Friday, 14 June 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: The hardest part about my day



This week's sentence to finish is:

The hardest part about my day is... 

... to catch up on everything. I feel like I am trying to catch up the whole day, 24/7/365. I am catching up on chores, the laundry, cleaning, all things office-related (like insurance stuff, handling the mail or doing the tax declaration), driving to appointments with my son, and blogging. Yes, blogging, too.

As much as I got to enjoy blogging there is also a "dark side" to it. It sometimes gets overwhelming to squeeze it in between everything else piling up in my life. It is not only the writing. It is answering comments (which is something I love because I love comments), visiting all the other blogs I follow, commenting there, following posts that I am interested in, participating in blog hops (which I love, too), reading everyone's posts, commenting on them.... I sometimes just do not know when to do it.

I feel bad when I link up on a blog hop and I do not find the time to visit all the other blogs linking up with me. But it is just not possible to squeeze it all in. The weekends are always very busy because Sunny is home from kindergarten which means I rarely get some time alone while he is here. It also means that I am exhausted in the evenings and while blogging in a foreign language is really fun (and something I deliberately decided to do) it is also much more laborious what with the words you do not know and have to look up first or phrases you could shoot out in a second in your mother tongue but have to twist and turn in order for them to make sense in a foreign language. It just takes longer and more brain power from me; something I am not always capable anymore in the evenings. And as soon as the week starts again there is so much to do and to catch up with (again!) that getting to all the posts I missed is sometimes impossible. So please let me apologise if you feel that I neglect your blog. It is not at all my intention and I would love to read each and every blog post out there because I care for you.

I was not even sure if I should proceed linking up with FTSF because of what I wrote above. But since I really enjoy this blog hop I decided to link up again today. 

Another hard part about my day is when Sunny has a bad night, so it is a hard part about my night really. At the moment he is in a phase (again; he has good and bad sleeping phases in regular intervals) where he sleeps badly every night and wakes up in the mornings between 4:30 and 5:00. Exhausting, I can tell you. You could also say that the hard part of the night makes the following day one hard part altogether. If that makes sense.


But in order to not come across as whiny and discontent please come back tomorrow for another round of the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop which started last week! You will then read what I am thankful for - no matter how hard my day is!


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Please don't feel bad, I think we all have those days and seriously just happy you could link up with us again. Believe me though, I can relate so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine, that's good to know! :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I hear you! I love the world of blog but worry that I am not keeping up my end of the bargain. I think you do awesome by the way. Especially on no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kerri! We had another awful night last night... :-/

      Delete
  3. Blogging takes up SOOOOOO much time. It is always impossible to read every post in a link up/blog hop and I totally get your frustrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that so many of you can relate!

      Delete
  4. The social media part of blogging is such a time sucker. So necessary to stay on top of things and I love finding people - I FOUND YOU (well maybe you found me but I am so glad and without blogging, we would still be strangers). You do a really good job and I love you and your blog. So rough that Sunny wakes up so early. Hugs and rest to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi, the last night was awful again *sigh* Well, at some point it will get better again, I know that, but until then...

      Yeah, and so glad we found each other! :-)

      Delete
  5. I have to say, I am consistently blown away that you blog (and so well) in your second language. It does take a lot of time though, especially when you have a great deal of integrity and anything less than total commitment (e.g. to responding to posts) is quite painful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful praise! I really appreciate that!

      I see that you totally get what I mean.

      Delete
  6. yeah totally with you on the 'not enough time; effect encountered by those of us who do the blog thing.

    It's funny you mention the Comments. I so like Comments that I will (try) to always Reply, because the fact that someone took the time to not only read my Post, but actually write something is too valuable to not return the courtesy.

    Now then again, there is a matter of scheduling and logistics... lol I am a big fan of FTSF and I am a big fan of Considerer who started the 10 Grat Hop you mention, so I am on board with that one. And while I believe my friends who tell me about how they get ahead of the crush by writing Posts in advance, I am one of those last minute people.

    So..I better go and get started on tomorrow Post.
    enjoyable post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about the comments which is why I usually respond to each of them.

      Scheduling posts is something I have done from time to time, too. But it is not always possible to schedule a post (e.g. if you want to write something off your chest that just happened) and scheduling posts still does not help when it comes to getting back to everyone else. And if you always schedule your posts you do not really save time because when your are always ahead say, 3 days, there is no difference anymore to always blog and then publish immediately. If that makes sense to you.

      Anyway, something I always schedule is the Thankful blog hop post because I collect all things I am thankful for in a week and every time I am thankful I write it into my draft immediately. Then I do not have to think so hard on Friday what I was thankful for all week but am done before it goes live.

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)