Friday, 14 June 2013

Five Minute Friday: Listen



It is Friday which means it is time to link up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again. 


Listen...

GO

Sunny loves the birds and, therefore, it is one of his most favourite things to listen to. And I listen to them, too, because it makes me happy when he is happy. I listen to my son's voice when he imitates them and I listen when he laughs his sweet, infectious laugh. I also listen to his cries when is not well and I try my best to help him.

But, in our house, listening is not limited to the ears. We listen with everything else, too.

I listen with my eyes when he tells me without any words that he needs me, that he loves me. I listen with my hand when his tiny hand slips into mine. I listen with my skin when I feel his body next to mine. I listen with my heart when I feel the deepest love that I ever felt in my life. I listen with my feet when we walk next to each other peacefully. I listen with my arms when I carry him around. I listen with my neck when I feel his warm breath as he snuggles closely. I listen with my back when I pretend that I am a horse and he jumps around on me and makes his horse sound. I listen with my mouth as I kiss his sweet lips.

Whatever you say, however you say it. I will always be there to listen to you.

STOP


9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, and such a wonderful love. I need to remember to listen to the birds more. :) Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Enjoy their songs! And thanks for your kind commment!

      Delete
  2. :) Sweet mama love. I love to see the hearts of so many mamas linked up today, all saying the same thing... that we can hear our children's love and want to be present in their lives. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joy
    I jumped over to your "About" page and as I was reading, I thought that this is a mamma who knows how to listen with her whole being!!
    Much love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and so true. Listening with your whole body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to read and so true.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)