Friday, 26 April 2013

Finish the Sentence Friday: I am very passionate


This week's sentence to finish is:

I am very passionate about... 

... decluttering and cleaning our house. No, seriously. I would love to live in a clean house which is always neat and tidy. No socks lying around, no Legos to trip on and then curse because the pain bolts directly right up into your brain. No toys everywhere, no laundry piles. No paperwork piling up and needing to be taken care of, no stuff to sell on ebay waiting in the corridor to be photographed. No dishes in the kitchen sink or clothes to be repaired. Yes, I am really passionate about that and I try my best to get rid of it.

But you know what? I still feel like Sisyphus with all that decluttering and cleaning going on. Sometimes I feel like it will never end. I pick up stuff, I clean, I put away, I fold, I repair and photograph but still it does not get any better. Can disorder be chronic? If yes, I guess I am seriously ill.

And there is one mighty force in my household who is also very passionate but his aim is more the opposite: cluttering and making messes. And this person is my son. And boy, is he ever passionate about this mission! And I have to acknowledge that he is good at what he does, he is efficient and determined and sometimes a tornado unleashed. I have to unbegrudgingly admit that most of the times he wins in our contest.

So this is probably why our house will most likely never be perfect. Because while I am passionate about it and will always try to keep up with everything, there are things that are more important to me. Like my son for example. ;-)


Thank you to Kate of Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine…, Janine of Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Stephanie of Mommy, for Real and Dawn of Dawn's Disaster for hosting Finish the Sentence Friday!






9 comments:

  1. Joy, I can so say the same about the mess in my house, but then again I too love my girls and they are way more important to me, too. Thanks as always for linking up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I wish I had your passion. Or maybe it's more like my husband wishes I shared your passion. I do love a clean house but it seems so futile (with two kids at home, 2 cats, dog, turtle ...) As far as passions go, I wish I could catch that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I can relate to this. My desire for order and Lily's desire for DISorder are complete and total opposites. And she wins almost every time. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I have a serious problem with clutter right now! I have gone through phases where I have been really on top of the clutter, and I feel so much better, but that pretty much went out the window with my second child's birth...someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your passion cause I hate clutter too.

    TGIF :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as you are done decluttering your house will you please come to mine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, I know just what you mean! Sometimes I feel like the junk is swallowing me alive. All I can do is hope I get through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto what Kerri said, because seriously, I have become horrible about going through things and getting rid of them. We held a community garage sale for Tucker's class today and because I was one of the organizers and not everything sold, I came home with more crap (yes, I will donate it but still, my basement looks like Hoarders).
    Love the last line :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I had to laugh because as I was reading this, my little guy was dumping out his bin of legos onto the sheets on the floor that he just striped off of his bed for the 4th time today. He at least waits a few minutes after I re-make his bed before he tears it apart again. It makes my OCD twitch. A happy home is a messy home, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)