Friday, 3 May 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: Stuck on an island



This week's sentence to finish is:

If I were stuck on an island, I would like to have...

... my laptop and a good internet connection. Because some days I already feel like I am stuck on an island and social media is my umbilical cord to the world.
... electricity.
... a fridge, a freezer and always plenty of the good stuff to eat. I mean, I love fish and seafood, but not 24/7/365, you know? Every now and then I need a good steak or some vegetables.
...  a snow machine because as much as I like good weather and sunshine I also crave for the other seasons. Sunshine the whole year would really be boring!
... all my loved ones with me. I would miss them terribly and I guess we would have plenty of time to do all the things that we rarely have time for at home.
... an ice hockey stadium and the players to go with because I really enjoy watching ice hockey games.
... my bed. It is the most comfy, cozy, soft bed I ever slept in and I would REALLY miss it!
... my pillow. Because I cannot really sleep without it.
... some kind of insect killer because I despise everything that crawls or flies (butterflies and bees excluded) and has more than 4 feet!
... my flip flops! I hate it when I have sand in my shoes. Therefore, flip flops are the best for the beach! Just imagine I would have to wear boots! *gasp*
... my favourite mineral water because I am a totally untalented when it comes to crafting or stuff like that and I would probably die of thirst.

... you know what? I could go on and on with my list and I just realised once again that I am a spoiled wimp so I just really DO hope that I will NEVER get stuck on an island! I would be LOST!


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!




18 comments:

  1. LOVE This post... I was thinking about that then just wanted off the island...I would just be freaking out all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I would be completely lost! :-)

      Delete
  2. Totally a spoiled wimp here too and laughed at that, because I really need so much of modern amenities that I am not sure how I would survive without them. Thanks as always for linking up with us and hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine, I am so glad there are plenty of us spoiled wimps out there! High five!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you should just bring the island to your house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrye, this is the best idea EVER! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I'm a wimp, too, especially when it comes to things with more than 4 legs. And haha to the mineral water because you'd die of thirst and how you tied that into sucking at crafts. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that I would have to build something to catch rain water and I know I would be a total failure at that!

      Delete
  5. I am such a wimp too. But I would have that cabana boy I am sure he would be able to find water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cabana boy!! Should have thought about THAT! You are much smarter than I am!

      Delete
  6. I love this! I can totally relate to the bug thing (in fact, I wrote my whole post about it!) and the sand in the shoes- yuck! Also the laptop and wireless... what can I say? I'm addicted to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should start a support group for addicts of all things technical?

      Delete
  7. "...a snow machine because as much as I like good weather and sunshine I also crave for the other seasons. Sunshine the whole year would really be boring!"

    Now that is just sick! (lol) snow? aiyee!

    (Actually your Post as triggered a long repressed memory of winter and living on an island as a child...stuck in the snow with the last Ferry of the night about to leave...)
    tho I do agree you with (and the others) re: the non-desirability of multi-legged creatures which seem to love the tropical climates... def hammock and mosquito nets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow clark, I am impressed that you dislike multi-legged creatures, too! Most men I know do not care about spiders or bugs.

      Delete
  8. haha, snow machine AND flip-flops... you really thought this one through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you are right, I did not take that into account.... guess I better stay of that island anyway!

      Delete
  9. LOL, your list cracked me up. I said, "You might as well stay here and go on vacation." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely prefer that from living on the island! :-)

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)