Saturday, 8 June 2013

Ten Things of Thankful blog hop

This is really exciting for me! I am joining Lizzy over at Considerings for a new blog hop that she created. It starts today and I am co-hosting it together with some other awesome co-hosts mentioned below!

I decided to ask for being a co-host because I love the idea to actively think of ten things I am thankful for each week. I always try to see the good things in life because sometimes we forget about them in our daily hassle so this is something I can really relate to and why I am so thrilled to be part of this! 

Please join us in the blog hop and let us know what your Ten Things of Thankful are today! You can either link up your post in the link-up tool below or share you list in my comment section if you do not blog. We will go live on Saturday, June 8 at 00:00 (whatever time is local to the particular host - so I guess my blog will be the first to go live! Woo hoo!) and will end at 23:23 on Sunday, June 9, giving everyone plenty of time to join in. You can find more information on the blog hop here. The "rules" for this blog hop are stated under the banner.


Without further ado, here is my first Ten Things of Thankful list:

1) We finally have sunny and warm weather!! How we all craved for it! Hopefully it will be here to stay!

2) We had our annual photo shoot this week. As always, it has made me so happy and I am still so full of joy.

3) I am thankful that we live in a place of the world where we have access to food and water.

4) I am going to go on an arts and crafts market this weekend and so much looking forward to it. They always sell the most beautiful things there!

5) I had a girls night out this week and it was so much fun!

6) I was never a huge fan of baking but since both my husband (always was) and my son (started some months ago) are obsessed with cakes I found some kind of joy in baking every weekend for them.

7) Sunny recently discovered that blankets are great for making a tunnel. And so he wants me to come into his tunnel with him and now we spend a lot of time in bed, in a blanket tunnel where we just cuddle, look at books and have fun. Such a new and wonderful thing to spend time with my boy!

8) I bought me a new camera. I love taking pictures and my old one is starting to do odd things every now and then. I guess it is about to break soon and this week I found a great camera for a very good and reduced price.

9) I am glad that the flood that is raging in Europe at the moment did not severly hit us this time. I just hope that everyone else who is affected will be safe soon!

10) We went to hippo therapy again this week and it always makes me so happy to see how much Sunny enjoys the ride on his pony. It is one his most favourite things to do and he alway looks forward to it so much! I think he would go for a ride each day if I let him! ;-)


And now it is your turn! :-)








Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts

Loading InLinkz ...

24 comments:

  1. Woo hoo you go girl with your first Hosting! Of course I am in. I will be back to read your list after I do mine so I don't steal any of your thankfuls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri, thank you so much for everything!! I truly appreciate that, my sweet friend!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey, I love your idea of using blankets as tunnels. Thanks for co-hosting and I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did and I am already looking forward to next week! Thank YOU for coming up with the idea!

      Delete
  3. hey guys! great start with the hop.

    nice list, good start over there (on the other side of the pond, as they say).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks clark, it was definitely exciting!

      Delete
  4. New follower from the Things of Thankful link up! :)

    Oh ponies are so therapeutic! I own a pony myself and when I need to just relax and unwind, I go out and stroke his face and mane. There is just something about a horse that is special in that way. I have heard it has to do with the sweat they secrete... but who knows!

    Lana, The Little Bitty Farmer
    http://lana88blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lana,

      Thank you so much for your comment! :-)

      You described the relaxation that comes with a pony so wonderfully, I can totally relate to that! The thing about their sweat is really interesting.

      Delete
  5. There are weather disasters everywhere, aren't there? We have tornadoes. Glad you've escaped the flooding.

    And lucky you, you got to be first to go live with the blog hop! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dyanne, it was really exciting!

      I hope the tornadoes passed you by and nothing serious happened!

      Delete
  6. Hi, I love reading about your son. My daughter just made a tent the other day. I am thankful she is still into tunnels and tents at 10.

    http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-first-ten-things-of-thankful-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mary,

      Thank you so much for your comment!

      I love that your daughter is still into tents and tunnels, too! Isn't it wonderful how "small stuff" like that makes our kids happy?

      Delete
  7. I love your list and so with you on the new camera (I got one for Mother's Day) and we too are finally getting nicer, warmer, sunnier weather here, as well. Thank you for hosting and so happy to be able to linkup with you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine, thank you so much for your comment!

      The camera is awesome and still makes me so happy. Which one did you get?

      Looking forward to seeing you again this Saturday! xo

      Delete
  8. YAY for the tunnel equaling a milestone accomplished. Awesome. Oh and you know I love cake. Lastly I did not get the invite for girls night out :) But I am so glad you had a fabulous week. I love this idea of reflecting on the things we are thankful for this week rather than obsessing about the difficulties. Enjoy the craft fair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kerri xoxo

      I would totally send you one of my cakes if it survived the trip!! :-)
      And what I wouldn't give for a girls night out with you! *sigh*

      The craft fair was a bit disappointing because I was searching for something special that I did not find. There will be another one in September and I hope that I will get it there.

      Delete
  9. i am a pessimist. but, i am encouraged by your blog hop to make a list of things i am thankful for! this is going to be quite the challenge for me! is this going to happen again next week? i'll try to have a list ready by then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes PLEASE Misty, you have to join us! The blog hop will happen every Saturday and if you start today with collecting the good stuff each day I am sure even a pessimist like you will have a list by Saturday! xoxo

      Delete
  10. What a great list, Joy! Awesome to Sunny making blanket tunnels - we do that too and it's such fun. Especially on a rainy day when time stands still indoors. So glad that you got your photo shoot this week! I'm sure they will turn out beautifully. Also? I just got a new camera too! Such fun!
    Happy weekend, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristi!

      Which camera did you get? I was thinking about a DSLR but I know I will not take it with me if it is too bulky so I decided to buy a smaller one.

      I love that you doo blanket tunnels, too! xo

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed reading your thankful list! It was very original and outside the box!
    If you would like to follow my blog its www.jamiedimmitt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Jamie!

      I will check out your blog! Thanks for providing the link!

      Delete
  12. Yay for warm weather! Congrats on your new camera- new toys are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)