Friday, 17 May 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: When I was younger, I wanted to



This week's sentence to finish is:

When I was younger, I wanted to... 

become a vet. You know, like all the other little girl do. Oh, what a great vet I would become! I would help and cure all the injured and sick animals. I knew it. This was going to be epic and I would be the best vet ever! :-)

Photo credits


Some time later, the dream of becoming a vet faded and was replaced by something much more exciting. I wanted to become either an actress or a singer. Or even both. Either way I would be a star! I knew it and I was sure about that. I practiced singing and dancing at home. Well, turns out I was not, um, really talented for any of those things and after some time the bubble burst.

Photo credits


Then, in my teenage years, I finally found what I thought was my calling! I wanted to become an astronomer! I have always been very interested in the stars, the space, planets, nebulas, and comets, all that stuff. I dreamed of working at a space observatory, looking through huge telescopes and discovering new stars or solar systems. Maybe one of my discoveries would even be named after me! I dreamed of this:

Photo credits

Photo credits

However, as I grew older I found out that astronomers are normally astrophysicists and that in order to do what I dreamed of I also needed to understand things like this:

Photo credits

And there was NO WAY I would EVER understand physics!! Sad but true.


So this girl decided to get herself an office job and lived happily ever after! ;-)


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!








PS: Sunny will now be home for two weeks because of the Whitsun/Pentecost holidays. We will see how blogging goes during this time. 

22 comments:

  1. I too ended up working in offices. I still wish I'd have chosen a more exciting career though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually took higher level math courses to become a math teacher and when I would see equations like that I would cringe. Thankfully, I somehow got through, but still so happy I never did have to use those equations or teach anything that insanely difficult!! Thanks for linking up with us again, Joy and hope you have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always a total failure at math, although I really tried so hard. Thank YOU for providing the possibility to link up! :-)

      Delete
  3. stopping by from FTSF, I love this! As we grow our dreams and aspirations change and you nailed. Along the way I wanted to be a fashion designer, interior decorator, and a police officer but didn't want to do the work that was involved in that, lol.

    Sounds you are happy and that is what counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you had exciting things on your list, too! Yes, I am happy with my decisions and this is what is important. Hope you are, too!

      Delete
  4. Yes, our choices are sometimes limited by what they make you do to get there. Who would ever want to do math problems like those? My young grandson wants to be a robber so he doesn't have to learn to read. The great thing is there is something for everyone. It's all a matter of finding your niche and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, that thing about the robber is... very creative! ;-) I hope he finds a bit of a less dangerous career! :-)

      Delete
  5. There were some things on my early days list of what I want to be when I grow up but I to narrow it down to stuff that had nothing to do with math.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, maths was so NOT on my list either! I really was so bad at math (and physics, come to think of it).

      Delete
  6. OOOH I wanted to be a vet, too. And a star. Yet, funny...I ended up getting an office job as well and also living happily ever after. I guess sometimes our callings find us. Love it!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up with #FTSF this week! I <3 our vet! A singer/actress/rockstar should be on everyone's list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it IS on most kid's list, tee hee!

      Delete
  8. lol excellant postation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks clark! Will hopefully find the time to check out your take on FTSF soon!

      Delete
  9. So funny! The "happily ever after" is the best part! An astronomer would have been cool too, it's not too late for The Voice you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! The guys of The Voice would kick me out of the building! ;-)

      Delete
  10. I think I like my SAHM job. No office politics. Definitely don't miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Office politics are something I can totally do withoug, you are so right! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  11. I love your eclectic choices! Astrophysics, holy moly, my brain can't wrap around that. haha

    Join me for my I Don't Like Mondays Blog Hop! Would love to have your writing there! :)

    http://modmombeyondindiedom.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-i-dont-like-mondays-blog-hop_19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invitation and your comment, I linked up today for the first time!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)