Friday, 10 May 2013

Five Minute Friday: Comfort



Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again. 


Comfort...

GO

Sunny loves to run but he is still very unstable. I see him running towards me, eagerly trying to reach me as soon as he can, beaming with joy. He stumbles and falls. I see that he hurt himself and run over and scoop him up. He buries his head in my shoulder for a brief moment. I take him on my lap and hold him close, trying to comfort him, but he wiggles himself out of my arms. Somehow it is hard for him to be comforted and although he hurts my touch and my embrace are too close for him in this very moment. My heart cracks a little because comforting my son when he got hurt is in my instincts as it is probably in the instinct of any mom and not being allowed to follow this instinct and be there for him when he hurts makes me sad. So I sing to him, knowing this is the kind of comfort he allows me to give him.

STOP


4 comments:

  1. Love this, Joy. Speaking as one whom you have comforted...it doesn't take touch. It is just you being present. Thank you, friend for the comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I know that separation. It's hard. Sometimes I really yearn for those days when my girls would let me love on them more. Nothing quite that sweet. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quick embrace followed by song...I feel your heart for wanting to comfort more by your touch, but I was moved by how you also knew exactly what comfort to give. Happy Mother's Day to you. I have no doubt you bless your little one with much comfort and love.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)