Saturday, 20 July 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 28-29/2013

What a week! My husband had a few days off and we spent a lot of time together which was nice but quite a lot of work and only little time to do things at home for me.

Tonight I am exhausted. My feet and legs hurt from our day, the sun burnt my back and I am tired. So I hope to have my list finished soon.


1) Spending time in front of the TV right now, on my comfortable sofa, with my blanket and a nice film in the background.

2) For the beautiful days we had together. We visited the amusement park of last week once again this week and another one today (which is why I am exhausted).

3) I am glad that Sunny does not have any issues with things like amusement parks or other places we visit as a family. He even went on some rides with us where I was not sure if he would go or not but he enjoyed them so much and laughed and squeaked with delight although they were so fast. I loved it and I love that we can do things like these.

4) I am thankful that we had a date night this week. We went to the cinema and it was quite funny.

5) I am enjoying wonderful white chocolate filled with cherries, blackberry and joghurt and it is simply delicious! Hmmm!

6) Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself". I hear the first beats and immediately have to start rocking and grooving and turning the volume up. And now that I know Kristi I always think of her when I hear Billy Idol!


7) That there are still three days of kindergarten left next week. My heart is heavy for Sunny and I hope he will be okay with his transition to school and leaving all his beautiful teachers behind. It is one of the hardest (not health-related) things we had to deal with yet.

8) The kids which will go to school in September had a field day with the kindergarten teachers this week and Sunny was more than exhausted when he came home. When I checked the communication book there was no word about the field day in there and I was a bit sad that I would never know what they did and how he liked it. But then I found a beautiful note in his backpack and even a picture of him playing in the water of the swimming lake and I was happy.

9) I am so much looking forward to visiting my friend and her son in Austria in August. We will surely have the best time ever and I cannot wait to see her again!

10) That I finally finished this list! It was hard today because Sunny woke up at 4:39 this morning and, of course, he woke me up, too. Ouch!








Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

15 comments:

  1. Ahhhh sounds like Sunny's trip out was a really good one :)

    Bless your boots for doing this when you're so tired. Hope you get some good rest.

    (Oh, and on Mr Idol, this is more my style - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfRn7Mp5L0k)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a firm believer in date night. When our kiddos were little, sometimes date night meant playing a game of backgammon after the kids went to bed, but we always made date night a priority.

    4:39 is early, even by my "early to rise" standards. Hope you can get more sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to the date night and I too still love that Billy Idol song. Still think of it from the movie, "Can't Buy Me Love"!! Another great list and happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great week you had. And I too picture Kristy every time I hear Billy Idol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the amusement park was a success. We enjoy them, too, but it's always an anxious wait to see if the littlest one will like them the first time.
    Good for you, taking date nights. We aren't nearly as good about that as we should be, and we even have sitters in the house!
    Gotta love Billy Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my to #10!!! Other than that sounds like you had a wonderful week. Now tell me what is the official name of your #5 or did someone make them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally identify with #10 lol (not that this 'hop is a chore, but with the approach I seem to have developed, the writing happens the 'day of the event'...aka the last minute).

    Your upcoming visit with friends sounds like fun, and there are few visit-friends-months better than August!

    (back to work...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a date night...what was that like? I have a vague recollection of such things. And people tell me once my kiddos get older that we will have date nights again. Congratulations on making it happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am most intrigued by your upcoming visit to Austria! I'm picturing mountains and delightful weather and lots of great girlfriend time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy,
    I'm so happy for you that you got to have a date night! I think my husband and I may get one soon as it looks like Tucker's (temporary but still) babysitter is working out and I think I can have her come over one night when Tucker's in bed - OH MY a movie alone with the hubs! Whee! I love that Billy Idol makes you think of me now. One from Metallica always makes me think of YOU now :) (we have great taste).
    That's really cool that Sunny enjoys the amusement parks so much - that's not a small thing and makes finding activities so much easier. Love it! And can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Joy, first, thanks for popping over to Inquiring parent this week.
    My number 10 was similar to yours. I had so many interruptions today I wasn't sure I'd ever get finished, so was thankful that I did.

    I can relate to feeling sad when your kid moves on from Kindergarten. Transitions were not easy for my my elder daughter at that age. And neither were they for me back then - when she started school I missed her so much! And then the following year her sister started too, oh I remember that felt hard for me too, though not so much so for my little one. She was glad to be back with her sister. All that's long ago now as our girls are both teenagers.

    Hope Sunny sleeps in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for date nights!!
    Bet the picture of Sunny was worth a thousand words! Glad he had a good time :)
    Have a safe and great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The date night sounds awesome!! I migh thave to ask our downstairs neighbor soon again if she'd like to take our babyphone for a few hours so we can sneak to the Greek restaurant around the corner again ;-)

    Oh my goodness, your little guy is heading off to school! Lily's already not talking abou tanything else, and she has a whole year left.

    Which other park did you go? One in our area or somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your list is awesome but two spoke to me. Date night. I love date nights with my husband. Our kids are grown and we still have them. And going to Austria. I'm so jealous. I'm a travel addict and could go, go, go. If I had unlimited funds that is. Thanks for co-hosting. I participated this week and really needed to read the other bloggers lists of things they are thankful for. I had a rough week. But it's getting better all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you and your hubby got some quality time in together despite the busy work week, which is awesome! Sometimes it can be hard to fit in those date nights, but they are important.

    It's great Sunny doesn't mind some of the rides at the amusement park either and you were all able to enjoy them as a family.

    Hope your son does alright with the transition with school. Today (I think) is the last day I assume.

    Get caught up on some sleep!

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)