1) It was the last week of kindergarten for Sunny. It was a very emotional week for me as I had to say good-bye to his teachers. We hugged each other firmly one more time and there may or may not have been some tears rolling (who am I kidding?) and now we are in holiday mode. I will never be fully able to express how thankful I am for the last three years where my son was taken care of, nourished, fostered, taught and, above all, loved so much.
2) I am thankful for concealer and my BB cream. Since I am on sleep deprivation for almost six years now I admit to say that I look like a zombie without concealer and a bit of BB cream. If I am not too lazy I also put some mascara on which gives me some kind of awake and agreeable look.
3) I am thankful for my independence. I am so glad that I can simply decide to visit a friend of mine in Austria, grab Sunny, hop in my car and drive there on my own. I do not need to ask my husband for permission (because he would never prohibit me from visiting a friend or my family), I do not need anyone to take me there, I do not have to ask anyone if I can go, I do not need to worry about leaving my country and go to another one. There are many different levels of independence in only this one trip and I am glad and acknowledging every one because I know there are so many people out there who are not that lucky.
4) I am thankful that I will get to spend some time with my family and friends this summer. I look so much forward to staying there longer than the usual weekend because more time on my hands makes it easier to balance all the things I want to do and people I want to spend time with.
5) I am thankful for the two awards I received months ago and this week finally found the time to write about. Once again: sorry, ladies, for taking so much time to do it!
6) I am thankful for to do lists. Although this week was still very busy, filled with appointments, the farewell from kindergarten, picking Sunny up from kindergarten earlier on Monday because his temperature was slightly elevated and he was exhausted, therapies, paperwork and all that stuff I was more focused this week and managed to get some to do's off my plate.
I have learned that to do lists help me to concentrate on what really has to be done and sometimes, when I am sleazy and not working on the list or abandoning it for a few days I recognise immediately that I start to lose track of all the things I have to do. And although I like technology and although I tested a few apps and Outlook and whatnot I found out that it has to be a printed list on paper that gets updated every other day and printed freshly, with lots of blanks to be filled out when something new has to be added.
7) I am thankful for the beautiful keepsakes we were given from kindergarten to remember Sunny's time there. As I already said, they always go the extra mile and the presents were so beautiful and thoughtful. Love them!
8) I love George Michael's "Careless Whisper" because it reminds me of my teenage years when love was nothing but sweet and innocent.
9) I am thankful for my friend Kerri who reached out to me on Tuesday when I was sad about Sunny's farewell from kindergarten and she sent me some beautiful, uplifting words when I needed them. xoxo to you, my dear friend!
10) I am thankful that we had a day with rain and cooler temperatures this week because it was pure relief.
10 + 1) I am thankful for my friend Kristi who really did it. She really sent me the book she was featured in by snail mail all across the pond. She sent it to me just because she is nice like that. Not only did she send the book but she also added a beautiful note to it. I was so touched when I read it. Thank you so so much, my dear! xoxo
I am sorry that I could not participate in FTSF this week (it is just not possible for me at the moment, sadly) but this is one of the many things (and maybe the most important one) that I love about blogging: making friends who care all over the world! <3
10 + 2) It is Friday night now and I am sitting here, finishing my post and enjoying a glass of my famous Cosmopolitan cocktail because I deserve it. :-)
10 + 3) I am thankful for all the progress that Sunny made in the last three years. I am so happy to see how far he has come, how he has grown in those years and how many skills he learned. And as sad as I am that his kindergarten time has ended I shall not forget about the good stuff that arose from this happy time and be grateful for it.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Bringing the Sunshine, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine