Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Boston

I have been thinking about what to write all day. But I am speechless and at a total loss of words, as many of you are, about the senseless violence that affected so many lives and killed innocent people, even kids. It is a tragedy I just cannot wrap my head around. Those were innocent people, running for themselves or for a special cause, they were simply running.

What's wrong with the world? Again, I want to go to Dreamland and live in a world without hatred and brutality. This post says it ever so eloquently what is on my mind.

I am glad to learn, however, that there are so many good people out there. First responders who rushed to the attack site to help, hundreds of Bostoners who opened up their homes for total strangers in need, restaurants that offered food and internet access for free, big companies like Google that tried to help with lists accessible to anyone in order to find missed ones.


My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families and friends affected by this act of cowardice.


6 comments:

  1. Saddest part of yesterday for me was when I told my boys about it and they wondered what year in history I was talking about. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alana, that is really ever so sad! And tragic. :-(

      Delete
  2. I want to go to dream land too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, want to go to dreamland. I am so sad about Boston. I keep thinking that I need to write about it but I just don't know what to say. It makes me sick, and sad, and worried, and heartbroken. I hate the fact that there are people in the world who think that getting their points across requires violence. Simply awful.
    Hugs, friend. let's all go to dream land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate to all that you wrote. I am about to pack my bags. Come with me! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)