Friday, 21 June 2013

Five Minute Friday: Rhythm

This is my first post this week. The week has been beyond busy with dozens of appointments and things on my to do list. Real life got in the way of blogging! ;-) Today will not be better so this is just a short note from my end of the world to let you all know why I was/am in some sort of involuntary hiatus.

I am also sorry that I have not gotten back to everyone on the last Thankful blog post yet. I hope I will be able to do so at some point this weekend. Tomorrow there will be another round of the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop which will definitely take place on my blog. My draft for the post is almost finished. So I really hope to see you then!



However, today is Friday which means it is time to link up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again. One of the things I love about FMF is that it does not take too much time because you are only supposed to write for five minutes! Five minutes is a time that I need to get squeezed in somehow. 


Rhythm...

GO

Some years ago a rhythm was added to my life that has been defining my own rhythm ever since. It was your heartbeat when I carried you in my womb. It was your first cry when you made your entrance into my world. It was the rhythm of sleep, eat, and play when we came home from the hospital and settled into our new routine. It was your first laugh while you lay under the mobile hanging above your changing table. It was the chronology of appointments that defined our days, our week, our years.  It was my cheering and clapping when you were able to sit unsupported for the first time. It was the sound of your tiny little feet when you finally started to walk.

Your rhythm has become mine even before you were born. And I just know that our rhythms will always be in sync.  

STOP


10 comments:

  1. Love this. So true. I love the way you wrote this.

    I have a four month old and we do "Eat, play, sleep" also! I always refer to it as a "rhythm." :) It really is a miraculous thing for the newborn days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachael! Awww, a four month old! Does s/he still have that sweet newborn smell? I just love that!

      Delete
  2. Dear Joy
    I like to say that our children will always live in a world in our hearts and just there, our hearts will always beat in rhythm. It does not matter if they have grown up or are still young.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! xo

      Delete
  3. Aw Joy. You might have only connected once this week with the world of blog but what a fabulous post. I think Sunny is in sync with you and what fabulous music he makes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks huge Kerri! Your words are so wonderful! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Oh Joy, I love this. So well said - I love the line that Sunny's rhythm has become yours even before he was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi! I am sure you can relate too! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Just simply beautiful! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment! Wishing you a wonderful weekend, too!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)