very very very much appreciate when I get them. It really means a lot to be recognized by bloggers I respect and adore. So truly friend. Thank you!
    And nobody will sue me because who would not love I Can Say Mama? Your blog is beautiful and awesome - just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks dear! xoxo

      And: you deserve it!

      Delete
  7. Joy - You well deserve this award. If for nothing else, knowing what the hell Chai is (I'm going to have to do a Google search ... again! lol) I thank you for the nomination. I am already a recipient of the award, but will wear the badge in honor (hoping that it keeps others from nominating me! :) Check out tomorrow's blog at my site for my acceptance speech ... of sorts. Many Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did such a good job Rich, thank you for being such a good sports about it! :-)

      So, have you found out about the Chai yet? ;-)

      Delete
  8. Wow, well you know I adore you! So first, thanks and also this is why you are in my wolf pack!!! And this is why I know we are true pack mates, despite the fact I don't know what the heck chai tea is....especially since neither of us haven't read shades of grey. But my excuse is it made my mom hot and bothered and that is just wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha about Shades of Grey and your mom!!

      You should totally try Chai tea, it's so delicious. Since I don't drink coffee it brings a bit of variety to just plain tea or milk.

      Delete
  9. A much over due, thank you. I saw this weekend but had some technical difficulties in giving the appropriate gratitude. I'm honored to be part of your pack. Like Kristi said, I know I'm behind on a few awards too, but that doesn't make me appreciate them any less. Thank you, thank you - you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatum, you are welcome! I haven't seen you on my blog for a long time, so great to see you again! :-)

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)