Saturday, 15 June 2013

Ten Things of Thankful: week 23-24/2013

Last week I started to co-host in a new blog hop which I really, really love. It is about seeing the good things in life and acknowledging them, something that is ever so often forgotten in everyday life. This is why I am so happy to participate.


Here is this week's Ten Things of Thankful list:

1) Every time Sunny sees me from a distance he runs as fast as he can to get to me. It always makes my heart do a happy dance when I see that he cannot wait to run into my arms <3

2) Listening to my husband reading to Sunny during our bedtime routine. After I make Sunny ready for bed my husband and Sunny snuggle on the floor, Sunny chooses which books he wants my husband to read and while I pick up the room and prepare everything for the night they snuggle and read. It is their special time and when I hear my husband reading my heart leaps. He does that so wonderfully that I could listen to him for hours and Sunny loves it so much.

3) I started reading in bed again before I turn off the lights at night. I haven't done that for years and now I am doing it again and it feels good.

4) I am glad for the weather shifts from hot to cooler again because that gives our home the possibility to cool down again from time to time.

5) I already saw one of our pictures from the photo shoot and was just overwhelmed at how gorgeous it turned out. Cannot wait to see the rest of it!

6) I am so glad that my family and friends accept my son the way he is. I just heard from some people whose kids were rejected from either their family and/or their friends because they had SN and that would totally break my heart. I am glad that everyone around us is tolerant and loves my son! These are things that seem self-evident to me but are not.

7) I am glad that I speak English because it gives me the possibility to connect with people all around the globe.

8) We will have a barbecue again on the weekend and I am really looking forward to that! Last year we rarely barbecued and I swore to myself that we would do it as often as possible this year because I enjoy it so much.

9) I am happy that I joined Facebook some years ago because it is such a good way for me to stay connected with my far away friends. Yay for social media!

10) I love our tall, beautiful trees in the garden because they give us much-needed shade on the hot days and we still get to hang out outside thanks to them. Their branches are thickly adorned with bright green leaves and the sound the wind makes when it caresses them is so soothing and peaceful.









Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

18 comments:

  1. I love that you love this hop so much and am VERY thankful that you speak English with such mastery so you can co-host and spread the joy and goodness further.

    Your #1 and #2 are delicious - I can picture both of them and they are beautiful things to be able to give thanks for.

    You waxed positively poetic about the trees - we have lovely trees near our house but yours sound far better - gorgeous description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I really try my best and it is really good for pracising!

      Our trees are really that beautiful. This year while all of our vegetation was very delayed due to the long winter we were afraid that they might be ill but they are beautiful again. We are so glad!

      Delete
  2. I concur with my esteemed colleague and (our) inspiring Leader (of this here blog hop here), Considerer ... I am glad you are here in these pages. I will say without reservation, that this is one of the blog where I get more from reading the other Posts than I get from writing (my Post).

    ... I can relate to Item #1 in a somewhat distantly related way. Our first dog Ola (her photo on the 'cover' of this post at the Doctrine) used to sit quietly at the window until I came home and waited until I got all the way into the house and then would jump on the couch (at the entry of the living room) and make a sound that was *so* the canine equivalent of "You're home!!!! I'm so glad you're home!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel the same about this blog hop, it is so beneficial to me!

      It sounds awesome what you write about Ola! I love that! <3

      Delete
  3. You have some lovely things here to be thankful for... the image of your husband reading to Sunny at night is heart melting! Yay for good Dads!! The barbeques sound wonderful, and I must admit that I am jealous of your trees... would you care to exchange them for a patch of brown west Texas pastureland? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... no thank you! I guess I could never live in a hot climate like Texas. I can barely stand temperatures above 28 °C... But on the other hand I am sure you have a pool? If yes, this is something I really envy you for!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful. :) Nough said. I really enjoyed your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read before I fall asleep, too. Actually, I usually fall asleep while I'm still reading and drop the book on my chest. Then I jump awake and have to find my place in the book. Sometimes I'll do this two or three times before my husband suggests I give it up and turn off my light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I always fall asleep during reading! Then I wake up, force myself to read until the end of the paragraph and sometimes need several attempts until I manage (or I give in and just stop reading).

      Delete
  6. I am glad there's smart people like you guys who come up with ideas like this. It is important to focus on the good things, it's what gets us through. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is wonderful that you chime in every week! xo

      Delete
  7. Oh I love that your getting a chance to read again before bed and so hope to be able to find time to do this again now. Just been so busy and sadly haven't really had time to lately. Wonderful post and thank you for hosting again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Janine! I am so happy that you take the time to join us every week!

      As for the reading I often only manage to read one page or two before I fall asleep but it is better than nothing! ;-)

      Delete
  8. Joy!
    I love your list. Number one is the very best! Tucker does the same and it always makes me feel like the most important person in the world. Your whole list made me smile and I'm so glad that you speak English as well because I don't speak German and my life is brighter due to having found you. I'm glad you're reading before bed again (something I've given up and now want to reintroduce because it really is so nice). Happy Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful how simple things like our kids running up to us can totally make our days? <3

      Hope you started reading in bed again! Have a wonderful week, my dear friend! xo

      Delete
  9. I can't fall asleep unless I read in bed. My mind won't stop running from thought to thought without a distraction. Glad you are finding time to do it again.
    We have great, big, beautiful trees, too, which makes our yard perfect for playing or sitting most days.
    The image of a little one running to Mama's arms is just precious. They are the best hugs a mother can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I could totally fall asleep in a few seconds as soon as my head hits the pillow but it is the only time of day when I find the time and am relaxed enough to indulge in a story.

      You are so right about those hugs! <3

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)