Friday, 24 May 2013

Five Minute Friday: View



Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again. 


View...

GO

I watch him. He sits on the floor with his back to me. He is immersed in his book, the one that he loves so much. He skims through it quietly. I trace his body with my eyes. Notice his upright back, something he worked on so hard. I see the tender skin of his neck and I know exactly how soft and warm it is when I kiss it or nuzzle my face in there. I see the back of his head, adorned by his gorgeous hair with cheeky curls pointing in different directions.

Since my son was a tiny baby I have always loved to watch him from behind. He always seemed to be even more fragile from this point of view, making my heart overflow with love.

STOP


6 comments:

  1. beautiful picture created with your words. i wonder what it is that gives him the increased appearance of fragility from that view. any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely observations - it's clear that you love him dearly.
    Children are a joy to watch especially when they do not know you are watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they wonderful? I still stare at my Bunny in awe.
    In from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Joy, this is so precious! Should be printed up in fancy calligraphy and framed or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all your lovely commments! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)