Saturday, 13 July 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 27-28/2013

Friday evening of a busy week (but a bit less busy than the last ones, thank goodness!) and time to focus on the good stuff. Most of them are quite mundane things but isn't this what life is mainly about? Seeing the good in the small things of everyday life.


1) This week we were on a beautiful family outing together at some kind of amusement park. My husband works a lot so we rarely get to do things together and we all enjoyed ourselves so much. Sunny had so much fun and so did we!

2) After we came home from our day trip we were all sweaty and spent. When Sunny was in bed I took a long and relaxing shower with my new favourite shower gel: ginger and lemon. It is so refreshing and I felt so good afterwards.

3) The weather has really been perfect the whole week. It was pleasantly warm - warm enough for summer clothes - but not too hot, it was breezy and not too humid, the sun was shining all day, we had no drop of rain... Just the way I love it.

4) A big shout out to nail polish. My feet are okay but not really beautiful but a nice pedicure (which I always do myself) makes them look so much better.

5) I love Bronski Beat's song Smalltown Boy and I am always happy when it appears on my playlist:


6) A friend of mine sent me a surprise parcel in the mail this week, containing homemade jam, yummy white chocolate and a nice greeting card. It came out of the blue and made me really happy.

7) The cocktail I am enjoying right now. It is a simple one yet so delicious. (Edited to add: I just posted the recipe here.)

8) Online shopping. I love how there are so many shops and so many possibilities to find the stuff you are searching for. It is so much more relaxed than running around town, skim a gazillion shops and still do not find what you are looking for.

9) Our planet. I am constantly overwhelmed and in awe when I see pictures of so many different landscapes, of high mountains and deep oceans, of deserts, swamps and woods. I love all the faces our earth has and the beauty that surrounds us everywhere.

10) That the weather will stay good because we are going to have a barbecue tomorrow and I am so much looking forward to it. I love to have a simple yet delicious barbecue!

What are you thankful for? Please do share!










Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

28 comments:

  1. Yours are lovely, Joy - don't forget to link yourself into the hop! I keep forgetting too!

    I especially like the cocktail and the ENTIRE planet - it's so cool how we're not restricted and can be quite superficial and quite deep in the things which bring us Happy, and for which we're grateful.

    PS - what cocktail? Recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking up my post! The problem is that I cannot link it up when it goes live but have to wait until the next morning.

      My son gets up very early (at around 5:00) each morning so I usually go to sleep at 22:30 or 23:00 at the latest. If I go to bed later I regret it the next morning ;-). But as my post goes live at 0:00 there is no chance for me to link up befor the next morning. So thank you for taking care of that.

      Yes, that's the cool thing about this blog hop - you can be thankful for the little and the huge things without any restrictions.

      I had an Amaretto Sour last night. If you want me to I can post the recipe.

      Delete
    2. Hey, Considerer... I'm heading back to TTofT HQ see what havoc-with-links I can create... lol

      Delete
    3. Yes please to recipe! I love amaretto :) My fave - and we're all out! Needta get some in soon.

      Clark, you really are wreaking (chatty) havoc - looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

      Delete
    4. I will post the recipe soon, promise! It is soo delicious!!

      Delete
    5. Looking forward to it. Sounds like just the thing for later in the evening when it starts to cool down again.

      Delete
  2. Oh sounded like a perfect week and truly praying the weather stays nice now so that you can have your barbecue. Hoping the weekend is treating you well now and thank you for co-hosting as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! We already had one yesterday and will do it again today! :-)

      Delete
  3. You know what my favorite thing is from your list? The surprise package you received from a friend! I should do that sometimes, too. I would love to make someone really happy by sending a little surprise gift in the mail. Thank you for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was one of my favourites this week, too! And you are right, it is wonderful to make someone happy just by sending something nice. I do it every now and then, actually!

      Delete
  4. put me down for: #3, #6 and #10

    what can not be cool about surprise packages from friends
    weather... here (New England) is non-sunny but is so not cold! that is enough
    barbecue... a lot like coffee, the aroma is like half the enjoyment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about those surprise packages! And the jam is so delicious that a big part of it is already gone! ;-)

      One day I will visit those New England states... always dreamed about it!

      We will have another barbecue today. I will try some fish for the first time. Curious as to how it will turn out!

      Delete
  5. Oh, oh, and I love number 8!!! Where there is shopping, I will travel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's so awesome! I've got a surprise (home-made syrup and jam) from my co-worker, too, this week. Almost felt like birthday! glad you enjoyed the park. What brand is your new shower gel? I might check it out, need something to revitalize those muscles after running ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for surprise presents! :-) What kind of syrup did you get? Home-made syrups are heavenly, too!

      We are planning on going to the park one more time next week if everything works out fine. It was such a beautiful day and we would like to do it once more before the holidays start.

      The shower gel is called "one ginger morning" duschcreme by treaclemoon. It is sold at dm Drogeriemarkt. They have some others, one with raspberry and one with coconut which I haven't tried yet. I think I will never use another shower gel again, I am so in love with it!!

      Delete
  7. hope your barbecue goes well. I love the earth too. We have so much rain here, but I love the coolness and the mist. I even love the fog. Thanks for sharing your 10 this week. Congrats on your nice package too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, our barbecue was perfect so we will have another one today. I sometimes do love mist and coolness, too, but at the moment I am happy with our weather.

      Delete
  8. Been a good hop! you seem to have the corner on the value and desirability of barbecues and surprises! lol

    see you next week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list!!! Lemon and ginger sounds great and refreshing, gotta try that. Isn't nail polish great?? I do mine myself as well and yes, it can make a big difference in the way my feet look even if I don't do anything else to them.
    The surprise package must have been really nice to receive,that means you are important for your friend and they wanted to let you know that they are thinking of you, bet it made your day! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me that I need to do a new pedicure...

      It was totally nice to receive the package! It definitely made my day! <3

      Delete
  10. What a great week, Joy! The day at the amusement park sounds perfect, as does your relaxing shower with lemon and ginger body wash. I love stuff like that! Awesome that you received a surprise package (one day, I really will get this book in the mail to you) from a friend. Online shopping is SO nice. Great list, Joy! I hope this week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi, the week is (almost) fine so far! :-)

      Delete
  11. Wow what a great week. It is always nice when you can do family things. And um, the cocktail? YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally try the cocktail! Seriously!

      Delete
  12. I'm thankful that I think I'm finally caught up on your awesome blog and with what's going on with you and Sunny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are almost there because you missed last night's post ;-) But thank you so much for catching up! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)