Wednesday, 10 July 2013

My farewell presents for Sunny's kindergarten teachers

There are only two more weeks to go until the holidays start and our kindergarten era will be over for good. I am so sad about that. I cannot thank these lovely, beautiful ladies enough for all they did and how they loved and cared for my son. It was beyond just being professional. They always went the extra mile.

Therefore, I really put so much effort in my presents because they deserve the most beautiful and thoughtful things since I owe them so much.

The teachers were over the moon when I gave it to them. One of them said that they had never gotten anything this beautiful before. The other one had to choke back tears when she read my card. They were all so happy and hugged my tight when they said thank you. I would say: mission accomplished! :-)

*****

My presents revolved around the slogan

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

I found it so suitable for our lives and how we handle it, so chose to go with it. I also chose to give away something that they can use and that will not take up too much space (like e.g. a picture in a frame or something. I would never expect a teacher to keep a framed picture of my son).

~~~

The first part of the present was

Oranges Sugar


You can use it for adding orange flavour, like e.g. for strawberries, dessert, hot spiced wine, cake...

Ingredients

- 100 gr sugar
- 2 oranges (only the zests)

I did not buy oranges because I do not know where to get any that are not treated with pesticides at the moment. Therefore, I bought natural orange zest aroma for baking. One package equals one orange.



My glass contained 500 ml and I used twice the amount for one glass.


Directions

Thoroughly mix the ingredients in a bowl and fill into the glass. Close the lid tightly.



I ordered the glasses online and the cool thing about them is that the lid is made of two parts:



Therefore, it was so easy to put the labels inside. It turned out really beautiful.





~~~

Then I made a

Lemon and Sea Salt Hand and Body Scrub


It gives you wonderfully smooth skin and is very nourishing.

Ingredients

- 200 gr sea salt
- 120 gr olive oil
- 3 lemons (only the zests)
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil

I used natural lemon zest aroma for baking again. One package equals one lemon.



My glass contained 750 ml and I used twice the amount for one glass.


Directions

Thoroughly mix the ingredients in a bowl until they blend to a thick paste and fill into the glass.






Put the labels on the glass and - voilá!





~~~

The third present was a store-bought lemon hand care cream. I am not that crafty! ;-)


~~~

I put some beautiful ribbons on the glasses, arranged everything on a beautiful straw tray and wrapped it in transparent film.


~~~

Last but not least I added cards that showed a picture of Sunny with a few lemons and the slogan of my lemon theme. I wrote a very personal message to each teacher and I cried while I did because my heart was heavy yet so grateful.

~~~

The labels were taken from www.jamlabelizer.com. You can choose from a variety of labels. The layouts are given and you just adjust the text and the size. So easy yet so perfectly looking. The labels in my pictures are only dummies for the blog. In reality each teacher got a personalised label with her name and picture on it.

*****

Maybe you like the idea. If you do and want to give it a try please let me assure you that it is so easy it can be done by anyone! Even if you are not crafty at all!

If you have any questions please let me know.








PS: You can find more gift ideas in my post about Christmas presents for the teachers. I also like this idea that Ellen posted on her blog.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my God you are good! I love the presents and thank you so much for sharing the recipes, will definitely try them all.
    I am so glad you are lucky to have such wonderful teachers for Sunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, please give it a try, it is so easy and worth it.

      I am so glad, too, about the teachers, which is why I have a hard time to leave them behind and move on with school :-(

      Delete
    2. I hear that! Fortunately Sophia is going to stay in preschool one more year with the same teachers but her 1 on 1 left and I am very sad, hopefully the new one is just as good. Is Sunny going to kindergarten?

      Delete
    3. He is in kindergarten right now and will go to school in September.

      Our school system here is a bit different from yours. I understand that kids in the US go to preschool, then to kindergarten and then to school, right?

      Here our kids enter kindergarten at age 3 and move on to school at age 6. However, there are some kids who go to preschool before they start school. The preschools are for kids who are supposed to go to school 6 or 12 months later when they are 6 but still miss basic things they need for school. However, going to preschool is not very common, most kids move from kindergarten directly into school.

      Delete
  2. Those are great, Joy - really shows you care for them as people and value the contribution they've made to Sunny's development. I bet they love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At least they said they loved them and from how excited they were I guess it is true!

      Delete
  3. Joy!
    You put my gift cards for Tucker's teachers to shame. What beautiful labels and such a lovely thought! I love the "make lemonade" slogan that you used and love the idea of using it on the cards to Sunny's teachers. I cried when I wrote Tucker's teachers end of year cards, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kristi! I bet your cards were wonderful and cry-worthy, too! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)