Wednesday, 24 April 2013

In love with the Liebster Award!

I was recently nominated for another lovely Liebster Award by Chris over at HyeThyme Café! Chris and I "met" at one of the blog hops I jump on from time to time. And just as Chris wrote in her post I was totally unaware that she was even following me. So this was a really sweet surprise for me! Thank you so much, Chris!

You should really check out her blog because she posts the most awesome (mostly) Armenian recipes and one day I will dare to try to cook one. American recipes are always challenging for me due to the different scale units in Europe and the USA.


Here are the rules as posted by Chris: 

1. Answer 11 questions posed by the blogger bestowing the honor
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award along to 11 additional fellow bloggers
4. Pose a set of 11 questions to those bloggers

Okay, so let's start!


Here are the questions of Chris:

1. Do you have any food allergies?  If yes, to what? No, fortunately not!
2. Who has been the most influential person in your life, and how?  I would say it is my mother. Because she is my role model for raising kids with love and modesty.
3. Have you ever had a supernatural experience of some sort?  If yes, explain. I don't know if it was supernatural. But sort of, yes. At least in my opinion. The father of one of my best friends had cancer and one day I was in the kitchen doing the dishes. I suddenly felt the urge to call her and ask her how her dad was doing. I called her immediately and when she answered the phone she told me that her dad had just died some minutes ago. I was shocked, of course, and I still ask myself why I felt the need to call her all of a sudden. I somehow felt that something was wrong.
4. What first inspired you to start your blog? You can read about that here.
5. What is your favorite time of day, and why? The evening, when Sunny is in bed. I cuddle up on the sofa with a blanket and just enjoy some time for myself.
6. What is your favorite holiday, and why? I would say Christmas. We do not celebrate the other holidays as much as we celebrate Christmas and I love the atmosphere of that time and the magic that my son finally felt for the first time last year
7. Have you ever researched your genealogy?  If so, find anything interesting? Not yet. It was always something I wanted to do. One day when everything elso on my to do list is checked off. ;-)
8. Can you connect yourself to Kevin Bacon by 6 Degrees of Separation??  :) Um, actually I never really tried. Maybe I should? ;-) Can you, Chris?
9. What is your favorite movie, and why? It is still Dirty Dancing (hangs head in shame) because it reminds me of my carefree days as a teenager.
10. What is your earliest memory? When I was in kindergarten.
11. Who is your favorite author, and why? I like the books of Sujata Massey because she writes about Japan, a country I always wanted to visit.


Next: 11 random facts about myself.

1. I love watching television, but I never watch TV during the day.
2. I recently saw a video on Youtube and thought that the description for Germans was pretty good. Wondering if the description for Americans is suitable, too?
3. Whenever I get flowers I have to throw them away immediately because my husband is allergic. And that makes me so sad!
4. I rarely eat fast food but I enjoy a burger every six months or so.
5. I love my car and I love to drive.
6. I cannot watch psychological thrillers. Total wimp when it comes to that.
7. I never wear eye shadow because I always feel totally painted. I like it on others though.
8. I like to try new recipes now and then.
9. I like orchids and I have several of them in the living room.
10. I totally dislike dark rooms and I need to turn on the lights very early because otherwise I feel like I have a dark cloud hanging over my head.
11. I find it totally difficult to think of so many random facts about myself.


My questions for the bloggers I will nominate are:

1. Which is the first song on your playlist?
2. Do you like to shop online or do you prefer to shop "offline"?
3. Are you a talented singer?
4. Do you like sports? If so, what do you enjoy watching or doing the most?
5. Who is your favourite actor/actress and why?
6. Which is your favourite drink?
7. Are you superstitious?
8. Name something you are really bad at.
9. Name something you are really good at.
10. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
11. What is your worst habit?


And finally to the last part: the nominees. As I already received the award before I will nominate less than 11 bloggers this time:

Rhi at Rhiannen's Rainbow
Vanessa at Journey Full of Life
Heather at Team Aidan
Mom on the Edge at Mom in Two Cultures
Lucas at abstract Lucas

Congrats to you! Please put a link to your response in my comments section so I don't miss it!





8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, are you saying my recipes are (mostly) awesome or mostly Armenian??? LOL. They're mostly neither of those things, but I love playing in the kitchen either way, so that's OK by me! :)

    That is really strange about your experience when your friend's father passed away. I had a similar experience, but it was a dream - had to call immediately upon waking and found out I was right.

    As for Kevin Bacon, I'll have to think about that and get back to you. I must have been watching his show The Following as I wrote that one. If you're not familiar, that is an actual game. He wasn't in the movie though (6 degrees of separation), so I can't remember how it started.

    Can't wait to check out your nominees' blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, let me clarify this: they all look awesome and I thought that most of them were Armenian! :-)

      I'm not familiar with "The Following" and will have to google that. Never heard of it before! Let me know if you can!

      Delete
  2. i have goosebumps about your supernatural experience!! and love that both of us received Liebsters from Chris so we can compare answers :) I LOVE Dirty Dancing and remember dancing in the aisles of the movie theater!

    Congrats on two awards in one week. you totally rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerri, you know that you rock, too!

      So cool that you love Dirty Dancing, too! Yeah!

      Delete
  3. Okay, finally!

    http://www.momintwocultures.com/2013/04/to-love-and-to-leibster.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here's me ...

    http://abstractlucas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/ive-been-liebsterd.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for linking it here, Lucas!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)