Friday, 24 May 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: Why I blog


This week's sentence to finish is:

I blog because... 

...  I was searching for a community that does not exist in my real life. Because there is no place where we really fit in. And I am so glad I found it because of blogging.

... blogging is fun. It is a great way to find new, funny, and interesting stuff and people all around the world. Blogging makes my small living room a big bar full of lovely people (because I only meet those I like) where we can connect and chat away for hours.

... it is a great outlet to vent or to share my frustrations - and also to share the good stuff and the things that make me happy. Because sharing the bad things makes them only half bad while sharing the good things makes them twice as good.

... it helps me practicing my English.

... it has become my kind of journal. Since I was a teenager I always had a journal but when I got older I neglected writing more and more. Now I wish I had kept all those lost memories. Then I tried to write a journal on my computer but I found it hard to do it consistently. With the blog I somehow feel "compelled" to write on a regular basis which is a good thing because it helps me keep all the memories and things that are important to me.

... it helps me to think about stuff I maybe would never think about. Like finishing those Friday sentences for example. ;-) Or dealing with a subject that is buried deep inside me and blogging makes me think about it while I write. Very often the thoughts spill directly from my brain into my fingers.

... I found some really good friends and amazing people in this big, wide blogosphere (like here, here or here for example, just to name a few; there are so many more of you!). They get what I mean and their comments always brighten my day (like all the other comments do, too!).

... blogging is the best time sucker in the history of mankind. There is nothing more efficient when it comes to getting around cleaning the kitchen than getting completely lost in the gazillion of blogs on my blog list and to follow the links on their blogs. It is like going down a huge, gigantic black hole. It is so massive that it even swallows every sound. However, it does not come in so handy when you really have no time to waste but you want to read just one more update and just one more message or answer one more comment. Ugh.

... in the end, it is all Kristi's fault! Because I stumbled upon her blog and thought - in a split second - that I needed to have my own blog in order to connect with other parents in similar situations. Thank you so much Kristi, for motivating me to blog without even knowing it! xoxo


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!



13 comments:

  1. stopping by from FTSF, great reasons to blog and I totally agree. I love knowing I am not alone and we all share ideas and activities. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will hopefully find the time to check your blog soon! :-)

      Delete
  2. HA! I didn't know we could blame Kristi for stuff...but I think it's great that we all find laughter and comfort here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) You can definitely blame her for the stuff you find here!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the shout-out to Kristi and think we all had that one person to suck us in for sure. And your reasons for blogging sound so much like my own and just thank you for sharing and once again linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of bloggers share the same reasons why they blog. These are the reasons why we love it so much!

      Delete
  4. Joy, my sweet awesome friend Joy,
    I'm not sure if I should say that I'm so very glad that you decided to start a blog in a split second - because I am so very very glad that you did and that I've gotten to know you because of it. You're a true friend who understands things about my world that my own family doesn't. ORrrrr.....maybe I should apologize because you are right that blogging can be a huge gigantic time-sucking black hole. In the end though, I think the time is worth it. Our words will live forever, right?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I never thought about the "legacy aspect" of blogging, but that is really a very good reason! I am also planning of having a book printed of my blog after my first year as a keepsake to myself. I am already checking out where to have it done.
      BTW, I missed you on my blog this week! xoxo

      Delete
  5. while I wrote my blog for a fair while before coming upon the FTSF blog hop (Janine and Kate and Stephanie and Dawn and....today Kristi), participating in this weekly event has greatly widened my blogistic horizons.

    I really can't imagine how (or under what circumstances) I would ever meet such a diverse and gifted people as I have on these pages. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that, clark. I never would have stumbled across your blog but I am glad I did!

      Delete
  6. I feel your pain about not having a community in the neighborhood. We've moved so much, it was hard to stay connected to ppl around us. But bloggers...you can go anywhere in the world and stay connected. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, isn't it?! I love the internet!! It is one of the best inventions ever!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)