Saturday, 27 July 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 29-30/2013

I started to write this week's list on Tuesday and after ten minutes there were already four things on my list without me having to think a lot about it. Some hours later the list already contained six things. It feels so good to realise how kind life is to you sometimes. 


1) It was the last week of kindergarten for Sunny. It was a very emotional week for me as I had to say good-bye to his teachers. We hugged each other firmly one more time and there may or may not have been some tears rolling (who am I kidding?) and now we are in holiday mode. I will never be fully able to express how thankful I am for the last three years where my son was taken care of, nourished, fostered, taught and, above all, loved so much.

2) I am thankful for concealer and my BB cream. Since I am on sleep deprivation for almost six years now I admit to say that I look like a zombie without concealer and a bit of BB cream. If I am not too lazy I also put some mascara on which gives me some kind of awake and agreeable look.

3) I am thankful for my independence. I am so glad that I can simply decide to visit a friend of mine in Austria, grab Sunny, hop in my car and drive there on my own. I do not need to ask my husband for permission (because he would never prohibit me from visiting a friend or my family), I do not need anyone to take me there, I do not have to ask anyone if I can go, I do not need to worry about leaving my country and go to another one. There are many different levels of independence in only this one trip and I am glad and acknowledging every one because I know there are so many people out there who are not that lucky.

4) I am thankful that I will get to spend some time with my family and friends this summer. I look so much forward to staying there longer than the usual weekend because more time on my hands makes it easier to balance all the things I want to do and people I want to spend time with.

5) I am thankful for the two awards I received months ago and this week finally found the time to write about. Once again: sorry, ladies, for taking so much time to do it!

6) I am thankful for to do lists. Although this week was still very busy, filled with appointments, the farewell from kindergarten, picking Sunny up from kindergarten earlier on Monday because his temperature was slightly elevated and he was exhausted, therapies, paperwork and all that stuff I was more focused this week and managed to get some to do's off my plate.
I have learned that to do lists help me to concentrate on what really has to be done and sometimes, when I am sleazy and not working on the list or abandoning it for a few days I recognise immediately that I start to lose track of all the things I have to do. And although I like technology and although I tested a few apps and Outlook and whatnot I found out that it has to be a printed list on paper that gets updated every other day and printed freshly, with lots of blanks to be filled out when something new has to be added.

7) I am thankful for the beautiful keepsakes we were given from kindergarten to remember Sunny's time there. As I already said, they always go the extra mile and the presents were so beautiful and thoughtful. Love them!

8) I love George Michael's "Careless Whisper" because it reminds me of my teenage years when love was nothing but sweet and innocent.


9) I am thankful for my friend Kerri who reached out to me on Tuesday when I was sad about Sunny's farewell from kindergarten and she sent me some beautiful, uplifting words when I needed them. xoxo to you, my dear friend!

10) I am thankful that we had a day with rain and cooler temperatures this week because it was pure relief.

10 + 1) I am thankful for my friend Kristi who really did it. She really sent me the book she was featured in by snail mail all across the pond. She sent it to me just because she is nice like that. Not only did she send the book but she also added a beautiful note to it. I was so touched when I read it. Thank you so so much, my dear! xoxo


 I am sorry that I could not participate in FTSF this week (it is just not possible for me at the moment, sadly) but this is one of the many things (and maybe the most important one) that I love about blogging: making friends who care all over the world! <3

10 + 2) It is Friday night now and I am sitting here, finishing my post and enjoying a glass of my famous Cosmopolitan cocktail because I deserve it. :-)

10 + 3) I am thankful for all the progress that Sunny made in the last three years. I am so happy to see how far he has come, how he has grown in those years and how many skills he learned. And as sad as I am that his kindergarten time has ended I shall not forget about the good stuff that arose from this happy time and be grateful for it.











Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

25 comments:

  1. Hi Joy:) Thank you for your list:) I am going to do TTT Marriage Edition, as it is our Anniversary this wknd. Ditto to #3. You must be reading SAFE HAVEN? I am reading that too, and I just told my hubby on how much I appreciate that he doesn't really care on what I do, where I go, or on how much I spend. Your little one just finished KG? Canadian kids finished end of June. How long are your holidays for? Have a wonderful Saturday!(it is still Friday here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your list was delightful!

      Actually I have never heard of Safe Haven. Will have a look into it! Thank you for mentioning it!

      Sunny will start with school at the beginning of September.

      Hope you had a lovely weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. These are lovely, Joy, and it's great that not only have you had 10, but 10+3 Things this week.

    Kerri and Kristi are treasures. You have great taste in friends and they are lucky to be yours, too :)

    The awards - wow - you started a storm for me there, dear - I caught yours and got sideswiped by Rich on the way out! Such fun XD I loved reading your acceptance of them both.

