Saturday, 6 July 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 26-27/2013

I am late to the party as I am normally the first one to go live with the TToT blog hop - even before my dear friend Lizzy. However, it was one of those weeks and today was one of those days. I thought about skipping the blog hop this week but as I am a co-host I think it is my "duty" to be part of this awesome project. And after a week that was sooo busy that I nearly could not catch a breath and a day that took a lot of control from my side I think it will be good to focus on the good things of this week. So, here we go.


1) I am thankful that this day is over and that Sunny is in bed. He was very challenging today and I am beyond spent.

2) I am glad that Sunny always forgives me even if I am a total parenting fail. I yelled at him at lunch because there were so many things all morning that piled to me losing it at some point. I felt (and still feel) so terrible afterwards immediately and apologised numerous times. He is the most forgiving person I know and after his nap he was his happy and lucky self and welcomed me smiling and laughing when I went into his room. It was as if nothing happened and I am so glad about that.

3) I am thankful that Sunny still naps because it gives me time to breathe deeply, calm down and become the relaxed and patient mum ne needs and deserves again. It is just a short time of the day but it helps me to recharge my batteries again. 

4) I had a girls night out yesterday and enjoyed myself a lot. We do it once a month and it is always such a nice escape from our everyday hassle.

5) I love Sam Sparro's Black And Gold. I listened to it yesterday night when I drove home. There are certain songs that I hear and immediately a picture or a certain feeling pops up in my head. It is hard to explain, but maybe you have experienced something like that, too. When I listen to that song I always feel the infinity of space.


6) This week I carefully arranged for some beautiful presents for Sunny's kindergarten teachers. Since there is only one day per week where they are all together I gave them the presents already this week although we still have almost three weeks to go until the summer holidays start. It was just wonderful how happy they were. I love giving presents to others and making them happy! More on the presents and the how-to hopefully soon.

7) This:


Because I needed that tonight! Will share the recipe soon, too! (Edited to add: I posted the recipe here).

8) The lovely weather we had today because it was sunny and warm but not hot and humid. Perfect if you ask me!

9) Do you remember my no. 7 from last week? I told you I do not like to say it loud. Well, as soon as it was online Sunny got sick. However - and this is where the thankfulness comes in - he was only sick for two days (Monday and Tuesday). It was just a minor cold and he could return to kindergarten on Wednesday.

10) I am glad that we have a wonderful PT and SLP for Sunny. It is so good to know that your therapists and you form a good team!








Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

16 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for Girls Night Out! I think they are SO necessary for one's sanity. I go out with a group of friends about once a month, and we eat and talk and laugh for hours.

    I'm also intrigued by your glass of apples. You'll have to tell us what's in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted the recipe! Go for it! :-)

      Delete
    2. I just posted the recipe! Go for it!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh well done you for doing it even though it sounds like you really needed a break! (that's ok, by the way, you're allowed if you need one)

    It's a great song, that one - thanks for reminding me it exists.

    And WOW that drink looks good! Looking forward to the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted the recipe! Try and enjoy! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love you list...and hey, I was later than you to the party! :) Nice job getting it done!

    I love your list, especially the forgiveness on being a parenting failure. We've all been there (I am there often, probably more often than I care to admit!) and PTL that our kiddos are so understanding and forgiving.

    Thanks for sharing your list...I hope tomorrow and the week ahead are better! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! It is always good to hear that I am not alone in failing!

      Here's to a better week - hopefully!

      Delete
  4. Joy,
    I know what you mean about there being weeks when it's just hard to feel thankful after a spent and busy week. That was the type of week I had for the Thankful hop prior to this one. I did not want to do it but was glad I did. I hope you feel better after doing so. I really look forward to hearing the details of your gifts to Sunny's teachers - your projects are always so gorgeous and inspired (and make me realize what a klutz I am with crafts).
    Sorry to hear that Sunny was sick this week but I'm really glad that he was better quickly.
    Most importantly, please know that ALL of us sometimes have a parenting failure - I hate it when I lose it and yell at Tucker. I always feel so bad but he does always forgive me. I promise it's normal to get frustrated with them and our occasional human outbursts will not be what they remember looking back on the year. Really.
    Huge hugs friend. I hope this is a much better week for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, now I had to look up what klutz means! :-) Thank you so much for your compliments! I a not really crafty but sometimes when it is not too challenging it is fun.

      And thank you so much for your kind words regarding my yelling. I still feel bad about it but I try not to think about it too much. :-(

      Hugging you back, my dear! I am not sure the next week will be better though... we'll see! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love your list as always! I agree with number 2, I always feel so guilty when I yell at Sophia.
    3: I wish Sophia napped!
    4: Glad you had a girl's night out, we deserve that! I'm going out this weekend, can't wait!
    7: Oh my gosh! that drink looks soooo good!
    9:Sorry to hear that Sunny got sick but glad that it was not for too long.

    I am also late for the party, been busy but I am going to do it right now, thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sophia does not nap (anymore)? I am so glad my son still does!!!

      I just posted the recipe for the drink, try and enjoy!

      Thank you for your kind comment! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I may not have said it*, but I really like the Two Dayedness of this bloghop... I am here on Sunday afternoon (having worked most of yesterday), but I still get that fun of reading new Comments (like yours) and finding new Posts being published into the evening (Jak tends to show up late on Sundays...like his Posts too).

    (Good to have a night or a day of 'not-work')


    * or I may have said it in every other Comment...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you did mention it :-) but it is something that I love about this hop, too!

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day. Being a host/co-host of something can add some pressure and sense of "duty", which is why I'd tend to shy away myself lol BUT I'm sure everyone would have been understanding BUT I think it's wonderful you took the time to reflect back through the week and share your thankfulness!

    A lot of music evokes memories/scenes in my writing/images in general when I hear them. I think it's fantastic! I will probably share some of those instances in my Soundtrack of Imagination series.

    Good deal for a night out! Those are always great for momentarily forgetting about some issues, relaxing, and enjoying yourself.

    I'm also thankful Sunny was only sick for 2 days and that he is awesomely forgiving. Hopefully that rub off on you in some form. Meaning, I think it's a great lesson to learn even if from a runt :-) Sometimes they make for sneaky unintentional teachers.

    Jak at The Cryton Chronicles & Dreams in the Shade of Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I feel like having the duty, that's right. However, it felt good to compile the list and I was happy that I did when I was finished.

      Soundtrack of imagination serious? That sounds cool, where can I find that?

      Sunny definitely is the best teacher I could have! :-)

      Delete
    2. Where has my anwer gone?? I replied to this one already! Hmpf...

      Yes, you are so right, it is so important to reflect on the good stuff - especially when you are totally stressed out.

      That Soundtrack of Imagination series sounds cool! Where can I find it?

      Sunny is the best teacher I could ever have!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)