I am ashamed to say that I was given two awesome awards by some of my best blogging buddies months ago and I haven't found the time to post about them yet. I really, sincerely want to apologise to them for that. I must seem like the most unthankful person ever given an award and I am sure nobody will ever give me another one. :-(
So, I finally want to write about these two awards because, although it might not seem so, they really mean so much to me.
The Versatile Blogger award was given to me from Alana at Lightly Salted. She is an awesome writer and I am flattered that she chose me for the award. If you haven't done it yet, you should totally check out her blog! She is just about to write another novel!
Here are the rules for the award:
1) Thank and link to the person who gave you the award. - Done.
2) Tell seven facts about yourself.
3) Pass it on to seven other bloggers.
4) Link to specific posts on their blogs so they’ll be notified by pingback
So, here we go - seven facts about me:
1) I do not like the use of too many English expressions in the German language. Sadly, it is a trend that is growing more and more. While I am (obviously ;-) ) the last person to prefer German before English I think there are enough beautiful expressions and words in our our language and as long as it is not a special term that derives from the English language I do not like the replacement of German words by English ones.
2) I love Chai tea.
3) I am really bad at math. Always was, always will be. There are worse things in life. ;-)
4) I love animals and I am sad that we do not have any :-( My husband is allergic.
5) I love my iPhone but I would never buy a MacBook.
6) I haven't read "Shades Of Grey" and I am not planning on changing that.
7) I still use a paper journal.
My nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are:
Natalia at Sophia's unique world
Stephanie at Life, Unexpectedly
Kerri at Undiagnosed, but okay
Rich Rumple at That's Life... Sometimes!!!
Alicia at Lost in Holland
Misty at Meet the Cottons
Jak at The Cryton Chronicles
Then there is the Semper Fidels Award, given to me by my beautiful friend Kerri at Undiagnosed, but okay. It really means so much to me that she considers me being part of her "wolf pack". We exchange mails on a really personal level and I am always happy to see her name appear in my inbox. If I ever juggle too many balls and blogging is on the back burner her blog is still one of the few I try to always read, somehow.
The rules to follow for this award are:
1) Add the award logo to your blog. - Done.
2) Thank the blogger who
nominated/gifted it and link back to their blog. - Done!
3) Nominate five bloggers whose loyalty and friendship you value and who you consider being part of your 'wolf pack'.
4) Post something special for each one of your nominees and dedicate it to
them such as a quote, picture, poem, saying etc....something you think
pertains to that person.
5) Let your nominees know that they are nominated.
Here are my nominees:
Lizzy at Considerings. Since she started her Ten Things of Thankful blog hop I got to know her much better and I really feel for her in her struggling with infertility. This is my saying for you, Lizzy:
May we live life not by our fears, but by our hopes. xoxo
Lucas at abstract Lucas because when we found each other there was an instant feeling of belonging and understanding.
Kristi at Finding Ninee because she made me start my blog in the first place. You can either thank her or sue her! ;-) I, for one, am very glad that she motivated me without even knowing it!
Tatum at Ain't No Roller Coaster because while Sunny is not a preemie we share so many things nevertheless and she just gets the struggles we face.
Alana at Lightly Salted. I just love her humour, her empathy and her great writing! As soon as I find the time I am going to read her novel!
Congrats to you! Please put a link to your response in my comments section so I don't miss it!