Friday, 3 May 2013

Five Minute Friday: Brave

Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again. 


Brave...

GO

Some people tell me that I am brave. That they do not know how I do it. That they do not know if they could be so brave and so strong. This is something I always struggle with.

I do not consider myself extra brave or extra strong. I am just a SN mom and so I do what is necessary and what comes naturally when you have such a special duty in your life. I root for my son. I take care of his needs although sometimes it is exhausting. I always try to foster him as good as possible. I love him endlessly and unconditionally. I celebrate every milestone, every inchstone. I wish for the moon and the stars for his life. I ask for rainbows and cotton candy and fireworks as a celebration of his beautiful soul. I know he will never disappoint me.

Is this bravery? Or just a matter of course? To me, it is the latter. And somehow it makes me sad that anyone could think it is the first.

STOP


6 comments:

  1. "I celebrate... every inchstone."

    I love that expression - as a teacher of children with disabilities, as a big sister to two, as a misso working in a resistant place, I get that...

    thank you for giving me a new expression.

    thank you for the lifestyle of God-gifted brave you are choosing to live. don't let it make you sad that others think you brave - they are just seeing God living through you and don't recognize it as Him.

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Richelle! I love that you work with children with special needs!

      Delete
  2. You always say the perfect thing, in another language no less, in 5 minutes! I think it more of being a mom than being brave. At least when people comment to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerri, I was sure you would understand it completely, as always! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)