    I'm so glad that you have such lovely memories of the kindergarten. That's truly very special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for your lovely comment!

      How cool that Rich awarded you with the other award!! Love that! You really deserved it!

      Yes, I am so glad about the kindergarten memories, too!

      Delete
  3. Yes you deserve it!
    Lovely list as always, I'm glad it was easy to find things to be thankful for.
    Yay for Sunny's progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading "thankful" lists. Sometimes it take a lot of effort to come up with 10 or even 5 things to be really thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. However, this week it was totally easy for me!

      Delete
  5. I am glad Sunny had such a great kindergarten teacher. We don't really get along with Lily's teacher, and I honestly can't wait for her to go to school next year.

    Independence is wonderful. I would not do well with a partner who'd restrict or belittle me either. Have fun during your trip to Austria!

    I'm thankful for my concealer as well. First make-up step in the morning: concealer under the eyes ;-)

    Enjoy your Cosmo and the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's sad that you do not get along with Lily's teacher at kindergarten. Hope school will turn out better for her!

      Austria will be awesome, I cannot wait for it!

      Delete
  6. Loved your list and like you I compile my list throughout the week and can find things daily that I am thankful for, so I think that is a great thing. And please don't worry about linking up with us, seriously sometimes it just isn't possible and I have been there, too. There will be other weeks and know you will return when you can. Enjoy the rest of your weekend now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine, we had a wonderful weekend! Hope yours was great, too!

      Delete
  7. Joy! I'm so glad the book arrived! I hope you enjoy it. Like I mentioned, not every entry is funny but many are. Your list is perfect and I think it's wonderful that this week you had 10+3. Sunny's kindergarden experience sounds so awesome - just the way it's supposed to be. Good teachers, progress, love and support. And the tshirt they sent home is such a great keepsake!
    And you know what, this is the very first week that I didn't participate in FTSF since I found it. I wanted to and had good intentions of doing so but just couldn't find the time. Plus, I struggled a little with it as it was 'the best and worst of blogging' and feel like I've already written about that several times.
    Hope you have a great week, my friend!! I look forward to seeing some photos of the scenery on your trip!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristi! I will post a lot of pics from my trip! xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love to make lists. I love to cross things OFF lists. I just have trouble holding onto the list and not losing it before everything is crossed off. Sometimes, maybe even losing it before ANYTHING is crossed off....

    My daughter has informed me there is now a CC cream, which offers a little more coverage than BB cream. Imma thinking my old skin could use a little more coverage! Going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I redo my list every other day or so. I do not attempt to keep it until it is crossed off completely. I keep adding this to it so it becomes confusing after a few days.

      I use a BB cream from Asia that has more coverage that those that are sold on the European market. But I will check out CC creams nevertheless. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. #13 - the best of the list! You are blessed because you are able to see all the good things the last three years have brought to your lives, I wish you many more good things to come for Sunny in the years ahead! All children have capabilities that we can celebrate! Sunny has an awesome Mom! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Josie! I try my very best! xo

      Delete
  10. lol

    Dyanne stole one of my items (that I identified with on your TTofT)... it's the crossing off that is the point of lists, I actually keep a supply of yellow pads for list making. (yes, it is permissible to include on new list one or two items that are already complete... priming the pump, if you will)

    Also liked Item#3 which despite how varied our individual circumstances may be...to have the freedom of 'motion' totally makes the difference in life.

    Am also a fan of FTSF... will wave at Janine up there in the Comments (like on the old game show Hollywood Squares). Janine is amazing for being encouraging and supportive and that bloghop is one of my weekly regulars.

    ditto on Kerri and Kristi pretty amazing people

    (We will so have to get you to join us (Considerer and maybe Kristi on a Video brunch...maybe towards the end of the Summer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lists are great, aren't they?

      I think I will not be able to participate in FTSF for the next weeks... :-/

      I guess I would maybe be too shy to join you in a video brunch... do you think I could handle that?

      Delete
  11. I would be lost without to-do lists!

    Great teachers are such a blessing. So glad that Sunny has had a great school experience so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so glad about that, too!

      Delete
  12. You are more than welcome, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A week late, but better late than never!

    I make lists all the time. I use index cards like they are going out of style. For some reason, though, I rarely ever do To Do Lists. I probably should, because I forget half the crap I say I'm going to do. Even with this blog hop. I'm like... I won't forget I'm Thankful for this... and when it comes time to write my list suddenly I can't think of anything.

    Then I feel bad when I leave out important things, especially involving friends/family I wanted to mention.

    Wonderful having friends and family to visit and to be there when feeling down!

    You are about to head out on your vacation, so I hope it's a wonderful time and you get some good relaxation in.

    Thanks again for the nomination! We will see if it takes me just as long to blog about them >.< lol

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)