Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Recipe: Lukewarm pasta with cubed tomatoes and mozzarella cheese

I was asked to share some of my recipes with you and I decided to do it from time to time. I love to cook quick yet delicious dishes that are not complicated. So I am sure you will find something that you can try without getting all stressed out over a complicated recipe. I like to keep it plain and simple.

Let me preface this by saying that I am no food blogger and am not intending to become one. I do not have the time to stage the pictures to go with a recipe like arranging the ingredients on twee little chopping boards, sprinkle some spicery here and there and add beautifully wrapped up silverware with lovely ribbons to make them look like they were taken from a cook book. I snap away the pictures while I cook so they are what they are - pictures quickly taken during cooking with no extra bells and whistles. The pics are only there to accompany the recipes for a better understanding (or if I fail to explain something).

Please also note that I am posting the recipes with European scales. I kindly ask you to do the conversions yourself. There are a lot of helpful links on the internet to do that and I am confident you will find out the right amount of ingredients ;-)

If there is anything unclear please do not hesitate to ask me.


So, here we go with my first recipe. It does not have a real name so I called it 

Lukewarm pasta with cubed tomatoes and mozzarella cheese


It is perfect for hot summer days where you do not feel like eating anything cooked but are still hungry for more than a sandwich. It is really the perfect summer dish which I cook frequently when it is hot.

Ingredients (serves 2-3 people, depending on their appetite)

- 400 gr Italian pasta (I always use Tortiglioni)
- 7 big tomatoes
- 1 ball (125 gr) mozzarella cheese
- Pepper
- Salt
- Olive oil
- Basil
- Parmesan cheese


Directions

Bring the water for cooking the pasta to a boil. When it boils, put the pasta in and add salt to season it.


Chop the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese into small cubes.




Put them in a large bowl (large enough that you can add the pasta after it is finished). Add olive oil to the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese until you get a smooth kind of "sauce" (the olive oil blends with the liquid of the tomatoes).


Season with salt, pepper, a lot of chopped basil and a lot of parmesan cheese to your liking.


As soon as the pasta is al dente pour the water, add the hot pasta to the bowl and stir delicately until the pasta blends with the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese. Serve immediately.


Enjoy your meal!







5 comments:

  1. Joy,
    This looks absolutely delicious and I do believe that even I can make it (now I am very hungry though)! Thank you for sharing! I'll bet it would be good with shrimp as well. MMMM. Ok I'm so going to make this and send you a photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, shrimp sounds awesome to go with it, you are right! Please do make it and share your picture! xoxo

      (PS: I thought of you when I posted it... I thought "This is so easy, even Kristi can do it!" Hope you don't mind!)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I'll try it on a hot summer day ;-) - hopefully next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! You will not regret it! xoxo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)