Wednesday, 20 March 2013

I love you, too

I tell Sunny that I love him at least once a day. Each night when I put him to bed the last things I say to him is that I wish him sweet dreams, a good night's sleep and that I love him fiercly. He never responded or reacted to that which always made me a bit sad. Even when I asked him occasionally if he loved me, too, there was never any reaction.

On Sunday night I did what I do every night: tell him how much I love him. And then, when I asked him "do you love me, too?" he suddenly put his arms around my neck, pulled me close and hugged me tightly. My heart skipped a beat and I was the happiest mom on the planet!

Then there was another incident yesterday that made me so happy again. We sat together at the table with his talker. He pressed the button for nice/dear/beloved/darling (there is no appropriate 1:1 translation for the word), then he pulled at my arm in order for me to come close to him. He then hugged me and afterwards he pressed "Mama". Awww, that made my heart melt into a puddle in a instant!

Photo credits

I have yet to experience him to tell me "I love you" in his own words, with his own sweet voice. But for the time being this is more than I ever dreamt of. It makes me so happy that he finally knows how to show and tell me that he loves me, too!







PS: It is funny that I found a post dealing with this just last week from the Love That Max linkup. I wanted to write a response to it since I read it but got distracted and forgot about it.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you that he is telling you that he loves you in his own way! That's awesome! And Tucker doesn't say it either :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! xo
      And I am sure Tucker will say it, too, one day! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Slightly jealous and hugely happy for you. Boo doesn't say I love you, although we are trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerri! Boo will say it, too! I am sure!

      Delete
  3. Dear Joy,

    Thanks for allowing us to "hear" your sweet boy say "I love you" for the first time. And thanks for sharing the link to www.DifferentDream.com and for stopping by to visit.

    PS–Your English sounds just fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy,

    Thank you for writing about finally "hearing" what you've been waiting for so long! What a great day that must have been. Thanks. too, for the link to www.DifferentDream.com and for stopping by.

    Jolene

    PS–Your English sounds just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jolene! It really was such a special moment!

      Delete
  5. My son used to say "I You" so we all got into the habit of saying it to each other. He doesn't say it any more, but I know he does. They love us, of course they do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I you" is so cute! I know that he loves me, but it is so good to hear it!

      Delete
  6. I loved reading this! How special those moments must have been! Thanks so much for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, Jo Lynn! Thank you for your wonderful comment!

      Delete
  7. Teared up reading this - would've been a sobbing mess if this happened to me. But a GOOD and HAPPY sobbing mess. :) Thanks for sharing such a precious moment with us, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lana! I was just beyond happy and although I am normally a crier over everything I did not cry this time! :-)

      Delete
  8. even after patty was able to speak in sentences, she didn't realize that she should respond when i told her i love you. every night i would say i love you, then put my fingers on her chin and wiggle her mouth up and down saying in a funny voice "love you too mommy". it took a little while but eventually she started saying it without my prompting her. jt, although almost 14 months younger, was able to respond appropriately to an i love you. but, patty had to learn it, she couldn't just figure it out on her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment, especially the part about the finger on her chin! xo

      Delete

I LOVE comments! Please talk to me! :-)