Friday, 5 April 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: A typical day in my life...


It's Finish the Sentence Friday again! Yay!


This week's sentence to finish is:

A typical day in my life looks like...

... well, I guess there is nothing special to report here as I presume it is quite similar to the life of a gazillion of other moms out there on the planet.

So let me rather tell you what a typical day in the life of my nonverbal son, the light of my life, looks like.


2:53 am: I wake up and feel there is something missing. Maybe it is my pacifier [we are trying to get rid of it but he has a hard time letting go so we let him have it until he sleeps and then sneak in his room and take it out of his mouth] or something to drink [preferably milk which is called "mimi" in Sunny speak] or, just plain and simple, my mama. I guess I will just call her so she can try and decide what I need. I am sure she will figure it out soon by trial and error, tee hee. 

Sometime between 5:00 and 6:00 am: Enough time wasted with sleep, better wake up and get my parents going. Yay to a new day! I am so excited! Cannot wait to discover the world!

Shortly after I woke up: Why is everyone still so sleepy and tired!? What's wrong with them? I will help them getting up by switching on every light within my reach, by jumping on them, by dragging them out of their beds, forcing them to read books to me [preferably the same ones a thousand times], making them sing songs to me or playing the guitar. Although, really, no one in this house knows how to play the guitar but what can you do? Working with non-professionals is so hard, sigh.

When mama, this lazy gal, finally gets up: Oh, she's going to the bathroom! Great! Better attend her; otherwise I might miss out on something. And while she's wasting time sitting on the toilet and doing whatever she does there (what is it, anyway?) I could sit on her lap and she could read a book to me. Yeah, this is always fun! A bit of jumping on her lap would be great, too.

After mama is done in the bathroom: Can we now maybe HURRY UP and go downstairs?! I am starving! Why does she tell me she needs to get dressed first? I mean, she wears something she calls pyjamas so I would say she IS dressed?! And wait, she wants me to get dressed, too? Oh boy, this is so boring and my stomach tells me it needs something inside! I will distract her from dressing me by just doing anything else on the changing table. And could you please give me some mimi while you change my clothes? Obviously it will still take some time until we go and have something to eat so a bit of mimi would really help.

When we go down to have breakfast at 7:15 am: Ooooh, there are all my balls! Hey, I want to play with my balls! NOW! And with my ball path that is also here! And look, here are all my books, the ones that I love so much! What? You want me to have breakfast now? I have no time to eat now, it is time to PLAY!! Who needs something to eat anyway?

When breakfast is finished at 7:40 am: Hey, I just heard my mama say something about kindergarten! How cool is that?! I get to meet all my friends and play the most wonderful things, go to the gym with them, go swimming, craft some stuff... I love it so much there! So let's brush my teeth quickly before the bus picks me up! So happy to go there!

At kindergarten at 8:30 am: This is the coolest place EVER! And when we have breakfast together I will indulge in the delicious piece of cake that mama put in my backpack!

Before kindergarten is finished at 3:00 pm: Wow, I am really tired now. That was a looong and exhausting and beautiful and fun day!

When I come home at 3:30 pm: Mama! I am so glad to see you again! You see, I called your name several times on the bus on the way home because I could not wait to see you again! So good to be back home! I am really tired but could we maybe still play with my balls a bit? I missed them terribly! Or maybe go on the trampoline and, ideally, play with the balls on the trampoline? That would be awesome! And some mimi to accompany that would be great, thank you!

At dinner time at 6:45 pm: I cannot wait until daddy comes home! I missed him! There he is! Daddy, please play the guitar for me IMMEDIATELY!! Well, you are still not talented but this is better than nothing. You want me to have dinner now? Sigh. What is it with all this eating all the time? There are so many things we could do instead. But okay, I see your point and maybe I am a bit hungry. Let me just have a book to go with my dinner and I am fine. Thank you! You see, I am really tired now.

After dinner at 7:15 pm: What? Who said that I am tired?? I am back to full life! Let's get wild, jump up and down like crazy while some of you dabblers strum the guitar. Let's sit down and play with the ball path with the guitar to accompany it all and maybe my favourite music. Who cares if it is still the Christmas CD? Hey, Christmas should be all year long! What do you mean I have to go to bed now? I just gained all of my energy again! You dogs in the manger!

When it is time to go to bed at 7:45 pm: Okay, we did all the boring stuff like getting changed, brushing teeth, cleaning my nose and all that. Now it's your turn to read at least five books at least 100 times each to me. While you do that I will still run around, get more books for you to read and have another bottle of gorgeous mimi. You do not want to read anymore? What am I paying you for? This is your JOB!

When I am finally in bed at 8:00 pm: I admit it; I actually am a bit tired. Read one more book to me, please? Thank you mama! And now hand me my pacifier, my bottle of mimi-water-mixture and my blankies, put on my night music and I am ready to try to sleep.

8:15 pm: Mama? Mama? Oh, you are here. Just wanted to make sure. And maybe you could hug me one more time before I drift off to sleep? Thank you! Yawn! Now I am really ready to sleep. That was a wonderful and exciting day! I really enjoyed it! I love my bed, it is so comfy. See you later at night!


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!

Next week's sentence to finish: "If I could live anywhere, I'd live..."





18 comments:

  1. Joy, loved the way you approached finishing this week's sentence and will say that my kids too were still watching Mickey's Christmas almost into March and still not sure what that was about, too!! Thanks again for linking up with us and have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so glad to hear that other kids are still enjoying Christmas stuff as well!

      Delete
  2. Joy, I love this!!! Allie watches Christmas movies year round, seriously. But they are not Mickey, Nope it is Barbie playing the lead role IN EVERY ONE OF THEM.
    Love, love, love your take on Sunny's life. What is he paying you for? Hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerri my friend, I love that Allie watches Christmas movies all year! Makes me feel so much better. I don't know, however, what my husband will do if Sunny goes on listening to that CD? Maybe throw the CD player out the window? We will find out, I guess! ;-)

      Delete
  3. really liked the Post. (for me) part of the fun of blogging (in general) and FTSF (in particular) is to take something that everyone is 'looking at' and present it from a perspective that makes the Reader smile/laugh/shake-their-head-and-say damn! 'excellent Post!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Actually, I was thinking about the sentence all week and could not come up with anything interesting and then I just sat down and somehow the post wrote itself, without me figuring out much in advance.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet idea! I loved reading a day in the life through Sunny's perspective- great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed writing it a lot!

      Delete
  5. So so beautiful.....my son has sensory processing disorder, he is 7 now, but a couple of years ago this was so him. It made me smile....such a wonderful perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I love that you know what I'm talking about!

      Delete
  6. Ahh your kid sounds great. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and cute idea. That whole reading the same book 100 times - Gah! Sometimes I hide the books that my daughter wants to read 100 times. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to hide them, too, but he keeps on searching for them and insisting for me to read them until I give in. Guess I am one weak parent! ;-)

      Delete
  8. Completely adorable take on the FTSF prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joy! Awesome job on this post. I loved getting a bigger glimpse into Sunny's world. And I especially loved the ending. So perfect. You are fabulous. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear! I love the ending, too! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)