Here is this week's Ten Things of Thankful list:
1) Every time Sunny sees me from a distance he runs as fast as he can to get to me. It always makes my heart do a happy dance when I see that he cannot wait to run into my arms <3
2) Listening to my husband reading to Sunny during our bedtime routine. After I make Sunny ready for bed my husband and Sunny snuggle on the floor, Sunny chooses which books he wants my husband to read and while I pick up the room and prepare everything for the night they snuggle and read. It is their special time and when I hear my husband reading my heart leaps. He does that so wonderfully that I could listen to him for hours and Sunny loves it so much.
3) I started reading in bed again before I turn off the lights at night. I haven't done that for years and now I am doing it again and it feels good.
4) I am glad for the weather shifts from hot to cooler again because that gives our home the possibility to cool down again from time to time.
5) I already saw one of our pictures from the photo shoot and was just overwhelmed at how gorgeous it turned out. Cannot wait to see the rest of it!
6) I am so glad that my family and friends accept my son the way he is. I just heard from some people whose kids were rejected from either their family and/or their friends because they had SN and that would totally break my heart. I am glad that everyone around us is tolerant and loves my son! These are things that seem self-evident to me but are not.
7) I am glad that I speak English because it gives me the possibility to connect with people all around the globe.
8) We will have a barbecue again on the weekend and I am really looking forward to that! Last year we rarely barbecued and I swore to myself that we would do it as often as possible this year because I enjoy it so much.
9) I am happy that I joined Facebook some years ago because it is such a good way for me to stay connected with my far away friends. Yay for social media!
10) I love our tall, beautiful trees in the garden because they give us much-needed shade on the hot days and we still get to hang out outside thanks to them. Their branches are thickly adorned with bright green leaves and the sound the wind makes when it caresses them is so soothing and peaceful.