Friday, 26 April 2013

Five Minute Friday: Friend

Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday again.


Friend...

GO

Friends are an important constant in my life. I give a lot to my friends but I also ask a lot from them in return.

I only have a few really good and close friends. Some of my best friends accompanied my life since we were in elementary school and these grown friendships are so important to me. They are like old, tall trees, their leaves moving softly in the breeze, graciously accepting the gifts of the sun and the rain, giving me a feeling of belonging and security, their treetops sheltering from the storms and the trunks deeply rooted in the earth.

But I also found new and precious friends along the journey down the path of my life and they are very special to me as well. These plants still need a lot of care and attention and every now and then it is important to shelter them. They really mean a lot to me with their new, light green leaves and tender blossoms.

STOP



12 comments:

  1. I really like your metaphor, how lovely to think of your friends as beautiful flowers =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni, it just came to me while I was writing. I really love FMF!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I completely relate. I just wish it wasn't so hard to tend those fresh plants, those new friendships...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bekka, it is really hard, but most of the time it is worth it!

      Delete
  3. Friends are like that...they give us shade and depth and room to grow! Glad I found you on Lisa Jo's five minute friday. I have an autistic grandson and he is such a tremendous blessing in my life. Doesn't God reveal so many hidden treasures in one who is taking time to fully develop? Such much joy! will keep you all in prayer.
    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly, what a lovely comment! You are so right about the treasures in someone taking time to develop. I feel that you can relate to that. Blessings to you and your grandson and the rest of your family!

      Delete
  4. Nicely done. I like the idea of the strong, established trees and the newer, more delicate ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lana! Hope you and Lily are fine!

      Delete
  5. Ah, Joy. Love this! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very late with my response, but: thank you!

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)