Friday, 31 May 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: My favourite movie




A crazy day is slowly coming to an end and it is finally time to finish that sentence.



This week's sentence to finish is:

My favourite movie of all times is... 

... a question that I cannot answer easily. Because there are a lot of movies that I like.


First of all: I finally got to watch "The Sound Of Music" and while I found it kind of nice because I recognised some of the locations where it was filmed on my trip last year in reality it was a bit too much singing for me (although I do like films where the characters sing). However, it has not become my favourite movie.


My first favourite movie was Logan's Run. I saw it when I was a little girl (as I looked up the youtube video now I was wondering whether it was educationally a good film for a girl my age... hm...) and immediately fell in love with the main character, Michael York. I even cut out the part from our TV guide where the movie was described (because back then we did not have a VHS recorder) and I kept it on my bedside table so that I could always look at his beautiful face.



Then, more than a few year later, I loved all the movies about growing up, teen problems and stuff like that. I absolutely LOVED "The Breakfast Club" and fell immediately in love with one of the main characters, Judd Nelson (see a pattern here? ;-) ) He was the coolest guy EVER!



There were others movies of that era I really liked like Pretty in Pink...



Oh, and I really liked "Some Kind Of Wonderful", I found it soo romantic!



Another of my big movie loves is Grease (but only the original Grease movie, the first one)! I really really love the music and can sing along with most of the songs, I guess!



But my favourite movie of all times is definitely Dirty Dancing!! I saw it in the movie theatre when I was about 14 and I fell immediately in love with the main character, Patrick Swayze (no surprise here, I guess...)! I really felt that the movie was something so special and it was one out of (if I remember correctly) only three movies that I saw twice in a movie theatre. And I still love to watch it today whenever it is on TV. Needless to say that I have it on DVD, too. :-)






Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!


14 comments:

  1. Oh, you listed all great movies and so loved all, especially Dirty Dancing and will never forget, "Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner!!" Thanks as always for linking up with us and hope you have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the synchronised German version Johnny says "My baby belongs to me" instead and I found that so weird! The original text fits so much better!

      Delete
  2. Grease was fun. But in spite of being an 80's child, I just never saw Dirty Dancing until it was far too late, and by then the magic was all gone :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, what a shame! You totally missed out on something!

      Delete
  3. You had me at the (juxtaposition) of Sound of Music and Logans Run

    lol very enjoyable Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It was really fun to write!

      Delete
  4. And this is why we are besties! Danny Zuko AND Judd Nelson...swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this is so crazy! I skimmed over you post quickly yesterday, will now hop over and read it thoroughly!

      Delete
  5. I used to watch the series of Logan's Run when I was a kid, but I don't remember it being a movie. Funny timing re: Pretty in Pink. I think my post tomorrow will be a "Pretty in Pink Quinoa Salad." I made it today and beets are one of the ingredients - I was hoping if I tossed them in at the last minute, they wouldn't color everything. When I saw that it did, I decided to call it Pretty in Pink. :) [#FTSF]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I did not know there was a series called Logan's Run! Maybe it never made its way across the ocean!

      That Pretty in Pink quinoa sounds awesome! Great idea! :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh! Joy!! Yes to Dirty Dancing, The Breakfast Club, Some Kind of Wonderful, Grease and Pretty In Pink. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of them and they remind me so much of highschool and college. However, I have never seen Logan's Run. That's bad, and now I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Logan's Run is pretty cool although it is so old. Some years ago I bought it on DVD because I wanted to see it again after all these years and both my husband and I (still) liked it.

      Delete
  7. Dirty Dancing is one of my all time faves as well. I saw it multiple times in the theater and owned the album (yes, vinyl) and still play it occasionally. I even went to see the concert tour they put together and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i blame Dirty Dancing on my absolute love of soundtracks! no one has mentioned Footloose! i love that movie and wasn't too disappointed with the recent remake. oh, and ET, the first movie i can ever remember watching in the theater and still makes me cry like a baby all these years later!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)