1) I am thankful that this day is over and that Sunny is in bed. He was very challenging today and I am beyond spent.
2) I am glad that Sunny always forgives me even if I am a total parenting fail. I yelled at him at lunch because there were so many things all morning that piled to me losing it at some point. I felt (and still feel) so terrible afterwards immediately and apologised numerous times. He is the most forgiving person I know and after his nap he was his happy and lucky self and welcomed me smiling and laughing when I went into his room. It was as if nothing happened and I am so glad about that.
3) I am thankful that Sunny still naps because it gives me time to breathe deeply, calm down and become the relaxed and patient mum ne needs and deserves again. It is just a short time of the day but it helps me to recharge my batteries again.
4) I had a girls night out yesterday and enjoyed myself a lot. We do it once a month and it is always such a nice escape from our everyday hassle.
5) I love Sam Sparro's Black And Gold. I listened to it yesterday night when I drove home. There are certain songs that I hear and immediately a picture or a certain feeling pops up in my head. It is hard to explain, but maybe you have experienced something like that, too. When I listen to that song I always feel the infinity of space.
6) This week I carefully arranged for some beautiful presents for Sunny's kindergarten teachers. Since there is only one day per week where they are all together I gave them the presents already this week although we still have almost three weeks to go until the summer holidays start. It was just wonderful how happy they were. I love giving presents to others and making them happy! More on the presents and the how-to hopefully soon.
Because I needed that tonight! Will share the recipe soon, too! (Edited to add: I posted the recipe here).
8) The lovely weather we had today because it was sunny and warm but not hot and humid. Perfect if you ask me!
9) Do you remember my no. 7 from last week? I told you I do not like to say it loud. Well, as soon as it was online Sunny got sick. However - and this is where the thankfulness comes in - he was only sick for two days (Monday and Tuesday). It was just a minor cold and he could return to kindergarten on Wednesday.
10) I am glad that we have a wonderful PT and SLP for Sunny. It is so good to know that your therapists and you form a good team!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall,Bringing the Sunshine, Considerings, Finding Ninee, i can say mama, Steps into Parenthood, The Wakefield Doctrine